How do i tell her?!!

missjacey44

Jacey & Baby Tye
Reaction score
I was planning on breastfeeding for a few weeks, no longer.
So i brought some formula with a cell by date of Nov.2009, My ex's mum was over in our place at the weekend and saw the milk and the date and said 'Why did you buy this if your breastfeeding it goes out of date in 2009'
I just said 'Oh just incase you know' because i didnt know what else to say to her!

:| Nov.09.. A whole year away.. she better not be expecting me to breastfeed for that long!!!!! Shes so strict on stuff like this and i cant deal with the stress of her going on and on lecturing me about it.. How do i tell her that there is no way i am doing it for that long!!!

Do you think its bad if i just make an excuse after hes here why i cant breastfeed anylonger but i wanted too.. :| ?!!!! Arghh its my baby!

Honey, until your little man is actually here, you don't know how you will get on with breast feeding anyway. Some people are naturals at it, others have real difficulties, so it is unrealistic of her to assume that you would automatically be able to breast feed anyway, never mind for that long. The most important thing is that you want to try, and even if you do only do it for a few weeks, then that is great.
I wouldn't worry about it until bubs is here, then just play it by ear, and as you said, it's your baby, therefore, your choice.
xxx

Thats true i dont even know whats going to happen yet anyway, Thanks.

I agree with ya missjess! a year is definately a long time, I know people who do it for that long or longer, but it is a very long time.

It is not really any of your step moms business anyways..

I plan to express, especially cause there is NO way I would be able to BF in public (I have my doubts about BF period) so my bubs will have a bottle... If someone (especially my ohs mum) harasses me about what is in the bottle I will lose it. Seriously... People better not expect me to be coming over for dinners etc and whipping my boob out cause it aint gonna happen.

At the end of the day, it is your choice what you decide to do and your ex's mum will just have to accept it. It is your baby and body after all. Don't let her bully you into a decision.

xxx

It's nothing to do with her. Her role is as a grandmother and thats it. You dont even need to make an excuse. Just say hmmm and never answer her directly thats what I do with mine and it works everytime she'll soon get the message!

i would just tell her striaght hun, its your baby you do what you feel best with!!

Like others have said it YOUR baby and YOUR choice so many people keep trying to push me to breastfeed but its just not for me.....personal preference :) Tell her straight XxxX

:hugs: Its your choice what you do with your baby you should prob try and put your foot down before you start worrying about what she says about everything you do to do with your baby. Also i agree with cuddles just wait until your baby is born and then worry about these things :hugs:

Hon, I wouldn't lie. Why should you make excuses as to how you wish to raise YOUR baby. Again as the others say, you'l have to wait till the time comes as to how LO needs to be fed. x

its up to you whether you breatfeed or not and for how long you do it. I would just tell her straight.

don't be bullied by her and if it means having a row now then so be it! Better to clear the air now and say how you feel than after babs comes. Its your choice how long you bf for and you can make that decision one you get started. She needs to stop nosing round your house!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->