How much do you spend on LO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This year, £400 on DS and £350 on SS. That's good in comparison to last year, however they are also going to disneyland Paris in January as part of their present too :/

Hope you have a fab time in January. We went to Disneyworld last year and it was just breathtaking and magical:flower:

Thankyou! I think I'm more excited. They don't know yet and we are telling them on christmas day. Iv got giant helium Mickey and buzz Lightyear balloons and moonpig cards to tell them :)

That sounds amazing!

We were hoping to take the kids there but prices were 2000 plus for five days which seemed crazy. That was for april though.

I spent £144.32 on William and £146.44 on Thomas. That is on under the tree presents alone. They also have a Christmas Eve sack which contains stuff I would buy anyway (pyjamas, toothbrushes, bubble bath) so I don't count it and one present costing approximately £10 plus Christmas stockings.

I estimate including everything I have spend around £200 each on them. That seems such a lot but looking at the amount of presents it doesn't seem like a lot, which is good as I am try to cut down on amount of toys. It is just I would have thought a £200 spend would look more than it does.

I think they will like what I have got them and I hope I have chosen well.

This year, £400 on DS and £350 on SS. That's good in comparison to last year, however they are also going to disneyland Paris in January as part of their present too :/

You will have a wonderful time, we went just before christmas 2011. Just a little tip, it is really expensive for everything while you are there, on the way from the park up to all of the restaurants on the left hand side you will see a shop next to the tgv rail station. It is owned by the train station not disney so everything in there is cheap ( good for drinks, snacks for throughout the day) we found it on our last day:nope:

We loved cant wait to back when our youngest is a little older x

I think I've spent around £100, which was for her birthday last week, as well as Christmas presents. I started buying in august, then just decided which gifts would be Christmas and which would be birthday. I hope to buy her a toddler bike in the spring, and she needs a new bed soon, too.

I've spent about £400ish. Not completely added up. But I have used a lot of vouchers from doing surveys x

Hope you have a fab time in January. We went to Disneyworld last year and it was just breathtaking and magical:flower:

Thankyou! I think I'm more excited. They don't know yet and we are telling them on christmas day. Iv got giant helium Mickey and buzz Lightyear balloons and moonpig cards to tell them :)

That sounds amazing!

We were hoping to take the kids there but prices were 2000 plus for five days which seemed crazy. That was for april though.

We paid £1200 all in for 4 of us, flights, half board food, staying in sequoia lodge for 5 days. would have been cheaper but i kept upgrading things lol x

That sounds amazing!

You will have a wonderful time, we went just before christmas 2011. Just a little tip, it is really expensive for everything while you are there, on the way from the park up to all of the restaurants on the left hand side you will see a shop next to the tgv rail station. It is owned by the train station not disney so everything in there is cheap ( good for drinks, snacks for throughout the day) we found it on our last day:nope:

We loved cant wait to back when our youngest is a little older x

thankyou :) il keep an eye out for it. the only food we will have to bu whilst there is lunch and im taking a suitcase full of snacks with us. 40 days to go !

We spent about 400 on eachm this year including stockings. For us this has been more controlled compared to previous years but we always start buying early in the year and save throughout the year specifically for Christmas presents.

About £100. His big presents- Playmobil- were Ebay so a huge saving there.

I have no idea. I'm not even sure how even the numbers are on the gifts haha. DS was at a lot less than DD but his gifts were more expensive. I picked up a few hot wheels cars for him this weekend though so it might be more even now :shrug: TBH I doubt they'll even notice.

This year I've spent £13 each on my two children. I'll probably end up getting a few small things for their stockings bringing it up to about £20.

Can I ask what you've bought? Surely It's almost impossible in this day & age to keep spending that low, even if you only buy them one gift, made them something, or bought 2nd hand?..... I'm intrigued!

My son is getting a dinosaur playmat with a big tub of dinosaurs and accessories, while my daughter is getting a Playmobil camping set. We home educate so I buy educational toys throughout the year according to their interests, and they get lots of presents from family and friends so they really don't need anything else from us.

Completely agree about them not needing much, my 5yr old is only getting one toy (a transformer) and then a few needed things (cycling shorts, wetsuit, wellies) My 1yr old is getting a pots & pans set..... Just amazed that you managed to spend so little! :)..... I love 2nd hand and find that reduces costs :)

I've spent £200 on DD1 (nearly 3) and £100 on DD2 (nearly 3 months) This includes stocking fillers for both. DD1's birthday is 19th December and i've spent £200 on her for that aswell.

I think it's great that you've only spent £13. You are absolutely right that they don't need any more than that. I wish I had the willpower.
On top of what I've brought, rio's dad will spend about the same amount (if not more as I'm sure he thinks it's a competition)
My parents are separated so he gets two lots of gifts off those, plus great grandparents. He has 2 sets of aunts and uncles on my side, and 2 sets on his dad's side that buy gifts. His nan and grandad on his dad's side always spend a few hundred pounds on each of their grandchildren, so realistically I probably wouldn't even need to spend a penny!

Ds1 will be about £150 when done, ds2 about £75 when done, unborn/might be here ds3 £25 x

My girls are both still quite young and close in age so don't 'need' anything, but as I love Christmas I have to buy them things for my own pleasure (at least I can admit that to myself). This year I've spent roughly £90-100 on dd2 (3mths) and £150ish on dd1 (2years). I did want to get them a play kitchen this year but am leaving it to next Christmas asa joint present for both. I'd like to say I'd keep to budgets but I domt. We were so spoilt as kids by my parents so I know my girls will get lots fro, other family members too. As long as I bring my little lady's up to be appreciative and thankful I don't mind the gifts. I can't bear it when some children demand and want want want and never say thank you, I know a fair few like that.

We have spent about £150 on sam but a lot of it was tesco points as hes having the playmobile fire station fire engine and firefighters as his main present and then puzzles and an abacus etc we give him things throughout the year as hes 3 so constantly needs new challenges in the house

I haven't a clue, I was keeping check but I forgot to add prices to stuff etc so I gave up :haha:
I'm not bothered, I haven't got myself in debt, the kids have been spoilt like every year, but expensive gifts are strictly birthdays and Christmas so I do go OTT and I know they'll love everything they've got :)

We don't set a budget but only buy what we can afford. I start early and try to buy one thing each week when I see a good deal. The single most expensive thing I've bought is his wooden shop at £35, but that also has a £20 till and about £30 of food and accessories with it. So about £85 on his main 'santa' present.

He also has a wooden castle (£20), giant keyboard mat (£18), a doctor kit (£8), a build-it JCB (£10), two board games (£6 each), some gruffalo puzzles (£4), a duplo train, a book and a gruffalo cutlery set (free with points). So quick calculation, including stocking filler chocolates etc I've spent about £160 - half of that being for his shop.

The only thing I regret buying is the giant keyboard. I know he'll love it but it's huge and I can't see me getting it out much! Everything else I'm pleased with.

Early on I set up an amazon wishlist called 'gift ideas' with books, puzzles, wooden train things, duplo and playmobil on, and my family have bought lots from that and had it delivered up here - they live 5 hours away and usually just send money but I told them I'd rather he had the new toys to open instead. I'm glad I did it because the list had lots of things from £2 up, so people could just buy what they could afford instead of feeling obliged to put a certain amount of money in a card. I hate putting a £10/£20 note in a card when I know I could have bought a present for a lot less! And whenever I get money from people I feel obliged to pay it into his savings account rather than spend it on toys, even though he really needs some new puzzles and stuff that are more age appropriate. So the ideas list was a win-win and will definitely be repeated next year.

My in laws gave me money so I put half in his account and bought him a wooden engine shed, train station and tunnel with the rest. The good Brio stuff that I would never normally buy for him myself. I wrapped them all and stacked them up with ribbon and bows, and took them round to their house ready for them to bring round on xmas day. They were so pleased - they find it difficult to get out and buy things, and never know what to get, but said they hate just giving him money and not getting to see him open anything.

He's getting so old for his toys now, I can't wait to have a big clear out of the babyish stuff on xmas eve ready for the new ones!

Id say Iv spent no more than £300 in total including stockings, Xmas day outfits and Xmas eve bag. The two boys have the same amount of presents to open but I probably spent double on Ds1 than on DS2, apparently it's easier to get bargains on toys for younger kids!
DD has a stocking full of rattles and linkeys and some spoons for when she weans. Then she has maybe 5/6 presents wrapped up too.

No budget set but I've bought one main present (kitchen), about 3 'medium' presents, 4/5 little presents and then a stocking with about 7 things to go in. I've spent £129.32 (I've been keeping a lost of prices) I have used vouchers from online surveys and worked put that I would have spent £215.86.

Part of the cost will actually go towards his birthday after Christmas as I bought a Wow toys bundle for half price and split the toys between Christmas and birthday.
Edit to add....my LO is almost 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back