how does santa work at your place

skiwi

wife, mum, and pregnant
Reaction score
I love christmas, now that i have kids, have to have a tree, my lights, have a christmas train around the tree,(did not have it last year, abbie kept going after it) outside i like to keep it simply, NO big santa clause or snowman, just plain lights around the house.... Love to make christmas cookies, with the kids, and at christmas eve, milk and cookies for santa, we always read them the night before christmas book. we tell them the stockings are from santa, and the main presents are from us, and then they get loads from the family... Christmas morning, they open up the presents, in there Pj, wrapping paper everywhere..... (hope you don't think i am sad)........

i think i am going to put the tree up 2nd week in Dec, abbie kept attacking it last year, grabbing the christmas ornaments, so don't know what happens this year.....

aww sounds like you have an amazing day at your house. Now Seren is older we are going to introduce some traditions. We are all going to put the tree up and decorate it probably in the second week of Dec and going to do some christmas baking so Seren can make acookie toleave for santa. She has a santa sack I made her last year whch she will leave out along with a cookie and milk for santa (can't have him drink driving lol) and a carrot for the reindeer. On christmas eveme and OH watch nightmare before christmas so Seren can join in this year.

I don't think you're sad. I LOVE christmas, I love wrapping presents, decorating the tree, buying all the decorations, ornaments and making christmas cakes/mince pies. Bethanie's a bit young for it this year, but im already so excited about her opening her presents. I was going to say they were all from Santa, but I don't know if thats the best idea as you say only the ones n the stocking are from him? how many do you give from santa then? ;) (I know shes too young to know the difference, but preparing for the future you know ;))

sounds great skiwi :D

Our house is mad on xmas morning, i love it :)

The street we live on has a big party at teh end of November, there are dancing acts, food and drink stools, lucky dips, a disco etc and then santa comes in his sleigh and turns the lights on, then we put up the decorations on the 1st Dec to fit in with the street mood.

On xmas eve we leave carrots for the reindeer and a mince pie and milk for santa. We also get Jases mate to phone the kids and pretend to be santa saying he will be on his way soon so they have to go to bed and sleep lol works a treat! not sure how much longer we can get away with that tho, Charlie is 10 soon.

We leave stcking in there room so they have them first thing in the morning and the main pressies down stairs, they normaly get a chair full each.

They open them and paper goes everywhere just like your house lol, then they play while we sort dinner etc.

Its a real nice day, the kids can do waht ever they want and we sing and play games most of teh day, i love it :)

x

Aww Layla, can I come to your house for christmas :'( sounds lovely.

beanie, i never thought of giving the raindeers carrots, i wont forget this year

Layla I WANT TO LIVE ALSO ON YOUR STREET, CAN I GATE CRASH.........

Tilly, you can always do one of your main presents plus stocking from santa, and the rest from mommy and daddy, i got abbie, puzzels Personalised Adventure Book, craft stuff, chocolate money, toothnrush with her name on.. my son, shadow maker, dvds, craft stuff, book chocolate.....for there stockings.....got a few things from here...

https://www.gltc.co.uk/fcp/category...e&sortOrder=awc_dept_PartyPresents_sort_order

i will take some pics for you both of the party, it will be the last week of the month some time

x

Alright good idea, thanks skiwi. Don't show me that GLTC site! I found that the other day and have already found "Heart Chalet" for when she is 3 years old.. I will have no money with that site lol - na seriously, thanks for the link and ideas.

Alright good idea, thanks skiwi. Don't show me that GLTC site! I found that the other day and have already found "Heart Chalet" for when she is 3 years old.. I will have no money with that site lol - na seriously, thanks for the link and ideas.

babe https://www.24studio.co.uk/ss/index.jsp?source=RX5F&gclid=CMjHqJuB5Y8CFQxZHgodUWP5YA does a silmar shop u can personisle things its great i have treated my goddaughter of her and not to expences either

Well, Since I'm a stay at home mom I don't get things from work. Well, I get my loved one's so I guess I can say that I'm happy with that.....
It's the gift of giving, though we all love getting gifts..

I wasn't really a fan of X-mas due to I always got sick or my step dad would yell at me and pick on me making me mad & sad...
But, now I had a hubby and two kids that wont be happening anymore!>!

babe https://www.24studio.co.uk/ss/index.jsp?source=RX5F&gclid=CMjHqJuB5Y8CFQxZHgodUWP5YA does a silmar shop u can personisle things its great i have treated my goddaughter of her and not to expences either
Thanks, I like Studio ;)

i did 70% of my christmas shopping at studio.....

found this magic reindeer food

https://www.dltk-holidays.com/xmas/magic_reindeer_food.htm

yay :happydance:

they are putting up the street xmas lights, i love this time of year so much, cant wait for them to be turned on :D

x

wish they do that on our street, but think it will never happen as most of them don't get on............

its not just houses on the street tho, there are shops too so thats why they put xmas lights up

x

im gonna sound really pathetic now and say that santa will not be a part of our family christmas'. i dont think it will take any 'fun' out of christmas or anything i just think its wrong lying to children about santa. i will be buying rhys' christmas presents every year so why should some made-up fat guy get all the credit? i want rhys to know he gets presents out of love, not because he has been 'good'.

sorry if that sounds harsh...

Just because Seren gets presentsfrom santa doesn't mean they are not out of love. I never say to her santa will only bring pressies if she has been good. I don't think you are harsh not having santa, after all thats for youto decide but not everyone uses santa as a bribery tool

Terrie, it's your decision completely and I see where you're coming from, but thinking back to when I was little - I loved the thought of Santa, he seems so magical and it makes christmas that extra bit special. When I realised he wasn't real (I was quite young), I wasn't upset, as im sure the majority of kids aren't.

I have taken the advice of some others here - I am writing some smaller presents from Santa, and the bigger ones from us (I know Bethanie can't read the tags, but I had to do it lol).

terrie, everyone does things diff, i don't think you are harsh, but i am the same like beanie, i never say santa only brings you presents if you are good, and they do come out of love, just love everything about christmas even if he is a some made-up fat guy x

Mine dont think Santa buys the pressies, they know me and Jase do, plus other family members, they just get told that after we buy them, we send them to Santa for him to deliver.

Im a sucker for all things like this, Charlie and Ethan still belive in the tooth fairey lol Altho the easter bunny has gone out of the window, they know thats fake now.

Wont be long before they realise Santa isnt real, that will be a sad year, they will be all grown up :(

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->