How long did it take you to get pregnant?

I'm 39 years old. I've been pregnant 5 times since I've been 32 years old...the first was an "oopsie" (and I was on BC pills), and it ended at 11 weeks in a missed miscarriage, the second was an early miscarriage (on my first cycle of Clomid) in February of 2012, the third pregnancy occurred on my 4th Clomid cycle, and resulted in my daughter (who is now 4 years old), and my son was conceived naturally when my daughter was only 8 months old...we weren't really "trying", but we were beginning the testing to begin trying to conceive, and I fell pregnant the cycle before I went back on the Clomid. My son arrived the following August, in 2014. My husband felt our family was complete, but I did not, and yearned for a third baby. I finally accepted that it just wasn't a great idea, and I got rid of all of our baby stuff this past January. Well, lo' and behold, I became pregnant in February...we had sex once that entire cycle, and it was 4 days out from ovulation. This is rather miraculous at my age! :rofl: So, I'm nearly 21 weeks along with baby #3, and this is our final baby. I'll be getting a tubal done during my planned c-section.

dd took 18 months of trying
currently been ttc number 2 for 20months and im only 25 :(

1.5 years for DS- did IVF in the end

One month DS2- a frozen cycle from IVF

My son was an oopsie. Like a huge one. I RELGIOUSLY taking bc.
This one was a pain in the ass, we tried for over a year. Ovulation tracking, hundreds of dollars spent on ovulation tests and pregnancy tests.
The week before we were supposed to start on clomid I got my BFP.
We are not expecting little boy #2 for Christmas !!

9 months of both actively trying and NTNP. We ended up conceiving the last month of NTNP.

Almost 9 years for DS and about 7 months for baby #2! We were told that the probability of conceiving naturally are very very low. Baby #2 was conceived 2 weeks before I was supposed to start Clomid.

2 months, 1 month, 2 months, and an "oopsie" (conceived 6 days before ovulation)

DD - 5 years (PCOS so conceived with Clomid)
This LO - an oopsie. We weren't meant to start trying for another year. Over the moon though ��

DS1 was within the month of changing BC. They never told me I needed a back up and never realized I needed too. 22 and naive.
DS2 we tried for 6 months. Gave up and fell pregnant the week the week I went back on BC. Go figure. :dohh:
DS3 not too sure if it was failed or missed BC. I was doing stressful hours and back to back shifts at work over Christmas that either option is possible.
#4 I came off BC mid March this year and was pregnant by the end of the first week in April. While we were trying, it came as a major shock because I wasn't expecting it. 4 trips to the loo in 2 hours should have been the giveaway but it was random, out of the blue dental pain that same afternoon that had me wondering. :haha:

18 months the first time, 1 month the second time!

A little over 3 years, many fertility tests, 2 mc's and countless cycles of clomid and femara, finally did one round of IVF where we got no embryos before moving onto IVF with ICSI and there is little boy currently moving around like crazy in there and is due in 11 weeks (although I'll be induced earlier most likely) =)

First was a complete surprise due to failed birth control! Second took us 9 months x

Dd1 and ds 2 were surprises I was one the pill. Ds3 first try and this pregnancy was 7 months with 2 miscarriages

13 months, with 1 round of IVF with ICSI to conceive our first.
Trying to conceive number 2 consisted of 3 months naturally trying with no success. Followed by an FET which resulted in an early MC. Fell pregnant naturally straight after but it was a chemical pregnancy. Next FET ended with a MMC and getting a D&C. Fell pregnant naturally (again) straight after (well, as in once I ovulated post D&C), and am expecting this miracle in Jan 2018. All up it took about 5 months, or 8 months if you're including the 3 months of trying naturally (but we didn't actually expect anything to come of that).

With this pregnancy I stopped taking birth control at the beginning of January and got my :bfp: in the beginning of May.

BB1: 4 months in all. 3 months all on our own, 4th month with pre-seed, temping and using SMEP.

BB2: Just got off birth control, wasn't really trying yet but got pregnant anyway lol Only dtd 2 times that cycle too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->