How long did it take you to get pregnant?

Mabv812

Reaction score
My 3 y.o. wasn't planned and now that we are going to start trying to get pregnant with the second one I'm wondering how long it takes most couples. I want to start trying in January or February. :) I'm hoping for a November baby!

As you know from last time, it can happen straight away...

My first baby (6yrs ago) - had coil removed last day of Feb, positive test early April (1 period in between)

Ectopic pregnancy (accidental) failed contraceptive

This pregnancy first month.

I'm 36 and seem to still be as fertile... so yep, don't try unless you are ready for immediate pregnancy!

We had an accidental bfp in April (the first month of not being careful). It didn't stick but it prompted us to TTC. I got pregnant in Sept, so 5 cycles later but we were only able to try for 3 of those cycles. So it took us 3 months. I conceived my middle daughter from sex just one time so it can happen very easily.

I only every did NTNP, with DD I had a BFP after a month and with this LO it was about 5 months later. I was also extremely stressed and right off birth control, my periods just kinda did what they want so I didn't find out until week 7

11 months with no 1, 5 months with no 2. That was very actively trying with both, lots of dtd, taking various supplements, ttc aids etc. So yes it can happen quickly but it can also take a while

1st: 1st cycle.
2nd: 1st cycle.
3rd: 1st cycle, but took 8 months. Didn't ovulate for 8 months and had to take Progesterone to induce AF and ovulated on my own. Became pregnant right away.

About 20 minutes? Haha.

In all seriousness I have fallen pregnant when not trying 4 times now.

With DD it was first cycle after mc, this time it took 3 cycles.

1st cycle with my first but ttc#2 now, 2 months ntnp then 3 months trying properly and nothing yet. Just taking 2 cycles off from trying as didn't want July/August birthday. So hoping December I get my bfp!

Got my implant out mid/late march and had my BFP mid/late may. :)

#1 which resulted in MC- 2 months
#2 My DD#1- 2 months
#3 My DD#2- not trying
#4 which resulted in MC- not trying
#5 My current pregnancy- immediately after miscarriage with no cycle in between

Anything up to a year is considered "normal" and not cause for concern. My advice? Relax and have fun with your partner before you dive into all the temping and OPK stuff. It adds an amount of stress that isnt necessary right away. I just always BDed every other day and kept my legs elevated for about twenty minutes after to make sure gravity did it's part. :haha:

It took one attempt with this baby! We went on hoilday at the beginning of this month so we're going to wait until we got back to ttc but one time 4 days before I was due to ovulate we :sex: and forgot a condom and then on hoilday I got a :bfp: I had only just stopped taking the pill in sept and only had one natural period!

We were shocked! It took us 4 months of proper trying to get pregnant with my son.

Soo statistics wise it takes 80% of normal healthy couples 6 months to conceive, 90% in a year and 95% in two years. So it can take time and be completely normal and I think it's better to be prepared for that than believe it's going to happen straight away, but yes don't start trying till you're ready :)

Our first, about 4 cycles of ntnp.
This bean took 8 months, probably about 6 well timed cycles.
The cycle we conceived I ov'd the day after our anniversary so in my mind making it special helps :haha:

Good luck!

dd1- 2 and a half years
dd2 - 3 months
ds - 4 months
for this one, we have being trying since June 2014, it's in my siggy.

Good luck xx

3rd cycle, but sadly ended in MMC.

This one, 4th cycle after the ERPC. Looking back, that was no time at all but it felt like forever after losing the first one. I was very stressed and not coping very well so I'm surprised it happened at all.

Like the other ladies say, try to relax and enjoy it - I wish I could have done that. Good luck! x

4 months the first time ended in chemical and 1.5 months after I'm now right around 6 wks.

DS: the first month after coming off the pill.

This baby: within 6 weeks of having the implant being removed.

I'm not sure about the MCs as I wasn't planning. But yeah.. I fell pretty quickly.

Every one of my babies were oopsies :haha: :haha:

But to be fair, we tired for nearly 2 years with my second then gave up. Then.... Oopsie!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->