How long did it take you to get pregnant?

I got pregnant on our first try 4 times. Two of those were early miscarriages, one is my daughter, and one is the bean I am cooking now. I think my OH is upset at how quickly I get pregnant because he is hoping for at least a few months of constant BDing, haha.

It took my sister over a year to conceive her first, they went through fertility testing and there was nothing wrong with either of them. Her second and third were conceived much quicker.

#1 - first cycle, from one BD
#2 - 12th cycle, but it took 14 months
#3 - first cycle, again from one BD!

Trying for number two was soooo hard and all consuming, it was so easy to conceive our first, then I was apparently hit with secondary infertility, but now I've apparently conceived very eaily again, strange!

1st DD - 7 months NTNP

This pregnancy - 10 months NTNP/TTC. Although - I have PCOS, only ovulated once whilst TTC#2 and bam!

#1: it took 6 cycles (6 months) over the course of 8 months if that makes sense. I would try for like a month then stop then try again 2 months in a row then stop so the whole time was off and on like this. The month I actually did get pregnant I had completely given up and was genuinely shocked when I got a bfp.

#2: it took 4 cycles (4months).

My first took 18 months!!! My second was a surprise baby, conceived during my first postpartum cycle (my baby was 8 months old, condom broke). My third was another second cycle surprise (my second baby was 2 months old, and I was on the pill). My fourth took 3 months of trying (my third baby had just turned 1). My current was a surprise after trying through 2 irregular cycles and deciding to wait another 6 months (my baby was 7 months old). I think it's much easier to catch when you aren't trying but aren't preventing.

My first son took only one cycle. This time it took three cycles.

First baby: three months
Second baby: one month
Third baby: defied the laws of the universe and conceived after one very minor oopsy and barely bd'ing for several months!

I definitely think it is common to become more fertile after your first.

My first was an oopsie and possibly about 2.5/3 months in to the relationship.

This one took 3 months but only 1 cycle. I got my coil removed in June and didn't have a period until mid-August. Got my bfp in September.

DS took 4 months -
Current pregnancy 4 months again but had an early loss and fell pregnant next cycle, all going well at nearly 11 weeks.

It's fun to talk about and find out other women's experiences but it really is like asking how long a piece of string is. There really is no way of predicting and even if all the stars align there is only a 20% chance of conceiving every month.

All the best, I hope it happens when you want it to :)

Hours for DD1. As I think we hit it the first time! Pretty sure we conceived on our wedding night (we were uising protection before that and the dates align). It took 2 years of casual trying, 2 years of calculated trying, 1 year of Clomid, another 1 year of NTNP, and another year of NTNP but mostly giving up before we got pregnant with our baby girl

It took 3 years for us to conceive DS1. This time around I've caught straight away. Had my implant out 7 weeks ago and I found out I'm pregnant last week!

My first took 18 months!!! My second was a surprise baby, conceived during my first postpartum cycle (my baby was 8 months old, condom broke). My third was another second cycle surprise (my second baby was 2 months old, and I was on the pill). My fourth took 3 months of trying (my third baby had just turned 1). My current was a surprise after trying through 2 irregular cycles and deciding to wait another 6 months (my baby was 7 months old). I think it's much easier to catch when you aren't trying but aren't preventing.

I definitely wasn't trying with this fifth baby of mine! I had been having irregular cycles between 53 and 44 days since feb.... and got pregnant in may! It was such a surprise since husband and I only did the deed that one time that month....

My first was 2 months.

This one took 20 months! I thought it'd be immediate but couldn't have been more wrong, I was on the verge of giving up.

My first i wasn't trying so it just happened, my second i was trying and conceived her second cycle, my third was a surprise a month before my ex got a vasectomy and this one we weren't trying at all but we weren't really doing anything ti stop it from the beginning either and ended up conceiving 6 months after being together :) and we are expecting our little girl in april :)

#1 - 2 cycles (ended in m/c)
#2 - 4 cycles (felt like forever after already having m/c)
#3 - first cycle, only BDed one time.

Well I get pregnant fairly quickly, it was just a matter of my cervix not wanting to keep 'em (IC). The first we got pregnant the first month trying, the second was the same, the third was 2 months of trying and this pregnancy it was 10 months after my last MC in Dec'15, but we didn't actually start trying until July/August so about 2-3 months

I thought it would never happen, but it took 7 cycles! Felt like forever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->