how can i get a deal?

magicbubble

Reaction score
as we are all summer/autumn births i was wondering, for the people (like me) who dont plan to do much in the way of spending on bubba just yet and want to leave it till nearer the due date, what sales will be on?

its really bad timing i think as we will miss out on the january sales and as i am due in august i will be too early for the end of summer sales... what else is there?

I think you'll find lots of places having mid season sales etc.

When I was first pregnant with Ted, I really turned up my nose at second hand. However, I soon realised that I could have things that I could never have afforded new, and in great condidtion if I kept my eyes peeled!
xxx

I will be keeping my eyes out..even in charity shops!
Charity shops get a bad reputation, but not only do they clean everything, they dont accept anything damaged so sometimes you can get some real bargains!

Sometimes shops in August and Sept are going over to the autumn range so are selling off summer clothes/acces. i found it really annoying trying to find clothes for a holiday in Sept and everywhere was winter clothes but had summer stuff in sales..

i will also keep an eye on second hand, ive been looking on ebay, on the for sale section and here and a lot of people still have things with the tags on! If I have a girl im well in there as my sister has had 2 girls and so has my friend so loads of clothes will be coming my way..
As for other bits weve missed the january sales but keep an eye out in free ads, ebay etc theres always bargains to be had.
Im going to try not to buy anything until after 5 months

keep your eyes out for the asda baby events you can save a fortune, I got a streliser with bottels etc for £20 the same one in mamas and papas is £40, im not due till sept but this way i will save buying special offers etc xxx

keep your eyes out for the asda baby events you can save a fortune, I got a streliser with bottels etc for £20 the same one in mamas and papas is £40, im not due till sept but this way i will save buying special offers etc xxx

thanks everyone - great ideas i will use, :)

does the asda event run at different times of the year then? i must say i was a bit disappointed when they announced it just after christmas but if they have more than one a year then that would be great :)

Yes asda do a baby week every couple of months. Last week they were selling high chairs and stair gates for £15. I was looking on Ebay yesterday for electric sterillisers and people were selling the Advent QI ones for £20 buy it now and it was brand new. They were unwanted gifts.
After already having 3 babies, i've learnt my lesson with buying really expensive brand new things. Half of them are just gimics. Also for the first year of a babys life they outgrow things in 5 minutes. xx

e-bay! My mum is bidding on some big bags of maternity clothes for me and some bags of new born bits... :)

I was annoyed about this too, as I started to look online and saw are the January sales, and everything half price, but when you are only 5-6 weeks pregnant it seems a bit crazy to go shopping so early! Also my sister in law is staying in our second room at the moment, so we have got no room to put anything in until June... I spoke to my family about it, and they said not to worry about the sales now, and that this baby won't want for anything! So I have decided to leave the shopping for the nursery at least until June...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->