How much do you spend on LO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
about 200 each this year, maybe a bit more for DD as DS were more bargainous lol. I'm keeping few things over for their birthdays though just need to decide what!

So far it's just over £400. (not including stocking/christmas eve box/clothes)
But we have made over £300 selling toys on ebay & at the christmas car boot so I tell myself it's *really* around £100.

Budgeted 200 each..ended up 260 on ryan 240 on evie x

Started with a budget of 200 each but ended up spending more on noah and less on esmé.

I haven't set a budget this year. I haven't even written down what everything cost like I usually do. I've absolutely no idea what I've spent on my kids and I'm not bothered either, because I started buying early/ used vouchers and sale shopping I haven't noticed xx

£80 per child. They both have 1 larger present and 3 small ones, including a jigsaw and a book.

I've spend £100. FOB will spend £130 on her and his family £100ish, so she gets plenty :)

We spent£50 on dd and £50 on step son. Fir my dd that includes a balance bike and helmet, some books, and small stocking fillers. And for step son two transformers, some lego type kits, a science kit, some other metallic building kits a couple of games and a few other stocking fillers. They have loads of things already and I didn't think they needed anymore. Although now I have seen what others spend I feel a bit mean

Budgeted 100 each, spent roughly about that on DD, slightly less on DS, haven't got them much but DDs main present is quite big and she has a big wooden kitchen off my mum and gran as well as Frozen stuff. I think she's actually getting more spent on her by her grandparents than me and her dad. Just stocking bits left to get really. Chocolates and little cars for DS.

I don't like giving out how much money spent as it almost feels like people are trying to compete with each other.

It's probably not the case but it just feels that way to me.

We try to budget to £100 and £20 stocking but we've not even spent that I don't think. X

I had spent £120 a month ago. But then I kept buying! I bought a Duplo wall that was £150 and a Melissa and Doug activity table which was £70. I won't wrap these they will just get put up. All together over £600.

I would have liked to spend less but I know he will love everything. I also started buying in Spring so I didn't realise quite how much I had already

I will spend £60 on each. I aim for 50 to allow for a little overspend. They have enough toys already, and I don't want to spoil them just in case we can't be as generous next year if money is tight. You can get a lot with 50, I hunt in the sales and charity shops. Forgot to say, the amount includes stockings. X

This year we didn't spend any actual cash on LO. I had some faulty lamps to take back to Ikea and got store credit for them . We got all LO'S gifts from there, some wooden toys, an easel, crayons, paints etc, as well as some soft toys.

We are relocating internationally in a couple of months and can't take everything so didn't want to waste money.

This year I've spent £13 each on my two children. I'll probably end up getting a few small things for their stockings bringing it up to about £20.

Can I ask what you've bought? Surely It's almost impossible in this day & age to keep spending that low, even if you only buy them one gift, made them something, or bought 2nd hand?..... I'm intrigued!

My son is getting a dinosaur playmat with a big tub of dinosaurs and accessories, while my daughter is getting a Playmobil camping set. We home educate so I buy educational toys throughout the year according to their interests, and they get lots of presents from family and friends so they really don't need anything else from us.

This year, £400 on DS and £350 on SS. That's good in comparison to last year, however they are also going to disneyland Paris in January as part of their present too :/

This year, £400 on DS and £350 on SS. That's good in comparison to last year, however they are also going to disneyland Paris in January as part of their present too :/

Hope you have a fab time in January. We went to Disneyworld last year and it was just breathtaking and magical:flower:

Hope you have a fab time in January. We went to Disneyworld last year and it was just breathtaking and magical:flower:

Thankyou! I think I'm more excited. They don't know yet and we are telling them on christmas day. Iv got giant helium Mickey and buzz Lightyear balloons and moonpig cards to tell them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back