hospital

Very happy with ours , I knew partners could stay but now have lots more info i never knew :) .

Ohhhhhhhhh just noticed they allso offer a mobile epidural ... I thought they were very new and only swanky places offered them :) :) .

Grimsby Maternity Hospital, GrimsbyConsultant Led Unit
Facilities at the unit

* How many labour wards/ rooms are there:: 21
LDRP rooms

* Number of beds in each labour ward/room: 1
LDRP rooms

* How many postnatal wards/rooms are there: 21
Please see comments above re LDRP model

* Number of beds in each postnatal wards/rooms: 1
either 1 in LDRP room or 2 in twin rooms

* Number of LDRP rooms: (Single rooms used for delivery and postnatal care) : 21

* Number of single rooms available for women to recover following birth: 21

Facilities in LRPD or single rooms

More information

* Use a private bath/shower attached to their room (en suite): In all rooms

* Use a private toilet attached to their room (en suite): In all rooms

* Have bean bags, pillows and mats provided in their room: In all rooms

Amenity Rooms

More information

* Do women have to pay to have a room they do not have to share: No

Facility for women’s partners to stay in the same room with them

More information

* Before they go into labour: Yes

* When they are in labour: Yes

* After the birth: Yes

Security Measures available

More information

* Ankle bands for the baby: No

* Cot alarms: Yes

* CCTV: Yes

* Restricted access: Yes

* Additional measures: No

ill just leave after delivery if thats the case, balls 2 going on the ward!!

I tried that but wasn't allowed, i could only leave after so many hours on a ward and then after a Doc had done the rounds and discharged us :(

surely the cant tell u wat 2 do!!!!!!!!!! if u have a homebirth its not as if the doc comes 2 your house is it. ill just walk out they can go f+++ themselves. i only want 2 give birth in hospital incase of complications during delivery. not 2 be a prisoner or alone :hissy:

I don't think they will allow you to discharge baby before the 6 hrs? If you do have complications of any kind during the birth, baby may be required to stay for longer too. My ds had meconium in teh waters and was required to stay in for 24 hrs. Its not as bad as you think. If you give birth during the night and your dh has to go, everyone is asleep etc anyway and you will be resting, probably not sleeping though, because you will be way too busy admiring your gorgeous new lo!

id obviously be WILLING 2 stay if there is complications with the baby lol thats not the issue!!!!

i just dont get the fact that you can have a home birth and your already home but if you have a hospital birth you cant leave 4 6 hours. i wouldnt mind staying 2 shut them up if OH could be with us, but since he cant ill be sure 2 leave with him.

think i need 2 chat 2 MW @ next appointment

oo sorry i didn't mean to offend you. I just meant sometimes you have to stay longer than you had hoped. I was hot footing it out after 6 hrs with dd lol but ds i had to stay almost 48 hrs because of the 24 hr rule thing and he was born at night so by the time the 24 hrs was up it was the middle of the night again lol.

Def have a chat with your mw about it, all areas have different policies etc.

I had to stay in 24hours with both Mine as they had very badly pooped in the amniotic fluid before birth.
So even thow babies were peachy fine , They wanted us to stay just in case . x .

I tried that but wasn't allowed, i could only leave after so many hours on a ward and then after a Doc had done the rounds and discharged us :(

surely the cant tell u wat 2 do!!!!!!!!!! if u have a homebirth its not as if the doc comes 2 your house is it. ill just walk out they can go f+++ themselves. i only want 2 give birth in hospital incase of complications during delivery. not 2 be a prisoner or alone :hissy:

I don't think they will allow you to discharge baby before the 6 hrs? If you do have complications of any kind during the birth, baby may be required to stay for longer too. My ds had meconium in teh waters and was required to stay in for 24 hrs. Its not as bad as you think. If you give birth during the night and your dh has to go, everyone is asleep etc anyway and you will be resting, probably not sleeping though, because you will be way too busy admiring your gorgeous new lo!

id obviously be WILLING 2 stay if there is complications with the baby lol thats not the issue!!!!

i just dont get the fact that you can have a home birth and your already home but if you have a hospital birth you cant leave 4 6 hours. i wouldnt mind staying 2 shut them up if OH could be with us, but since he cant ill be sure 2 leave with him.

Hun the midwife told me it was in case you Sue the hospital.......

If you have a home birth its 'on your head'

If the hospital let you go home without the recommended stay on the ward and discharge letter and something goes wrong you can sue them.

I dont know if birthing centers are the same tho.

Hun the midwife told me it was in case you Sue the hospital.......

If you have a home birth its 'on your head'

If the hospital let you go home without the recommended stay on the ward and discharge letter and something goes wrong you can sue them.

I dont know if birthing centers are the same tho.

ahhh rite. im in a dilema now hmmmm wat 2 do:dohh:

claire,

you can chose where you want to give birth so it might be worth looking up your local options and chosing one that will let your dh stay with you. I hadn't considered anywhere else til I saw a thread LuluBee started with hospital stats and birth choice stuff on.

:hugs:

Thought I would thread crash, saw the title of your post Mrsholmes and wanted to make sure you are alright.

I had absolutely no idea that in other places the husbands aren't allowed to stay! I'm really in shock. I couldn't imagine being alone. The hospital I'm having this baby at has couches that pull out for husband's to sleep on.
Same at our Labor and Delivery, but once I was on the maternity ward after delivery DH was lucky enough to have the empty bed in my room. Also my hospital has no visiting hours and as long as you are up for visitors even if it be 2am they are welcome to stop by.

OMG I feel for all of you ladies in the UK. Here in the US as far as I know most hospitals allow daddies to be present from delivery until discharge. Normally at most you will have a room mate. Both of my stays with my girls (due to c-section and needing to have incision monitored) I was very lucky to have my own room. I did stay alone when Khloe was born as me and DH were separated, but with Keira DH stayed with me from the time I was admitted on the morning of 2/14 until discharge on 2/19. I was also admitted once before for PTL and he was able to stay then as well. Whether in a ward full of ladies or in a private room I would feel so alone as I did when I was alone.

claire,

you can chose where you want to give birth so it might be worth looking up your local options and chosing one that will let your dh stay with you. I hadn't considered anywhere else til I saw a thread LuluBee started with hospital stats and birth choice stuff on.

yes im going to have a look today hun, i feel really uptight about this matter its got my back up lol

The most traumatic thing about Chloes birth was Mark being kicked out. Chloe was born at 1.33am and mark was told to leave at 4. We'd already been told that due to my mental health issues he would stay but the night duty mw went against that. In the end I was wheeled up to the ward actually screaming. It disturbed the others on the ward far more than Mark just coming in with me

claire,

yes im going to have a look today hun, i feel really uptight about this matter its got my back up lol

I dont blame you hun......

With my 2nd in the hospital i was trying to walk out at gone midnight....i set alarms off because i took my son (who was wearing a electronic tag) through the ward doors.......i was going mental (and was very hormonal) i created a right scene because my midwife had led me to believe if all was well id be allowed home........she was wrong and i was gutted :cry:

Thats why my 3rd was a home birth ;)

Lookout for birthing centers and that kind of thing, there much more relaxed about things :hugs:

oh noooo i hate being apart from him at night im like a big baby - lol x x

Make sue you give birth in the morning and if everything's ok you will be home after the Docs done evening rounds ;) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mine doesn't allow partners after labour :(

That really needs sorting out around the country, they have to miss out on any rounds, or tests, or anything, and we miss out on the support ???

I've given birth in the early hours all but 1 time and was able to have a couple of hours alone with babies post birth on the delivery suite but hubby had to go home once on normal ward. It does seem rubbish but you have to remember that there are other people on the wards who need their sleep and some are quite poorly too:-(.

I have been on the receiving end too and been disturbed on a ward while they were trying to stop my labour when I was 24wks and I desperately needed to rest....some hubby was kicking off coz he couldn't stay and was refusing to leave:hissy:. He woke half the ward up:gun:. I know it's disappointing...I've been there too but these rules aren't to be bitchy, they're to protect the other people on the wards.

It would be good if they had a sort of in-between ward/room so people could stay with their partners for that little longer afterbirth during the night but I suppose that would mean more staff and rooms to manage as there would have to be staff around in case of problems:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->