how did you tell your OH?

No advice her I threw the test at him yelling look what you have gone and done now!

This is the 3rd time I've fallen pregnant after literally just looking at his willy! He's got some sort of freaky ubersperm, I swear!

This time he'd pointed out that my period was late which it never really is. I can't go on the pill so usually OH has to take away rather than sitting in (if you know what I mean....!) but we'd just decorated and moved into our spare room away from our baby girl and it was so wonderful to not have to creep about quitely or worry about disturbing her for the first time in a year that OH got a little bit carried away..........:blush: I'd only just finished my last period the week before so I wasn't too worried.

Anyway we were going to try again this year but I wasn't expeting things to happen so soon.

I just sent him a text saying.

"Oh well Mr. Ubersperm, you've done it AGAIN!"

:happydance: He's delighted. In fact he's always said he wants 5. I only agree to this if he promises to pay for a tummy tuck and boob job afterwards I think it would be the least I deserve!!

Just got back from the store:

Since his birthday has just past, I got a belated birthday card written for a child to give their father. Since this is our first, I think when he opens the card and sees the first word on it in big bold letters "DAD" that he'll be able to figure out the pee-stick inside! I also wrote a nice letter and signed it from new bubs.

Now I have to wait 2.5 hours for him to get home from work. Tick tock tick tock...

Beautiful! Have you done it yet? *repeat as per annoying child* How'd it go?

Aww that's so sweet - I love it!

I didn't get chance to think of anything so fun. OH was still in bed when I got up to test. My plan was to leave the test for the 5 minutes it said it needed whilst I had a shower and then tell him either way when I came out of the bathroom HOWEVER the line came up SOOOO quickly that it freaked me out a bit and I couldn't not tell him straight away so I took the test into the bedroom and told him to watch it for five minutes "but given there is already 2 lines on it I think I might be...."

Your way you have something to keep forever, I have to say, I threw the test in the bin, will take a pic of the digi one tomorrow though!

I told him my af was late and that I had bought some tests.

SO I went and did the deed in the bathroom and low and behold there was the second line so I just asked him to come have a look.

Boring I know.

The first time, I texted him with "I'm pregnant" to which I got the reply "By text?!?" Don't think he was too happy about that... Oops!
This time we were in town and he looked in my bag to see what I'd bought, when I explained that I'd been sick all week and was over a week late and that was why the tests were there (had bought three!) he just asked why I needed so many and smiled. Lots.

I thought about taping the test to the hallway mirror with a note saying "welcome home daddy" but I couldn't wait so I called him ;)

I waved the positive pg test in his face while he was sleeping, willing him to wake up. I then shook him and said "babe, look...." He barely opened his eyes and looked at the positive line and said "You're pregnant?" and I said "yes" ... we both burst into tears of shock!

i did my test early, we were not planning to test for a couple of days, he was in bed still and i got up and did it, when the second line was there couldnt contain myself and started shouting his name really loudly, he did not know what was going on!!!! xx

I tested at 0440 in the morning. A few minutes later I crawled back in to bed next to my snoring husband, said "we're pregnant" and closed my eyes. About 20 seconds later I hear him go "what?" I repeat it and he goes "oh, um...yay?" and fell back asleep.

I was amused.

When I was pregnant with my daughter I felt awful... was sick every morning and just didn't want to get out of bed... so my boyfriend was the one telling me to test see if I was pregnant (i couldn't remember when i was due on!) ... This time I wanted to do something special especially after loosing our daughter ... the only thing was I just couldn't wait to tell him I did a test after feeling rough all day and knew I was a week late... got the BFP and just had to phone him!

I got a bib saying "I love daddy" put it in a gift bag and gave it to him:D

I didn't do anything special, if anything I was more upset than he was. I ran upstairs in tears of disbelief and confusion after he told me to take an HPT, which turned :bfp: while I was still peeing... haha yea poor guy.

One of my friends made a themed meal... baby corn, baby carrots, veal(baby lamb, and mini potatoes... so they ate and he didn't really get it... and so she asked him if he saw any ties to the meal... he didn't so she gave him a box with a bow that had the pregnancy test in it... he was really happy and surprised... then he got her theme... he was proud of her cleverness!!:yipee:

wish I did more than just cry and stare at the wall... haha

Mine was Valentine's Day. I was convinced it wasn't so I wasn't that fussed. Hubby and I woke up really early and he told me to go test. I did and the lines came up so quickly I said 'I don't believe it!' I walked through to the bedroom and just said 'I'm pregnant' and passed him the test - and then I got back in bed and we went back to sleep for a couple of hours. Not very exciting! lol

Wow, everyone has such lovely and clever stories....

Mine is very boring - we bought the test in Asda one day after work, then spent 2 hours deciding if we should do it right away or leave it for a couple of days. Eventually I went to do the test, he was planning on coming through in a few minutes but it came up as pregnant right away so I called him through, burst into tears and he just stood there hugging me til I calmed down! :blush:

I wanted to do something all cute for the big announcement to him... but then he was away and I couldn't keep the secret for a week until he got home! I ended up texting him that he needed to call me as soon as he could (he kinda had an idea something was up then)... so I ended up telling him over the phone.

He told me I was pregnant, He said he could feel it Done a test and he was right, But me personally would have just told him straight up.

Just got back from the store:

Since his birthday has just past, I got a belated birthday card written for a child to give their father. Since this is our first, I think when he opens the card and sees the first word on it in big bold letters "DAD" that he'll be able to figure out the pee-stick inside! I also wrote a nice letter and signed it from new bubs.

Now I have to wait 2.5 hours for him to get home from work. Tick tock tick tock...

Beautiful! Have you done it yet? *repeat as per annoying child* How'd it go?

I love all these stories!

Fortunately he got home early so I didn't have to wait too long. It went very well! First time I've actually seen his mouth drop open speechless. He kept looking to the card then to the peestick then to me a couple times before getting a big grin and asking "Are you pregnant?!"

Thank goodness I resisted the urge to txt him. He didn't have his phone on him yesterday, so he wouldn't have gotten it.

well i took a test on the 28th and it was BFN!!! :( we were both a bit upset. But we had only been trying a month.

So then we were just having a lazy night with a few glasses of wine on the 8th of March and i said " My period is due today but its not here yet - wierd" We laughed and said lets take a test for a giggle.

So i went away to do the test while he was sitting relaxing in the living room (assuming AF was just late as we had a BFN the week before)

I waited in the bathroom by myself and was soooo surprised that i got a BFP!!!!! my heart was racing with excitment, i ran down the stairs and yelled something like "ahhhhhhhh blehbloh ggrhrhrhr" just a load of nonsense, and he said "sorry what was that? your pregnant?" haha....

So after that he picked up my glass of wine and said "no more for mummy!"

:) :) :)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012