How long were you engaged/ did it take you to plan your wedding?

Angelbabymama

Mama to Kashi & #2 on way
Reaction score
My OH (now DF) proposed to me on friday and I'm just curious about the average length of peoples engagements and how long it took to plan your wedding.
Hope you're all well! Xx

Congratulations.

We were engaged for just over 3 years. I but we planned a long engagement. We were both students at the time and not living together.

Big congrats :hugs:

We got engaged in the November and married the next April x

We were only engaged for 6 months we planned it in just 6 months as we're both pretty impatient and neither of us wanted to wait any longer then that.

Congratulations!

We've been engaged for a year and I'm just starting to plan our wedding.
The date we set would be in 4 years.

:)

Congrats. :)

We've been engaged for a year and won't be getting married until November of next year. Haven't started planning yet.. :blush: just know the date and location.

We got engaged April 14th 2009 and were married on June 23rd 2009. We didn't want to wait as we had to sort out my settlement visa (he is Scottish I am American) so we could live in the same country.

Congratulations! :D
We got engaged in March 2010 and got married in October 2011. We were originally going to get married in 2012 but brought it forward as we worked out we could save up for it in time.
Hope you have fun wedding planning! :D

We'd been together 4 years and living together for 1 year when we got engaged. Got engaged in the august and planned the wedding for the following april. So just 8 months and got married on my 30th birthday... was fab!

Congratulations! xx

We have been together for nearly four years, engaged for two. We had our wedding booked and planned for this past August, but I found out I was pregnant and due a couple of days before the wedding was meant to be, so obviously it had to be cancelled! We have now re-scheduled for August next year, and there will be no more babies before this!! :haha:

Congrats! Exciting :)

DH and I were engaged for over 2 years - Im probably at the longer end of the spectrum. It gaves us time to really decide what we wanted, as I had never really thought of it before that!

Average of my other friends and family is probably ~1 year engaged and hardcore planning over the last 6 months of that year. :flower:

Congrats!! We got engaged in Feb 2010 and got married in April 2011. I had most things organised well in advance, I could have organised it in a lot less time, except for having to book venues/band etc so far in advance!

Congratulations!!

We got engaged in June 2010, booked the wedding in September 2010 and got married in October 2010. It was 19 days between booking it and getting married, sounds like a short amount of time but it can easily be done.

We were engaged for about 8 months then booked & planned the wedding in 6 weeks. I can't understand how people spend 2 years actively planning a wedding!

Thank you all! I'm on cloud 9 :cloud9:
We're looking at being engaged for about three years I think.... Too long imho. :haha: I'm sooo eager to start planning, it's unreal!!! x

I loved wedding planning! Enjoy :)

We had got engaged in August and got married almost exactly two years later

Engaged Jan07 and married Oct09.

I've a cheek for leaving it so long seeing as a wedding planner in Cyprus sorted it all!

Congratulations!!

I'm not engaged but it's because me and OH both believe in not getting engaged unless we plan the wedding straight away and we haven't been able to afford to. However we're about right now so hopefully it won't be wrong and I intend to be married within a year of getting engaged. But that's just us. My sister was engaged for 18 months before they got married xx

ETA: Although to be fair I don't want a big fancy wedding at all xx

Congratulations!

We got engaged in August 2006 and married February 2007 - so 6 months. I think we planned it in around 4 months.

Proposal was 13th December 2006. I started planning in January 2007 and we got married 31st May 2008 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->