How much do you spend on LO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not dare put the amount that i spend each year on Christmas on here,i would probably get the "spoiled children" lectures!!!

Your children are your children. If you want to spoil them you spoil them, don't let anybody make you feel bad for it!!

This year i have spend £1200 on DS who is 5. Its been a tuff year for us and i dont care anymore what people think.:thumbup::thumbup:

We tend to go for how much we buy dc. Although we wouldn't ever over spend what we can afford. They ususlly get 3 main presents and a few small stocking fillers (dvd, books, chocolate, socks)

Last year ds was 4 and got his 1st bike which cost £200, plus a game & toy. Then stocking fillers so app £240. dd was 4 months old, we spent about £30 on her for 3 presents, didn't bother with stocking.

This year, we are done and have spent £120 on ds, and £35 on dd..... Both have 3 presents and a stocking.

budget was around £100 each. DS1 has come in at around £130 and ds2 totaling around £30!

I think ds has had around £400 (he's 3) and dd has had around £250 (she's 20 weeks) x

Including Christmas Eve box, we will probably have spent just under £500 on DS and around £100 on DD (she will only be 5 months old). We have been buying a few things each month since August and would only ever spend what we can afford to spend. I don't believe in getting into debt for Christmas, it just isn't worth it.

Next year we will probably start buying a little earlier as I expect DD will have a lot more gifts than she has this year.

X

I set a rough budget of 250 each so £500 total. I've spent about £1100 so far. Whoops.

Your children are your children. If you want to spoil them you spoil them, don't let anybody make you feel bad for it!!

Thanks for that:hugs: i dont feel bad about it, i just didnt want to start any negative posts on here, As this year on the grotto has been nice and peaceful (no drama). I always have spoilt my children at Christmas, but i dont throughout the year. Saying that we only spend what is our money (would never get into debt).

i find it goes up every year with their ages and their tastes getting more expensive. this year i budgeted £300 each (although i only intended to spend half on ds4 as he'll only bee 14 months, i still budgeted that amount so that if i did see anything i wanted him to have or if i needed a little extra somewhere then i had it) i also do a sharing present. that can vary in price last year was a vita with games at £160, this year its a box of dvds at £30 (11 dvds) but i'd budget around 150-200 normally for that.
I'm pleased to see i'm not thee highest spender although i know some people think i spoil my boys. but other than birthdays which we keep small i don't buy for them the rest of the year, and save all year long so i can spoil them at christmas. I also think as long as you teach the true christmas values/meaning then gifts/budget doesnt matter. plus some of the games they have asked for are £40 each!!

DD has had around £550-600 which is £200 more than budgeted but doesn't look much at all. I want to buy one more present then she's finished being Ben & Holly's magical castle. Her kitchen and 3DS has taken over 1/3 of that amount.

Not all cash as vouchers have covered a chunk.

We've spent approx €300 on DD so far, still need to pick up a few books, jigsaws & DVD's for her, we don't go too crazy on presents for her as she always gets loads from my parents & brothers & DH's family & 2 of my friends buy for her as well, seriously need to clear out her old toys to make room for all her new ones!

This year I've spent £13 each on my two children. I'll probably end up getting a few small things for their stockings bringing it up to about £20.

My dd is 18 months and I've spent around $200. Her biggest present is her wooden kitchen which was given to me :)

i went a bit over what i was going to spend this yr, but we can afford it and we never get loans out etc, if we couldn't afford it like in the past we definitely would be stricter.
We have spent $450( about 280 pounds) on each three kids, so $1350(850 pounds) not including stocking stuffers.

About £250 on ds1 and around £200 on ds2 we don't budget just write a list of stuff they want let family pick a present each to buy them and I get all the rest.
They have around another £250 each off family members

We have prob spent about £50 on presents. Then got a bike with tesco vouchers that otherwise would have been £75. I am sure we will spend more when she is older but she gets so much from family so doesn't need much from us .

This year I've spent £13 each on my two children. I'll probably end up getting a few small things for their stockings bringing it up to about £20.

Can I ask what you've bought? Surely It's almost impossible in this day & age to keep spending that low, even if you only buy them one gift, made them something, or bought 2nd hand?..... I'm intrigued!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"