How do you...

A

AppleBlossom

Entertain a one year old on a 9.5 hour flight?

I was thinking of ways I can keep her amused on the way to Florida but she won't sit still for 2 minutes. Any suggestions what I can do/give her to do? She will be 13 months by then so hopefully she will be able to do a bit more

Take a few books you can read to her, some of her favourite toys, she will probably sleep some of the way. Will try and think of other things

i would imagine the plane noise will probably send her off to sleep for a while atleast :)

i would take some finger snacks like raisins etc.. maybe a pad of paper and a crayon ( supervised of course, dont want her decorating the plane) , a couple of new books my son loves ones with mirrors in. or an activity book ( u know with buttons and things) or a couple of new toys... i say new because they are likely to hold her interest for a bit longer than ones she is used to.... maybe a toy that involves putting things into slots ( you would hold the things and hand them to her one at a time of course, otherwise she will probably though them everywhere.) you could show her things out of the window ..tiny houses and clouds etc.. she will probably find interesting.

9 hours ??? oh dear, once you are off the ground she will probably find sleeping easy, but could be a long day for you.
best of luck

https://www.flyingwithkids.com/travel_tips.htm

This might help a bit! x

we are planning driving down to oxford this summer with Aaron who will be a year by then and stressing too, did 4 hours in the car last month and by the end had resorted to my jewellry to entertain him :dohh:

i say take all things sparkly and non toy like also your sky remote, hair straighteners, magazines and tissue boxes...all these things will keep mine busy for at least 16 mins at a time!

(disclaimer: all these things are not suitable baby toys :) )

Ooh, please let me know how you get on as I am going to Florida early-ish next year for my brother's wedding but thinking of going alone and leaving daddy home with the kids! She'll be one when I go but I am dreading the thought of the long flight, plus the hours before and after at the airport and also the time difference once your there.

Sorry, hope I haven't put you off at all but I would really love to know how it goes so that I can make a more informed decision as to attend the wedding alone or as a family...

Thanks and good luck!

p.s - how long you going for? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->