• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How many cycles did it take you to get pregnant?

zinnia86

Reaction score
If you've already been pregnant, had no known issues, normal cycles, and had a lot of sex during your fertile times/tracked ovulation with a predictor, How many cycles did it take you to get pregnant?

Ive read the statistics but I am curious to hear from some individual people.. if you did everything "right" and had no known issues, did it still take you awhile?

1st child it took 3 years so 30+ cycles.

2nd it took 1 cycle :)

1st cycle both kids, but we were also charting for months before trying both times. SO It wasn't just a try and see what happens kind of thing.

All 4 pregnancies have been conceived during the first ovulation after deciding to TTC. I say "ovulation" as opposed to "cycle" as I've not really had cycles since I first got pregnant.

#1.... stopped pill, breakthrough bleed, conception.
#2.... First ovulation post partum which was delayed by breastfeeding until 12 months.
#3.....Had first pp AF at 15 months conceived next cycle which was the first cycle we tried. (MMC)
#4....ovulated 61 days after D&C and conceived.

So as long as I have sex during ovulation I get pregnant, but I don't ovulate all that often as breastfeeding effects my hormones.

I had my implant out and got pregnant about 5-6 weeks later.

My first took me by surprise and I think we got this one on the 4th cycle.
No known problems, but I was still breastfeeding on demand and my husband and I had both been unwell.
I was starting to get worried esp after the first 2 took me by surprise (I had a mc before my first baby)

With my first pregnancy it was the first cycle, it ended in a mmc and I became pregnant with ds 2 cycles later. With this LO it took 2 cycles too

4th cycle first time but apparently dh was only trying the last 2 cycles... Lol, 2nd cycle this time :)

Our first took several years and then IVF/ICSI after we found out that dh had an incredibly low count with awful morphology and motility. This time round and with our mc in march we weren't even trying!

I've been 35+ both pregnancies, not sure if that counts as a 'known issue'.

And to be honest I wouldn't say we had a LOT of sex, haha, but for us it was first cycle first time, and third cycle second time (when I was 11 months PP, and still breastfeeding).

We didn't chart but DTD every 2-3 days.
1st baby - 4 cycles
2nd pregnancy (ectopic) - 1 cycle
3rd pregnancy (current!) - 4 cycles

We're relatively young and in good health with no known issues. We tried without proper tracking for three months. Then we charted and temped for three more months, which ended in a early chemical loss. Then we charted and temped for four more months before getting our BFP. It was ten months altogether with perfect timing including days before, day of, and day after for at least seven of those months.

number 1 42 months
number 2 5 months
number 3 surprise sent from above

oh number 3 was the day after ovulation...I wasn't tracking but I'm pretty regular. I should have but we lost my dad around that time so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->