How long?

Helen

ICSI Twins + miracle BFP
Reaction score
After you gave up breastfeeding how long were your boobs like boulders for?

I gave up on Friday morning and I'm still bursting at the seams. Can anyone give me an idea of when I'll go from Dolly Parton to spaniels ears? :rofl:

Ta

After you gave up breastfeeding how long were your boobs like boulders for?

I gave up on Friday morning and I'm still bursting at the seams. Can anyone give me an idea of when I'll go from Dolly Parton to spaniels ears? :rofl:

Ta

I never really quit my babies cold turkey so I can't help you there.

However, I had to laugh at your Dolly Parton to spaniel ears comment. That was funny! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Helen well done for getting them both to accept the bottle - what did it in the end?

I continued to express a little bit from each side for a few days to prevent getting a blocked duct etc

im not suprised they are like boulders feeding two...mine went huge for about 2 days then i took the easy .option and bought cest tablets from the chemist..it made a big difference and 24 hrs after i started taking em my boobs well kinda didnt go back to normal but they never do..but they didnt have much milk

good luck to regainin spaniel ears...i really like that 1...

tanya

Helen well done for getting them both to accept the bottle - what did it in the end?

I haven't been able to get Tom to drink formula he still totally refuses it. I developed blood blisters on both nipples (and not for the first time). When I've had it before I've fed through it on the advice of the HV and NHS Direct but Tom was just bringing back blood after feeds the last couple of days I fed him. I spoke to the HV and finally they agreed to me stopping even though he won't take formula.

They have plenty of milky stuff to eat - cheesy sauces, rice pud, yoghurts, cereals, etc. and Tom has some vitamin drops to supplement his lack of formula. At his early feed we've been giving him a weetabix in formula which he eats no problem. I managed to get 5oz of formula to soak into one today and think I could get 6oz. Plus I think I may give him some formula porridge at night time to help him settle so he won't be too far behind.

Amazingly he seems pretty happy. His water drinking has shot up since I stopped feeding him which has allayed another fear that he might just get totally dehydrated. I thought he'd be frantic by now but he's ok. He only gets upset when someone brings a bottle of formula near him!

I just hope I can get over the feeling of guilt that I have :blush:

I think you did very well Helen

Well done you :D Esspecially with 2 hungry babies :hugs:

Oh Helen you have nothing to feel guilty about! You've given them both the best start with breastfeeding and they're a good age now and you have TWO to look after!
Tom's way sounds great IMO, no bottles to wash and he's still getting all the nutrients from the food (sounds like he's a good eater?). At that age some babies aren't good eaters and so they are reliant on the breastmilk/formula for their calories and nutrients but Tom is the other way round and getting it all in food form. It's great he drinks lots of water as well.

Don't dwell on feeling guilty, think back and smile at all the lovely feeds you enjoyed together, it's just time to move on to a stage now, HUGS.

you should not feel guilty at all!!! you have breastfed two babies for 8 month which is a huge accomplishment!!!

you should not feel guilty at all!!! you have breastfed two babies for 8 month which is a huge accomplishment!!!

I agree 100%. You did great and you shouldn't feel guilty!

:hugs:

Just an update on this. I popped into Boots yesterday to see if I could get something over the counter to dry up the milk and the Pharmacist said no and that they weren't aware that there was anything to do that.

Slightly panicked, as I'm now on day 5 since giving up and they are still huge and sore, I booked in at the doctors today. Thankfully he was aware that there was something. He said there isn't a set amount of time for them to go down. He said it could take a week or even a month or two! :shock: He had to look the drugs up in a little book and the surgery are having to order them in for me, so I guess they're not very common.

Anyway, I should have them tomorrow and hopefully within 48 hours or worst case scenario 4 days it will all be over! Phew!

Underwire and lace here I come!!!!:happydance:

I had lovely huge box of lacy stuff for Christmas. :smug:

Interesting side effects on these tablets ranging from hypersexuality to extreme drowsiness via psychotic gambling. :shock: DH says I'll be mega horny but too tired to do anything about it! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->