How long were you engaged/ did it take you to plan your wedding?

Congrats! Not engaged yet hopefully soon and likely will be long engagement since we'd like our own property in the country to have it take place on and have to save up for that.x

Aw this thread has got me so jealous! :haha: I've been with OH coming up 7 years and not a sniff of a ring yet :( if/when he does I'd like to think we would be married the year after I'm not too fussed about a really extravagant wedding but i do want a hugeee party for family and friends!! Oh and congratulations :)

Xxx

Got engaged August 2010 then got married July 2011 just shy of a year
:)

Engaged like a month! lol My mom put the whole wedding together, I couldnt be bothered :rofl:
January is our 4th wedding anniversary :)

Congratulations! My husband and I dated for 9 months when he proposed. Then we were married 11 months later. We basically started planning the wedding as soon as he proposed. It was a small affair...only about 75 people, but it did take that long to plan for us.

Aw this thread has got me so jealous! :haha: I've been with OH coming up 7 years and not a sniff of a ring yet :( if/when he does I'd like to think we would be married the year after I'm not too fussed about a really extravagant wedding but i do want a hugeee party for family and friends!! Oh and congratulations :)

Xxx

I do feel your pain. It took OH 6 years almost to the day to propose... I never thought it was going to happen (especially after we went to Paris and up the Eiffel Tower and I still went home without a ring on my finger!!)

I had been on at my OH about getting married. he always said no. I had 4 kids when we met and he always said if I didn't love you or the kids why would I put a roof over your heads. Its only a piece of paper. etc etc. but after being together 7 years and expecting our 1st baby he proposed!!!!! It was such a shock I had no idea it was coming. Christmas morning, all of us opening pressies and a ring with a note fell out a purse he bought me!! So that was Christmas 2011. Baby was due early Feb. I wanted to get married before the baby as with a baby we would never get round to it! So we got married Jan 30th 2012 our anniversary of meeting was 1st Feb and our baby was born on the 2nd! It was fab. we didn't have to take out a second mortgage we had our close family and friends.it was amazing. we did say we would renew our vows in a few years. have the dress the bridesmaids the reception etc but we're not going to. going to take the kids somewhere nice for a few weeks instead :)

We were engaged for 19 weeks exactly before we got married. :thumbup:

We've been engaged since January 2009 no plans to even think about a wedding yet :haha: congrats x

I've been engaged 3 years and we've yet to make any plans, I keep getting pregnant and I don't want a maternity wedding dress!

We were engaged in febuary married 2months later. Was my perfect wedding as far as im concerned its not about the wedding being huge and expensive and waaiting years and years to achieve the wedding like that for me it was all about i cudnt wait to be married and our life after the wedding was the most important it was perfect close family and friends and i had my dream dress xx

We met in April2010, engaged July 2010 and married December 31 2010. I started planning in October, graduated from Grad school Dec17 then was married 2weeks later. Good luck and Congrats!!

we got together in the July 2007 got engaged in the March 2008 and married in the September 2008 :)

we didnt wait very long :p been married for 4 years and still like big kids and madly in love with each other :) xxx

Thank you so much everyone! It's so lovely to hear all of your stories <3

We got engaged February 2011 and married four months later in June. We had a really small wedding at a winery, I kept everything really simple. We only had 50 guests. Such a special day :).

Congrats on your engagement :)

Got together at the end of high school (April 2007). We got engaged September 13th 2009 (my birthday) and we were going to get married this year but we lost our house and found out I was pregnant :haha:

Hoping for next year though x

We were engaged for 21 months then just decided to elope.:haha: :blush:

My OH drew me an engagement ring... I supposed that counts still, right? Distance and money being a couple of factors. I've picked out the wedding date since it'll be a few years from now.

we got engaged in April 2 years ago.

we've planned nothing, we never talk about it, I don't even wear the ring he gave me.

so tbh, I'd say we're not engaged anymore. we will probably never get married :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->