How much do you spend on LO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably around a £800, my trouble is I start buying in May..

I've probably spent around £500 each, I used to be bad and one year topped £1800 each but I've really rained it in this year and only got them what I know they will love not what I think they will.

I have probably spent about £1000 for all three girls, spent more on DD1 and 2 than DD3 as shes younger and harder to buy for :haha:

I think about £80/90 including his play kitchen? But doesn't look like we'll be in the new house until after Christmas so we're saving the kitchen for a 'new house present' as we've nowhere to put it until we move! I'm not worried, he's got a stocking and a couple of other presents from us to open and he'll have lots from other people.

I did budget £50 then hubby got a bigger bonus at work that we expected so we have spent around £100 each on the elder two and still £50 on Alma.

In previous years we have spent hundreds on them but I didn't want them expecting that every year xx

Budget was 200 each + 100 for shared gift
I scrapped the shared gift which gave an extra £50 each for their budget and have spent
260ish on morgan
290 on harvey
So did go over but not by that much, this doesnt include stocking about £30 each and xmas eve box about £30

I think I've spent about £550 on Rio's toys. (I went to Bicester and spent £400 on designer clothes for him too but I don't class those as presents even though I won't give them to him until xmas)
My mil always comments on how he has too much and doesn't need it, and she's probably right. But he's my son and I spend what I'm comfortable with.
I don't set a budget though. If the things I wanted to get for him only cost £150, I would only spend that. I just get what I think he will like.

Originally we spent £270 on dd and £370 on ds with £120 on their joint present (mostly used vouchers so very little in actual money).

Going through it was just too much as everything was a total bargain so we've put some away for their birthdays and its closer to £120 joint, £250 ds and £150 dd. They do tend to get spoiled from family so any more and we'd not have space.

I think its a pretty personal question but I don't see anything wrong with people budgeting to their beliefs be it higher or lower. Presents and money spent is such a small part of Christmas overall. :flower:

Amelies is £285, Roman £195 & meadow £100. Didn't intentionally spend less on the younger 2 its just how it worked out.
It's a lot of money on paper but I've bought over months and have only spent what extra we could afford without going without bills etc

Initial budget was £100 each but I think iv spent £120 on my son and £150 on my daughter.
My daughters two large toys are actually thigs Lucas will love but start from 6 months (little tikes activity house and a crawl around car) so I felt they were a bit young to give him. That way he can play with them bu they will be there when Evie is a bit older and will be hers.

our budget will go up as the children get older, I imagine if they get into games consoles it will go up considerably but the amount of presents will be less as I do want them to know that its not all about the quantity

I don't set a budget as such but have cut back on ds1 this year due to now having another child to buy for.
I think in total ds1 is around £260 which I'm really happy with! It's hard for his to look like a lot as he's into gaming and superheroes but he has enough to open and will be so happy with what he got.
Ds2 I've spent a around £150, £25 on each of the totals is a joint present too.

I only set a budget because I want to keep things as even as possible. I wouldn't buy for the sake of it but I do try to keep spending roughly the same and present number roughly the same. So I work out how much I'll have for Christmas. Take off food, family gifts, joint present, then divide what's left by 4. If one has slightly less and the other slightly more I'm ok with that, and if 1 has 1or 2 gifts more than the others that's fine too. But ds3 is so easy to buy for that if I just bought things as and when I saw them I'd spend 900 on him and 100 on each of the others. I think they'd notice that difference lol

I didn't set a budget, just spent what I could afford and been specific in buying what they want/need rather than just random stuff.

I have just added it up and have spent about £90 on Tom including his stocking and about £200 on Chloe including stocking.

I'm happy with that as I got Chloe lots of Playmobil which is quite pricey!

xxx

Once I'm done it'll be around £250, maybe a bit more. Part of me is pleased as a lot of it was sale shopping so I've saved a lot, but the other half is a bit sick, it's the most I've ever spent on him for Christmas but he had his heart set on a bloody bike!

All of mine have around £200 each including stocking & xmas eve bag. They have 22/23 pressies each.

I don't set a budget but try not to go over board. Spent around £90 for everything. 5 main presents, Christmas eve bag and stocking.

no idea. .. I just buy what i set out to get and if i see some bargains on the way i get them too.

I know i spent 130 ish on two playmobil castles and 100 on a tablet... after that i have no real clue. This isn't because I'm careless its because i started shopping in april. So i have forgotten.

Also tesco accidently gave us our clubcard vouchers twice. I know I'm evil for spending them but who wouldn't have?! haahha :)

Weve spent just under 300 on DS with xmas eve bag, stocking and gifts x

I had originally aimed for around $100-150 each for this year as our budget is tighter this year, but I think it ended up being more around $200 each. I found some Black Friday deals I couldn't pass up on things they would love, so I just went ahead and got a few more things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"