how long were you engaged?

Got engaged in sept, and marrying this August-so 11 months for us :)

No two couples are the same though-someone else in our family has been together 15 years and he recently proposed!

Everyone's different.
Xx

We got engaged a year to the day we met, and married 4 months later. We'll have been married 5 years in August.

Ours was a bit of a whirlwind really. Engaged within six weeks, married less than a year later (plus a baby in that time too). We've been married nine years in August x

We got together in 2004 just after my 17th birthday.
Got engaged on 4 July 2008 (un-independence day for us lol)
Moved in together 27th July 2008
Got married 2 October 2010
Sounds like ages when you write it down but it really doesn't seem that long! Still lots of things to do! X

We met August 2011, engaged Christmas Day 2012, had a baby March 2013, getting married 7th Feb 2014 :) we always wanted a shor engagement though xx

We were only engaged a year before we got married.

We aren't religious either but the marriage is important to us for our own reasons. I wouldn't let anyone make you think you have to get married, other than to each other it doesn't make that much of a difference.

Engaged for 18 months :)

Together nearly six years overall now, second wedding anniversary in a few months.

Over 3 years.

We met at 16. Started dating a few days after my 18th birthday. He proposed when we were 19. But we wanted to graduate university before getting married. He was doing a masters degree so that took 4 years. (Mine took 3) We got married a few days after my 23rd birthday. On our 5th anniversary.

We celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary/10th anniversay together earlier this year.

By the time we get married we will have been together nearly 8 years and engaged for nearly two.

Got engaged in November, no plans as yet of when to get married, I still don't even have a bloody engagement ring!

We were engaged for around 6 months. Personally, I wouldn't have a very long engagement because to me being engaged doesn't mean much other than "now we'll plan the wedding". I'm a sort of 'do it now if you mean it' kind of person though so unless there was a reason we had to delay, like unexpected financial stuff, I wouldn't have. We didn't have a massive wedding so it didn't take long to plan, but if we had wanted something big I think I'd have waited around a year but no more.

We were engaged 20 months. I would've preferred a slightly shorter engagement but I was still studying when we got engaged and I didn't want the wedding to be 2 months after my finals :haha:

We met in August of 2006, started dating in April 2007, in May 2007 I was accepted into a Ph.D. program in a different state and asked him to move with me, moved in together in August 2007, got engaged on 12/12/10, got married (eloped on a beach in Hawaii) on 5/17/11. We are currently on our 5th cycle of trying to conceive our first child.

Got engaged on our 1st anniversary and married on our second.

whilst we are not religious or traditionlist (far from it in fact) i did like a day to celebrate us (and to wear a pretty dress) we only had 30 ppl (mostly mates) and it was more a weekend piss up having a good time.

the only thing i have always said is i would like me OH and kids to have the same name...no real reason i just like us being the 'Brin...'s

We had been together around 3.5 years when OH proposed and got married six months later.

I wouldn't worry about what other people think though, plenty of people have different surnames from their kids for different reasons. there is nothing wrong with it and it's nobody else's business. Only get married if you and your OH both want to - not for the sake of other people's opinions.

Met 12/18/09
Got engaged 12/18/11
Got married 12/15/12
I love December!!

Together: Feb 2008
Moved in: March 2008
DS1: Dec 2008
Engaged: August 2009 (I think)
Married: March 2010
DS2: May 2011

We were engaged less than a yr before we married but we were together 6 years before that and were living together

8 months. we wanted a spring wedding and it took that long to organise it at the venue we wanted

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->