hospital

mrsholmes

Reaction score
I know this might sound a really stupid question, if u give birth during the night is your OH allowed to stay with you in the hospital or has he gotta go home?

i gave birth at 2348, and my husband stayed til 2am, but when i was transfered to the ward he had to go home

Yep similar story here, had LO at 00.28 and when i went to the ward he got sent home x

Yeah, its procedure for them to go home when you go to the ward, they have to respect the privacy of the other mums.

Same with me, my Son was born in the night and OH stayed with me all the time in the delivery sweet but as soon as i went to the ward he got sent home....if there were private rooms it would have been diffrent i was told,
Its one of the reasons my Girl was a home birth lol xxxxx

Stan stayed with me the entire time, but I'm in Canada. He only went home to take care of the cats

In my local hospital (Girmsby lincolnshire) .
From the moment you get there you have your own ensuite room , And you can have up too 2 birthing partners stayingw ith you all the way through ! .
I guess some hospitals are different , I would hate to be alone , And allso to be in a ward . I feel very lucky . xx .

In my local hospital (Girmsby lincolnshire) .
From the moment you get there you have your own ensuite room , And you can have up too 2 birthing partners stayingw ith you all the way through ! .
I guess some hospitals are different , I would hate to be alone , And allso to be in a ward . I feel very lucky . xx .

you are lucky. we have to pay for private rooms at my hospital

They do let them come anytime dur in the day now though, when i had my first, dads was only allowed at visiting times, but they changed it so that they could come anytime between 9am and 9 pm, which i thought was great because i could go for a shower or whatever while he watched the baby.

I'm worried about this at the moment too. With being disabled I'm worried about how much help I'll need if I have to stay on the ward. Obviously it's a hospital, there are nurses, but I doubt they're gonna have enough time to help me doing everything and help me with the baby, as well as help all the other mums on the ward.
My midwife said there are private rooms but they're not always empty and you have to pay extra. She said its a possibility they might let my partner stay due to my situation but it's not a definite, so...

But there is a hospital within 30 miles that is a bit like a hotel with en-suite rooms, so I'm thinking about being transfered there later on :)

how much extra are the private rooms?! bit scared never been in hospital before!

ill just leave after delivery if thats the case, balls 2 going on the ward!!

is there any need to go onto the ward if everythings ok? x

Im not sure. I think you can go home after 6 hours at my hospital. In my maternity notes theres a box that says length of stay either 6 hours or 24.

ill just leave after delivery if thats the case, balls 2 going on the ward!!

I tried that but wasn't allowed, i could only leave after so many hours on a ward and then after a Doc had done the rounds and discharged us :(

I went into hospital at 10:00pm and gave birth at 5:46am. My husband was sent home at 7:00am and not allowed back till visiting time at 2:00pm. He missed Kians first bath, his photos, hearing test etc. I think dad's should be able to stay with you, which is one of the reasons i have opted for a home birth as i want my husband with me all of the time.

This has played a big part in my decision for a homebirth, I want my OH there the whole time there and after the birth and I don't want to be left on my own in a strange hospital.

I have just discovered that my hospital has a birth centre as well as delivery suite/ward and partners can stay in the birth centre the whole time and you get your own room!!!! As long as my pregnancy stays uncomplicated I'll give birth there.:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->