How do you remove shellac at home?

mrs_park

Mummy to THREE BOYS!
Reaction score
I've done it before but for the life of me can't remember how :dohh:

Any tips?

Is shellac like gel nails? If so then I dip my nails in acetone nail varnish remover for 30 mins then file them off.

Mines always jus peeled off after a few days of having it on! It never worked for me!

Soak cotton wool in acetone nail polish remover and place on nails. Wrap tin foil around to secure them. Leave to soak for a while, 10-15 min. Remove cotton wool and foil and you should be able to remove with an orange stick. Bit of filing and buffing will help

Thanks ladies xx

I've had it on just over a week and it's looking awful. To be honest it stated chipping days after having it done. I thought it was meant to last three weeks :shrug:

I peeled mine off and really regretted it! It took off a load of the top layer of my nail with it and they have taken weeks to recover. If I do them again I'll be buying acetone from the pharmacist. Soak cotton wool in it and then soak your nails in it.

Thanks ladies xx

I've had it on just over a week and it's looking awful. To be honest it stated chipping days after having it done. I thought it was meant to last three weeks :shrug:

I've found its hit and miss depending on how good the salon is. One I went they chipped the same night, but the one I go now, I end up taking it off after 2.5 weeks and that's not cos they've chipped, it just looks daft cos of how much my nails have grown.

I peeled mine off and really regretted it! It took off a load of the top layer of my nail with it and they have taken weeks to recover. If I do them again I'll be buying acetone from the pharmacist. Soak cotton wool in it and then soak your nails in it.

Same happened to me.

My own long nails were ruined underneath and have taken over 6 weeks to grow again and are still splitting :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->