How many wks before EDD are you starting ML?

My mat leave started officially this week, until then I used up all my annual leave as I fortunately hadn't really used any previously so I finished before Christmas at 26 weeks. I will be taking the full year. If you are feeling tired and run down, I say bring it forward. Some women can work for longer than others and I think a lot depends on your daily commute, whether or not you have to use public transport, the hours you have to work and the degree of flexibility your employer offers you. I was signed off work for 2 weeks with a viral infection and exhaustion with total bed rest before my leave started and I was so glad I hadn't chosen to work up to mid Feb like I'd originally planned. In my case I couldn't face getting up at 6am anymore and stressing about how I would get home if my crappo tram wasn't running AGAIN! It is important you rest before the baby gets here as well. Do what feels best for you x

First pregnancy I worked until 39 weeks, this pregnancy my mat leave starts 1st March, am due 29th March (36 weeks) but I'm really struggling this time round balancing work, childcare, commuting etc I'm just sooo knackered I can't wait to leave now!! :)

I am taking mine at 32 weeks. Ready for it now. Being on my feet all day makes my groin ache a lot more. Plus having my 3 year old home I will be able to spend some time with just the 2 of us before baby arrives x

My Actualy Mat leave starts when im 38 weeks but i am adding 3 weeks of Annual leave on to the start so ill actually finish when im 35 weeks. I was sposed to be working a week longer but i changed my dates yesterday as im so fed up!! Im not planning on returning to this job as my parents have offered me a job with free childcare but im keeping my options open.

xxx

I'm on official ML as of today :happydance: I was supposed to be there for another week (37+1) but my SPD really kicked in these last 2 wks.

I'm supposed to be working until I'm 39 weeks but think I'm going to be struggling to get past 37 at this rate! I'm a teacher and shattered at the end of each day. Getting up is a nightmare!

I'ma teacher too and hoping to make it to 38 weeks! I managed it last time and then moved house as soon as I finished so it wasn't the most relaxing experience. I want to take more time off afterwards and also if I can manage to work to the end of term, then I can start my due date at the end of the Easter holidays which is when my due date is, that way I get paid right up to my due date. Relaxing at home doesn't really happen with my daughter to run round after either!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->