How do you know when you're done?

I've said the same, we said after this one we'll be done. But will we??

Three would practically be terrible for us (house isn't big enough, car size etc) and as we've had a bit of a contraception issue in the past so had planned for OH to get the snip after this one. But agrhhhhh!!!

Some days I'm done, others I'm really broody and hoping my implant fails haha!
I'm happy with my 2 girls don't think I could handle a boy lol, finances and childcare and my pelvic floor are huge factors in not having anymore. But I keep thinking back to how dd2's labour was and want to do it again as it was so perfect and I recovered so quick, I also love the newborn stage. So we will see what happens, I'm still on the fence

I just have the clear feeling that i wouldnt want to have another. not even few weeks after birth or when i see newborns. The thought of another pregnancy makes me go squick, and i cant imagine how others could like being preg so often (ahem duggars :haha: )

I'm hoping I will be 'done' at 3 or 4.... I really don't want to feel broody forever. I have had two extremely easy pregnancies, worked nights etc up to 30 weeks pregnant. Honestly, I just love being pregnant. Even giving birth I see as a great challenge to overcome. I feel quite tearful when I think about never being pregnant again, having a beautiful squishy newborn. Doesn't help that my second is the easiest baby ever he is gorgeous. I think 3 will be it. I would like to take them on nice holidays, for them to do sports/ music if they want and it all costs money.

I am so done! I have 3, with my youngest being 16 months. After I had my twins, I wasn't sure if I was done or not. But I was certain I was done very shortly after I had my littlest one.
Personally I feel very 'complete'. My baby is so good but I have my hands full with 3 of them being so young. My poor DH would die of stress if we had another lol

That's not to say that sometimes I don't pine to have another little newborn, but the idea if being pregnant again makes me want to cry! I had a dream shortly after LO was born, that I was having number 4 and woke up, thinking for a split second that it was real. I have never been so relieved to realise I was dreaming!

Maybe in a few years I will change my mind, but DH had the snip last summer to ensure I could do nothing about it :-0

:hugs: Hope you are okay.

I must admit that I have never felt broody or had the desire to have another child since having Ivy. I have felt like I *should* at some point because I grew up with loads of siblings but I there really isn't a single part of me with any desire at all to go back to the baby years or have another child. In an ideal world my FOB will have a baby with his new gf so Ivy gets a sibling without me having to do any of the hard work :haha: I know I might change my mind as I'm only 24 but there hasn't been a single moment in which I have really wanted another and I can't see my mindset changing anytime soon.

I don't feel done but we aren't having any more. Far too much would have to change if we had any more and we've decided we like things as they are.

I agree with a PP who said it probably never goes as we are programmed to have children. I have noticed that during the fertile times of my cycle I desperately want another baby and then a few days later I can't think of anything worse than another child. We decided on trying for number 2 when it got to the point that my desire for another child was present right through my cycle.

Dd2 is 14 weeks and after a very traumatic birth I thought I was done. Yesterday we packed up the Moses basket and I felt really low to know that we'll never get it out again! I think we will probably have one or two more but this time id like 4-5 years between dd2 and next one :)

I just 'know'.

Sometimes I get broody, but only for the excitement of pregnancy, gender discovery, ect.

I don't actually want another baby, I had absolutely no desire to give birth again, ever.
And of course the practicalities are there too, we would have to get a big car, we have a corsa ATM, bigger house, I worry about juggling three, affording Christmases, days out and holidays.

I'm definitely done.

For us it was a discussion of what was right for our family. I always wanted 2-3, husband wanted 2. We struggled getting pregnant with dd so i would have felt blessed with her and if we only had her i would have been ok, we both wanted a second as want lo to have a sibling for lo and would just love another baby, i love being a mummy and when i was a child i always wanted to be a mummy. We will be done after this lo. I dont want to force dh to have another one and his reason for 2 are valid. I dont think he would say out and out no to another one but would be when get bigger house. Our house at moment both los will be able to have own room. I also get ill with hyperemesis when pregnant so it does take an awful lot out of me and put stress on us as a family. I feel very lucky to have my dd and lo on way, if i had a third we would be happy but i dont think its neccesary to my happiness

I thought I was done but now I'm not so sure. I suppose if I have any doubt at all then I'm not finished- at this stage anyway

I always said DS2 would be my last. I have 3 children and that would be enough.

But I definitely want another. Not for the next 2 years or so as ideally I want to get married first (if OH ever actually proposes!) but this would mean moving house etc so I'm torn but sad at the thought I'll never have a newborn again

I feel almost done. If that makes sense. I know that if we manage to have number 2 I'll feel our family is complete. I definitely do not want more than 2 children though.

I asked this exact question on here a few weeks ago as I have a friend who is 27 and gas 2 kids aged 5 and 7 and she says she's done and just knows she is and I wanted to know if the feeling of wanting another baby would go after a certain number. DS is 3 months and we are Ntnp for the next but oh is 35 and understandably wants the kids while he's young

I can totally relate to what you're saying MarineWAG. I had always imagined having two kids and absolutely no more (and even wondered about a second one with DD1 being a very challenging baby and toddler), but as DD2 is getting bigger and growing out of things I'm feeling very nostalgic about it all and sad about the thought of never having a newborn or giving birth again.

My practical head still says no more as I had hyperemesis in both pregnancies (got hospitalised twice last time), we'd need a bigger car, it would make traveling more difficult and expensive (I'm from Europe, so a 24h flight from my mum and friends), DH and I would be outnumbered, I'm already struggling with two and apparently my babies (or toddlers) aren't good sleepers, and I'm already 35 so wouldn't be able to wait too many years, etc. So although I can't imagine having another one, I'm also not ruling it out completely should I change my mind a couple of years down the line.

My LO is 7 months, and I haven't had a single "I want another" thought. Not even when presented with a newborn, when everyone makes the typical "doesn't it it just make you want another?" comments.

I can coo and marvel at how cute younger babies are, and even enjoy holding one for a few minutes, but it definitely doesn't give me baby fever.

I feel SO done, but when I think of 20 years down the line I'd really really love a big family, mainly because I hardly have any family at all. That's the only reason I'd want more. But the thought of going back to pregnancy and the baby stage again makes me want to cry, literally makes me feel a bit ill tbh. I'm not mentally able to cope, I struggled enough with twins as it is. And the thought of having twins again... But then I don't want to regret not having more later down the line...

I feel SO done, but when I think of 20 years down the line I'd really really love a big family, mainly because I hardly have any family at all. That's the only reason I'd want more. But the thought of going back to pregnancy and the baby stage again makes me want to cry, literally makes me feel a bit ill tbh. I'm not mentally able to cope, I struggled enough with twins as it is. And the thought of having twins again... But then I don't want to regret not having more later down the line...

Very different for you because you have twins but this is exactly how I feel - I love the *idea* of a big family but in reality the thought makes me want to puke. I am so so so done with the baby years. If I got pregnant now I think I'd cry for about a month straight!

Very different for you because you have twins but this is exactly how I feel - I love the *idea* of a big family but in reality the thought makes me want to puke. I am so so so done with the baby years. If I got pregnant now I think I'd cry for about a month straight!

Glad I'm not the only one, was honestly starting to think it was just me and there was something very wrong with my mental state!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->