how long does it normally take to see a midwife?

MrsQ

Mummy to Mikey and bump
Reaction score
I got my referral done at drs on Thursday and he really was crap!
I have so many questions.... one being due date.

How long does it normally take?
x

i saw my gp as soon as i knew i was pregnant , bout 4wk , he referred me to mw at 10wk i saw her ....... if u dont know ur due date ur gp might refer u for a dating scan xx

I got my referral done at drs on Thursday and he really was crap!
I have so many questions.... one being due date.

How long does it normally take?
x
How long? About 9 months usually :rofl:

Oh, you mean how long to a midwife appointment :D That really seems to depend on your local PCT. Some people get seen at 6-8 weeks, others (me) don't have a first appointment until 14 weeks (but I did get a scan at 12 weeks).

There are plenty of due date calculators on the net, based around LMP date.

Hiya.
Yea my dr was crap and just alughed when i said my LMp was 26th march, said it was too early for a positive (even tho i had 9 positives) and then told me not to eat cheese and off on my way!

I am so scared!

I had my 1st appointment with doc at 6w4d and my 1st midwife appt will be at 8.5w. I had calculated my due date (based on LMP) on my own, but the doc app't didn't count it the same and they calculated me as 4 days less! I guess you can't just count straight weeks. Also, what do you mean don't eat cheese? My doc mentioned smoking/drinking (ofcourse) and raw fish but no cheese!

the only cheese are soft like brie, stilton and camembert and chevre as they can contain listeria! but u can eat other cheese!!! I had my midwife at 11 weeks so it varies and i am in surrey like u. WHich hosp u going under as the form for scan only went off on thurs and sat i had letter for dating scan. They will work out date on LMP but will have to wait until dating scan, looks like ur date based on dates will be 28th jan? good luck x

hell think i confuddled your due date!!!! U said u got BFP April 21st so i worked it on that sorry there are loads of calculators on web.

doc confirmed at 6 weeks, told me book in with MW anytime after 8weeks.

Hiya.
Yea my dr was crap and just alughed when i said my LMp was 26th march, said it was too early for a positive (even tho i had 9 positives) and then told me not to eat cheese and off on my way!

I am so scared!
Don't be scared, please. It's all gonna be wonderful :D (well, fingers crossed for you)

As for not eating cheese ... my GP didn't give me any information about what (not) to eat! So I've been having my normal diet, which includes nuts & cured meat ... but I have avoided pate, soft cheese and alcohol, so I'm a good girl really :rofl:

Hiya. I have worked out my due date as 31st december :)
Just feel so alone with all this and feel like a div going back to drs to ask what i do next?

I am being referred to Epsom hospital Gem 550 what about you?
x

I went to see my GP when i was around 6 weeks and he did nothing but fill in a little form with my tel number on and said MW would contact me between 8-10weeks to arrange a booking in apt,seems so long to wait when woman have so many questions about early pregnanyc and they say its the most 'important' time, so you would think you would have somebody you could talk to from day 1 really,for instance when girls have bleeding before 12weeks it sheer panic,yo have no tel numbers to ring so end up in A+E who kind of brush it off,think the government needs a rethink really!or the docs should give more info when u go for 1st apt.
https://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev344pr___.png

I went to see my GP when i was around 6 weeks and he did nothing but fill in a little form with my tel number on and said MW would contact me between 8-10weeks to arrange a booking in apt,seems so long to wait when woman have so many questions about early pregnancy and they say its the most 'important' time, so you would think you would have somebody you could talk to from day 1 really,for instance when girls have bleeding before 12weeks it sheer panic,yo have no tel numbers to ring so end up in A+E who kind of brush it off,think the government needs a rethink really! or the docs should give more info when u go for 1st apt.

Here here. This really is my biggest complaint to date - the GP took the details and then I heard nothing for 3 weeks, followed by a letter with a midwife appt (45 mins long) scheduled for 4 weeks later on.

Everything I've learnt so far has been from various pregnancy forums (including this one), websites, and books. My bean is being raised in the modern way, using tinternet as the main resource.

Mrsq2b, if you have questions - regardless how daft / stupid / silly you think they are - please ask them on here and we'll do our best to reassure you and help you.

thanks guys it is mad isnt it how you just dotn get the help!
x

Its crap, they dont really want to know till after 12 weeks...when the first 12 weeks are often the most important (and worrying) bit!!

z

Hiya. I have worked out my due date as 31st december :)
Just feel so alone with all this and feel like a div going back to drs to ask what i do next?

I am being referred to Epsom hospital Gem 550 what about you?
x

I am going to Royal Surrey-congrsts hun a possible new year baby what a great way to see in 2010!!

Try not to worry, I know it's hard....

I got a "pregnancy bible" from amazon, thought it was a good investment in £15. It was written by a UK doctor and seems pretty good.

To be honest though, it didn't really say anything that I didn't know from reading on here.

Looking at the amount of stuff my SIL showed me/passed onto me yesterday I think you'll soon have so many info booklets that you won't have time to read them all!

Any questions, I'm sure we'll all be happy to help x

thanks guys.

Seems such a long time to wait tho and such a scarey time too!
x

Mrs2be... your doc sounds awfull.
Im going to mine this aft and firt day of my last period was 25th march and I got 2 positives.. quite faint but still positives!!

I just called my surgery and they said I don't have to see a gp before the midwife and just booked me an appointment with the midwife for 2 weeks time when I will be 8 weeks! they said to come in before that date to collect my maternity book which has sections in it that they like you to fill out before your appointment.

I just called my surgery and they said I don't have to see a gp before the midwife and just booked me an appointment with the midwife for 2 weeks time when I will be 8 weeks! they said to come in before that date to collect my maternity book which has sections in it that they like you to fill out before your appointment.

WOW that sounds cool!
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->