How do you let someone down gently?!

Just tell him you're so glad he contacted you because you've not stopped thinking about him since your date, you're in love with him and you've hand drawn him a picture of what your future kids will look like (giving them names will also help). Then he can turn you down!

LMAO emma i love you...but im not sure that will make the potential awkward running into each other thing any less awkward...

Ha true!

Ahh please don't ignore him though poor guy! Just say you're not ready for anything serious, always say you're not ready.

I would just say that you had a really lovely date with him but you've realised that you are just not ready to start dating again atm.

Unless he's like the bloke Boomerslady met, he'll hopefully realise that you're just not that into him (or his clothes!!).

My mother is a PRO dater. She knew what she wanted and she was so ruthless that she walked out several dates after 5 minutes telling the poor man he wasn't for her and they could continue the date and have a nice chat or they could just leave it. But she always stuck to the 'I had a great time, but I just don't feel any chemistry with you'. Who can argue with chemistry?

I'd keep it dead light, "Hiya hun, I don't think this is gonna work, really busy right now. Had a nice time tho xx"

I'm an ignorer too though :haha:
I once sent this sorta message to a guy after two weeks of ignoring him (two weeks of him ringing, texting and facebooking me constantly and me hoping he'd take the hint) - about a week after I messaged him he tracked me down on POF and sent a snotty message like "so this is you being too busy to date" or something. Meff :dohh:

I don't really like the idea of ignoring, it's not nice IMO. I'd just say you're busy and not ready for anything serious but will call him sometime and leave at that maybe x

I think you need to be firm so you get your point across and still doesn't think there's a chance but also friendly so as not to offend :lol: I'd say something like 'Hey, I had a really lovely time on our dates but I really don't think I'm ready to take it any further, was lovely to meet you though' :shrug: lol

Hah! My first thought was 'I wonder if I know him!?' I'm from NZ :haha:

But I'm also not keen on ignoring (though I've done my fair share in the past and it never worked out well) so I'd just text him and keep it really simple, ''Hey, was good to meet you but I'm not keen on another date''. Just send it, it's not mean and it won't be that awkward if you bump into him. Imo, ignoring is brutal

Tell him you're pregnant:haha:

What everyone else has said should do the trick, a nice 'I had a really nice time and it was great to meet you, but I just don't think I'm ready to start dating again yet'

Personally, if he was nice and you guys got on, I'd tell him I had a lovely time and I'd be interested in seeing him again as a friend. That I didn't feel we had enough chemistry to date, but I wouldn't mind seeing him again. You never know, he might not just be after one thing and you might have gained a friend (I'm so naive! :haha: )

I really agree with those saying it would be disrespectful to ignore him. The poor guy put himself out there and you said you had a nice time... You can't just treat him like he ceased to exist! He's a human being!

Yes, his feelings may be a bit hurt if you say the chemistry wasn't there for you, but he's a grown-up, he will deal. Think of it as a test of being a mature adult... For both of you.

I really agree with those saying it would be disrespectful to ignore him. The poor guy put himself out there and you said you had a nice time... You can't just treat him like he ceased to exist! He's a human being!

Yes, his feelings may be a bit hurt if you say the chemistry wasn't there for you, but he's a grown-up, he will deal. Think of it as a test of being a mature adult... For both of you.

I have already said I'm not going to ignore him I said it in the OP :shrug: Although personally I don't think its that terrible, if I went on one date and then the guy wasn't interested I would take the hint if I messaged him and I received no reply, eh I wouldn't cry over it or anything.

Send him a text saying "remind me which one you were again?" :rofl: :rofl:

My husband said just tell him that your boyfriend doesn't want you dating him anymore.

I have already said I'm not going to ignore him I said it in the OP :shrug: Although personally I don't think its that terrible, if I went on one date and then the guy wasn't interested I would take the hint if I messaged him and I received no reply, eh I wouldn't cry over it or anything.
It's not about how he'd take it, it's about what's the respectful way to treat another person. :shrug: And you said you were tempted to ignore him; when people say that they often mean that's what they're going to do unless they can come up with an easy solution.

It's not about how he'd take it, it's about what's the respectful way to treat another person. :shrug: And you said you were tempted to ignore him; when people say that they often mean that's what they're going to do unless they can come up with an easy solution.

I agree that ignoring him is not the best way to deal with it but come on worse things happen, it was one date I'm sure he will get over it :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->