how did you tell your OH?

amerikiwi

Mum of 2
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I just got my BFP and want to tell my husband in a special way. I've locked my cell phone away because it's all i can do to avoid just calling him at work and spitting it out.

So, any suggestions or ideas?

You could wrap up the test and give it to him like a gift. :)

Go out to a nice dinner some where and hand him a card with your positive pregger test in it. I might would put the test in a baggie - my hubby get grossed out by pee on a stick.

Well, I was very impatient and didn't do anything special. I suspected I might be preggo so I did a home test when I woke up at 5.35 am needing to pee. When I went back into the bedroom my hubby was awake and said good morning, I responded with "I'm pregnant!". So I'm no good for advice on this one!

I think the card is a good idea. If he doesn't know what the test is or how to interpret it, offer an explanation in the card. I know my OH wouldn't have had the faintest idea what it is if I'd just shown him the test!

These are great!

If I had ovulated on time, I could've given him the pee stick for his birthday, :rofl: but as it was, bean was implanting at the time instead.

KittenK, that's too funny. I almost did that this morning! My FMU was so faint that I thought maybe it was an evap(although it appeared in 1 minute) but this afternoon, i got 2 true positives!!

Think I'll definitely have to help him interpret the test! I like the card idea. I read of someone else that put a single bun in the oven and then asked her husband to check on dinner in the oven. When he looks in, he says "honey why is there a bun in the oven?" :rofl:

Decisions, decisions. What a great dilemma to have...

I wanted to do the same thing, only I ended up calling him and blurting it out, lol. I wanted to go and buy a onsie, or a bib that said "I love my daddy" and give it to him with the positive test.

I gave him baby food for dinner and I bought a cheap baby bottle and I put milk in it...
he had a puzzle look in his face...I took the baby food bottle and I placed it on the table...he was just staring at it...lol and then looked up at me and then I showed him the test =D

but the bib/onsie idea was cute...I thought about doing that but they dont sell those at the supermarket near my house (1 block away) :(

I had it all planned out that I would wait and take my hubby out to dinner for his birthday (3 days after I tested) but the moment I got my test I ran out of the bathroom screaming. I woke him up cause I couldnt stop dancing around the room. Apparently patience is not on my side.

That was a cute idea with the baby food! I never thought of that. Have you guys been trying long?

PrettyBonk, that's hilarious! Very clever.

The onsie idea is cute too! I have this vision of not being able to choose one and end up giving him baby food, a onsie, and a pee stick! :rofl:

hahaha, oooo I know, you can get him the book what to expect when your wife is expanding, or other book of your choice and tell him to start doing his homework.

hahaha, oooo I know, you can get him the book what to expect when your wife is expanding, or other book of your choice and tell him to start doing his homework.

:rofl: When I first read this I assumed it was "when your wife is expecting" but expanding is even funnier!

:rofl: When I first read this I assumed it was "when your wife is expecting" but expanding is even funnier!

hahaha I actually bought my husband that book off of amazon.com. he hasn't looked at it yet, but he says that he will.

Just got back from the store:

Since his birthday has just past, I got a belated birthday card written for a child to give their father. Since this is our first, I think when he opens the card and sees the first word on it in big bold letters "DAD" that he'll be able to figure out the pee-stick inside! I also wrote a nice letter and signed it from new bubs.

Now I have to wait 2.5 hours for him to get home from work. Tick tock tick tock...

Man, I can't stay awake long enough to see what the reaction is, but it sounds perfect! I'll check tomorrow :)

Either wrappin it up or puttin it in an envelope sounds gd x

With DS I found out while DH was in France for the week - so waited til he got back. I just said 'do i look any different' thinking he'd say did you have your hair done or something! but he just said 'why are you pregnant' then hugged me!

This time - I did a pee test early again which I said I wouldn't (and knew he'd be annoyed if I did, cos i upset myself so much last cycle). And then he came in the bathroom while I was waiting for the test to develop. So I threw it into the drawer. Went back to retrieve it still within the 5 min timescale and it had a faint line on it. so I ran downstairs all excited and said I've got a suprise for you. And he wouldn't believe me, said there's nothing there and that I was only seeing it cos I wanted to. Said I was stupid for testing again so early! I was still adamant there was a line there. And he had to eat humble pie when I showed him again and he could see the line too! REtested next day and the next and it was darker!

Love the idea you had about the belated birthday card - how did it go?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->