how much do u all weigh now?

I lost about 7 pounds at the very beginning of my pregnancy, and have put that on, plus an extra 3 pounds. So, I guess total weight gain of 10 pounds, but technically only 3... I'll be getting weighed again today, so we'll see if it's gone up anymore. :shrug:

Freaking hope not. I'm a Big girl to begin with, so don't need any excess weight that I didn't already have prior to being pregnant.

weighed myself 1 1/2 weeks after she was born & I had already lost 19 lbs.

God I hope this is the case with me- I am PRAYING lol...

I keep hearing stories from women who say they only lost about 7 lbs. at birth!!! WTF??

How's this for crazy...

My sister-in-law got weighed on the day she went into labour and was 11st 8lbs, she had a 8lb2oz baby and weighed herself the next day (to make herself feel better) and she was 11st 4lbs! How the hell do you have a baby over 8lbs, lose your water and placenta and only lose 4lbs?!?

I am a bigger girl & didnt need to gain much with pregnancy - but did anyway! It was piling on after I stopped working & went on semi-bed rest. So total in pregnancy I gained 32 lbs! Well my baby only weighed 5 lbs 14 oz... weighed myself 1 1/2 weeks after she was born & I had already lost 19 lbs. And I am mostly formula feeding - only pumping a few times a day to ween off of it gradually. So not losing the 500 calories a day with breastfeeding.

oh that gives me hope!! :thumbup: :happydance:

How's this for crazy...

My sister-in-law got weighed on the day she went into labour and was 11st 8lbs, she had a 8lb2oz baby and weighed herself the next day (to make herself feel better) and she was 11st 4lbs! How the hell do you have a baby over 8lbs, lose your water and placenta and only lose 4lbs?!?

Apparently some women retain a LOT of fluid after birth which gradually goes away over the next few weeks. I agree with you though, how devestating would it be to only loose 4 lbs. and have an 8 lbs. baby???

I'm telling myself that I will NOT weigh myself for 3 weeks and then see what I have to deal with !

I have gained 18lb. Most of this has been in the last 6 weeks.

My bump is big for dates and my boobies are bigger, but my butt and legs don't look much bigger. Everything feels firm and I really like my pregnant body!!! But then I liked being curvy more than being skinny. It's all good!

How's this for crazy...

Apparently some women retain a LOT of fluid after birth which gradually goes away over the next few weeks. I agree with you though, how devestating would it be to only loose 4 lbs. and have an 8 lbs. baby???

I'm telling myself that I will NOT weigh myself for 3 weeks and then see what I have to deal with !

I thought it was really funny, she didn't! So I can see karma coming to kick me in the ass! No scales = no tantrum

I have put on 12/13lbs so far (at 33.5 weeks).

Went from a healthy/sporty 9st 10lbs (136lbs) to 10st 8 or 9lbs (148/149lbs) at the moment.

Still got a few weeks (and Christmas) to go, though. My baby is pretty small (well, will be under 7lbs at birth).

QT

Yes - agree - do NOT weigh yourself the day or 2 after birth. I had lots of fluids though with my IV during labor since I was induced. I didnt have fat ankles til after birth. The whole pregnancy I was fine - not retaining fluids - but my whole body - esp. lower legs & feet were huge for about 4 days after leaving the hospital! I bet if I weighed myself sooner I would have gotten a much different number - all from water weight.

I started at 9 stone 6 and am now 11 stone 9 at 36wks so have gained about 31 lbs so far.

People do not believe me when I tell them as the only part of my body that has changed is the growing mini-football at the front! And I have a tiny bump for 36wks. Boobs have not grown either - but I have huge swollen ankles so I am so confused as to where all these 30 lbs are hiding:shrug:

I'm 11st 6lb now, was 9st 11lb pre-baby, so have put on 1st 9lb so far -am aiming for between 2-21/2 stone for the whole pregnancy. Carried on going to the gym til I was 26 weeks, and still walk 2 miles every day to work and back, plus an hour of aqua-natal each week- hoping it won't take too long to shift afterwards!

not really sure cos i generally dont weigh myself, however about 4 months before i got pregnant i weighed at the docs and the difference between then and last monday was 1st 8, urgh!

It was 13 lbs, but then I got a chest cold and haven't felt like eating much for the past week, so I lost 2 lbs. Luckily, it's holiday season, so I should be able to gain the weight back.

3 stone for me (42lbs) I gained 8lb by week six so was screwed from the start really - although I do have two of everything to weigh me down and what do you mean 'the kitkats wont help' lol

I have loosened up what I eat a LOT used to be a gym bunny and not many treats etc etc but hey I figure if you cant be slack when pregnant when can you. I have thoroughly enjoyed my 'break' from watching what I eat and tbh am looking forward to getting back to normal once the boys arrive. I am planning to feed them myself too so that will be 1000 cals a day whoop whoop. xxxxx

Now I could cry after reading this. I have put on nearly 3 stone! Was the same with my first two pregnancies but after the first one I lost the weight to get married. After my second there wasnt so big a gap so I didnt lose all the weight so was overweight to begin with. I have eaten what and when I like, far too much chocolate in the evenings! I breastfed both and intend to do the same this time but I don't feel that helped me to lose weight after. Oh well this is the last pregnancy for me so will have to motivate myself to lose the weight.

26lb for me so far so just short of 2 stone. i don't think that is too bad :shrug:

I weighed myself last night and I have gained 7lbs (30+4)

I've put on about 12 lbs so far. Started at around 125 pre-pregnancy, lost God knows how much weight to morning sickness, and now I'm at about 137.
I'm not worried about losing weight so much as I'm worried about getting back the muscle tone I lost from being so inactive these past 8 months. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->