How much does your 5wk old eat?

CaptainMummy

Reaction score
During the day, we are struggling to reach 3hrs between feeds so she usually gets fed every 2.5hrs. She guzzles 5oz and finishes it almost every time.
She is a crap sleeper during the day so it makes it even harder to have a decent length of time between feeds. She does sleep pretty well at night and usually does a 5hr stretch followed by a 4hr stretch (and sometimes another 3hrs after that)

It seems an awful lot to be drinking to me! (She is 10lbs 2oz, if thT makes any difference)

My baby boy is 10lb + is taking 6 oz per feed. He's a greedy guzzler and finishes in about 10 mins. He tends to go between 4-5 hours between feeds. I was worried he was having too much, but he also has 2/3 expressed breast milk feeds a day to so maybe why he takes more formula. Have you thought if giving her a little more each time?

My LO is 7 weeks and has been on 4/5oz bottles every 4 hours since she was 2 weeks old, although this past week she is sometimes only having 3oz bottles. I think she was going through a growth spurt at 5/6 weeks as she was finishing 5oz bottles x

My 4.5 weeker only eats 2-3oz every 2-3 hours... shes gaining weight fine tho but I feel maybe she should be eating more?? She does have reflux so maybe that's why

Caoimhe is only just coming up to 4 week and she's having 4-5oz every 3-4 hours, sometimes she even has a sneaky 2oz at around 2 hours if she's screaming for it. She has reflux but is on stay down milk for it. She's just a greedy guts but the doctor has said what she is eating is normal.
My view is if they are hungry then feed them. If a baby doesn't want it then they won't eat it. When Caoimhe is full she spits the bottle out and then refuses to open her mouth again haha Xx

I'm not sure about the exact amount as we exclusively breastfeed, but the one time he had a bottle of expressed milk, I had 5oz in the bottle, and he only drank 4oz and went to sleep for about 4 hrs, so my guess is he drinks about 4oz a feeding. In the mornings and early afternoons he will eat every 2-3 hrs, and in the later evenings he will eat every 4 hrs, and at night he will eat every 4-5 hrs

My LO feeds 2-3 hourly day and night, though yesterday we had two 4 hour intervals! She's 12lb 13oz and takes 4-5oz sometimes 6oz at each feed.

My dd is almost 6 weeks weighs 11 pounds and only drink 3 oz every 3-4 hrs. She gains a pound a week and her dr is very happy even though I feel she doesn't eat much...and she's a big girl and gains a ton of weight no idea how...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->