How much cash for a day in london?

Connah'sMommy

Reaction score
Im off to london with Connah,MIL and SIL for the day on the 26th :happydance:

Train tickets are paid for but i was wondering how much money to take for the day?

We will be going to Hyde park winter wonderland for the day and spending most of our time there,maybe going to hamleys too. I dont plan on doing much shopping...maybe getting Connah and Jack a bit of something but more than anything it will be eating etc...

How much should i take?:flower:

I went to Winter Wonderland last year it was amazing.. But its not that cheap.

They have stalls there and a few rides and stuff. If you want to ride the big wheel then you might need to book in advance and the same for the shows. Chloe and Jaycee loved it last year. I'd say have at least £150 with you, especially if your going to Hamley's :haha:

It cost us £25 for 3 burgers and 3 hotdogs when we got there and then we went for dinner in Winter Wonderland in the serpentine and that was another £60.

London is very expensive, especially winter wonderland and if your planning on eating etc. I can't suggest an amount but I do suggest more rather than less! x

Maybe sell your house and take what you get from that...

we went to london in july for 5 days and managed to get through 1300 :blush:

I spend £10 before we even got in history museum lol

I would say about £100 x

id say £100+ and thats without going mad in hamleys! x

I definately wont be going mad in Hamleys, they have al their xmas prezzies so its just a little bit of something really....MIL on the other hand will be the one who looks like the crazy toy lady :haha:xx

London doesn't have to be expensive if you don't want it to be,millions of people live here and I can assure you they don't spend £100 a day!
What station do you arrive at? If you are just staying for 1 day I'd just get a day travel card ticket rather than use an oyster card,the ticket is maybe 40p more? But with an oyster card you have to put a deposit of £5 on now and then top it up,not worth the hassle for a day.

If you are planning to eat out don't get caught in tourist trap resturants! If you are on a budget why not checkand see if pizza express has a voucher you can print off,they usually do and it saves lots of money.
For lunch you could always eat fast food (mcd,kfc,subway,burger king etc. We have them all) or even just get a meal deal from tesco for £2.50

Winter wonderland is expensive, I'd avoid eating there if you can.

There are also the natural history museum and the science museum not far away in south kensington,both are ffree.

Hamleys is a fun and exciting place to visit but tbh a lot of the toys in there are available to buy at argos or toys r us for a fraction of the price.

I'd suggest £100-£150 for a really nice fun day,but you could also easily get by on £60-80

^^ WSS.

I said £100 because i find that people who dont go to london ever/often spend more, as they get excited, buy as much as they can in the tourist traps, and Hamleys is overwhelming, especially with kids going 'mum, mum i want this! AND THIS! omg marbles.. ahhh cars!! muuum can i have these?!' all the time :lol:

And then there is my habit of spending everything i have within 2 hours. :dohh:

London doesn't have to be expensive if you don't want it to be,millions of people live here and I can assure you they don't spend £100 a day!
What station do you arrive at? If you are just staying for 1 day I'd just get a day travel card ticket rather than use an oyster card,the ticket is maybe 40p more? But with an oyster card you have to put a deposit of £5 on now and then top it up,not worth the hassle for a day.

If you are planning to eat out don't get caught in tourist trap resturants! If you are on a budget why not checkand see if pizza express has a voucher you can print off,they usually do and it saves lots of money.
For lunch you could always eat fast food (mcd,kfc,subway,burger king etc. We have them all) or even just get a meal deal from tesco for £2.50

Winter wonderland is expensive, I'd avoid eating there if you can.

There are also the natural history museum and the science museum not far away in south kensington,both are ffree.

Hamleys is a fun and exciting place to visit but tbh a lot of the toys in there are available to buy at argos or toys r us for a fraction of the price.

I'd suggest £100-£150 for a really nice fun day,but you could also easily get by on £60-80

Yeah but she has come to London to experience what its like not to cut corners, its not just about buying the toys in Hamley's its the experience of going there and as for Winter Wonderland there isnt anything around there to eat unless you take your own food. Hyde Park is massive..

If your wanting to come to London to experience what its like in general it is going to be expensive but most who come say it was worth it.

And us Londoner's dont spend £100 a day because we dont visit Hamley's and go to Winter Wonderland all the time.

Its different on a day trip to living there! I didnt care how much food cost as it was a day out and you buy little things you dont buy on a day to day basis, its no fun going on a trip and taking a lunchbox lol xx

yeah im not fussed on trying to make it as cheap as possible, ill take around £200 with me then i know i can treat us and have a really good day :) MIL will prob end up paying for lunch too so all in all it will be a good day :)

I was just saying it doesn't have to be expensive if you don't want it to be! I got the impression from the post that OP made with the smile face after everyone said "loads" "london is really expensive" etc that she didn't want to spend lots. I didn't say don't go to hamleys,I said its great fun but don't bother buying loads there. There are lots of cheap places to eat around hyde park without actually eating in the park.

I was just saying it doesn't have to be expensive if you don't want it to be! I got the impression from the post that OP made with the smile face after everyone said "loads" "london is really expensive" etc that she didn't want to spend lots. I didn't say don't go to hamleys,I said its great fun but don't bother buying loads there. There are lots of cheap places to eat around hyde park without actually eating in the park.

Thats ok, i dont want to spend a hell of alot but not too fussed as its a one off :)

:flower:

Well if your coming to London and you want to experience it then bring a nice amount :haha: I agree with MF living in London and visiting London are two different things.
It can be expensive but if you want a good time then its gonna cost. :)

Im taking A to winter wonderland this year, I MIGHT take £50 :rofl: Ill be taking food with and its a 15min walk really to The main shopping strip OMG i forgot its name!!! :rofl: Ive only been away 2 years :cry: :haha:

Anyway, Ill take money for her to go on 2 or 3 rides, and maybe have a hotdog, But im mean :haha:

Have fun! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->