how much do solicitors charge

leahsbabybump

Mummy to 3
Reaction score
roughly my sons dad mite be applying for custody and need to start saving cos i want the best llawyer money can buy so need a savings goal iykwim

ring around and ask as it varies. x

It varies a lot, but a solictor I was using in a different sort of case who was at the top end of their game was about £100 an hour for the assistant, £250 an hour for her and a barrister was around £500 an hour :wacko:

Are you on income support/job seekers? If you are you'll be entitled to legal aid.

^WTS.

It does vary hugely but even the least expensive ones fees make your eyes water :shock:

Definitely ring round a few in your area and ask. Many do a free first consultation too so you can go to a few and gauge how 'right' they seem for what you need.

ANd yea if you are on IS or JSA or a low wage then legal aid may be able to help.

All the best!

we dont get no benefits my partner works full time hes on 16.5k a year so wont get legal aid :-/

If you are on a low income (they class this as a gross income of less than £2,657 a month, which is roughly £31k a year) then you will still get some help hun

Mine costs me £200 an hour, she is worth every penny!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->