How much is your weekly shop?

tina3747

Mummy of 2 gorgeous boys!
Reaction score
And where do you shop??

I go to sainsburys once a week, usually spend £120-150, depending on hoe much stuff I need. Seems so much money as there's only me, hubby ,12 yr old and babba!
The more I try to spend less the more I seem to end up spending!:dohh:

We spend aprox £10 a day on food (lunch/dinner) and probs another £30 a week on milk, if we need nappies, pet food etc
xx

by meal planning I have managed too get ours down too about £90 - £100 a fortnight, that is for me, hubby, little man & 2 cats. Little Man is dairy & soya free so there are some stuff I buy for him that costs the bloody earth! unfair how they charge you more knowing you have no choice in the matter!

oh and I shop at Asda online!

i shop with Ocado online now... i dont really do big shops, and i buy most of my food at work, so its hard to say.

my big shop was £90 for approx 2 weeks worth, just me and kiddo. that will last longer though as i rarely cook/eat at home at all.

i dont have nappies or formula to buy either.

x

We spend £40 per week including cat food for two cats. We do eat Alot of sainsburys value though abs beans on toast. Then after hubby's every pay day I buy nappies and wipes for the month :)

Ours is about £30 a week for three of us and a dog. Went to Asda the other day and did £100 and that will normally last 3 weeks. I have to buy milk and bread though because we use lots of milk and bread so thats probably about £25 a month extra

I try to budget £65 a week. And thats difficult! Its me, OH and a toddler !

We spend about £130 a fortnight in Asda. That's including nappies for 2 LOs. On top of that I spend about £20-£30 on things like fresh fruit, milk and bread in between big shops.

About £100 every fortnight in sainsburys then about another £10-30 a week other bits like bread and milk on top of that. So £80 a week max.

approx £70 pw for me, hubby and toddler

i'll be adding another £10 pw to that when baby comes along and we have nappies (and possibly formula)

between 80 - 100 a week, at tescos, that includes nappies etc, cleaning products, washing powder, toiletries etc, so is more on the weeks we need all that. Theres 2 adults, 2 older kids a baby and a cat.

Where am I going wrong?!?!?!?!

I only posted this as I've literally got back from shopping after yesterday being told that sainsburys is double tesco prices and it would be far less to shop there instead I've still spent £110 and I've hardly bought anything!! Way less than I'd do on a normal weekly as I go Saturdays usually ! And I never do points as well so I guess I'm losing there too! I'm rubbish at economising!

Between 100-200 euros for me, OH and Maria. Only buy meat on sale but its still so much :(

about €200 a week for me, dh, 13yr old and nicole. its normally around €130 plus top ups during the week pushes it to the 200.

we budget alot, Depends what money is like each week. Usually shop at tesco's but we do shop at Aldi too! Went to aldi on sunday and it cost me £35.00 for dinners and teas for 5 days, that included veg,milk,bread and even some nice sweetie bits!

Try and think about swapping branded things for own brands or discounted brands, some things you cant beat the taste of the branded but majority you can! one thing i cant change brand is Jaffa cakes!!! mmmmmm!!!

When money is tight i do a corned beef hash which will last 2 nights, then do a cottage pie - when you have browned the mince split it into two pots, use one half for the cottage pie then the other to turn into a chilli or spag bol!!! And out of that you have 4 homemade, full of veg meals!! With the veg for inside the cottage pie,cornbeef hash try to use tinned veg, you cant tell the difference and you are still getting your 5 a day!!

Get signed up to the tesco card hun!!!

we budget alot, Depends what money is like each week. Usually shop at tesco's but we do shop at Aldi too! Went to aldi on sunday and it cost me £35.00 for dinners and teas for 5 days, that included veg,milk,bread and even some nice sweetie bits!

Try and think about swapping branded things for own brands or discounted brands, some things you cant beat the taste of the branded but majority you can! one thing i cant change brand is Jaffa cakes!!! mmmmmm!!!

When money is tight i do a corned beef hash which will last 2 nights, then do a cottage pie - when you have browned the mince split it into two pots, use one half for the cottage pie then the other to turn into a chilli or spag bol!!! And out of that you have 4 homemade, full of veg meals!! With the veg for inside the cottage pie,cornbeef hash try to use tinned veg, you cant tell the difference and you are still getting your 5 a day!!

Get signed up to the tesco card hun!!!
I don't think I actually buy alot, food for the week although I chuck lots out at the end of the week few goodies ect and tend to spend even more if we have people over for dinner saturday night which tends to be quite alot these days since having LO! I do buy alot of the expensive brandstuff ( taste tge difference ect esevially with meat ) maybe that's where the money goes. Never go to aldi as hubby only wants Heinz ect and they don't do those there, to lazy to go different shops! Next week I'm only buying essensials, getting ridiculous now especially when there's families of more than 4 spending £100 over 2 weeks!

We used to spend about £130 a week but OH was a bit of a name snob and wanted the most expensive of everything. I've recently started swapping some things for home brands like nappies, wipes, pasta sauce, coffee, tea, baked beans, cereal, washing powder etc, I've been more careful in buying mostly necessities and I've managed to bring it down to around £100 a week. I've also started ignoring offers such as 'buy 2 for X amount' because I was buying more than we needed just because it was on offer.

Its still a lot I suppose but I feel more comfortable spending this amount, the price of our weekly shop was going up and up and we couldn't afford to be so extravagent any more!

We shop in tesco and our weekly shop differs each week but its usually around £100 a week this weeks was £120 and my husband blamed that on me as i apparently buy too much crap lol!!!!

I am getting bored of tesco and want to go back to shopping in sainsburys, if the prices dont differe too much. xxx

About £30 a week at Sainsburys for me and OH. Sometimes a bit more if we need washing powder etc

Once the baby comes it'll probably only go up about £10 extra for nappies and wipes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->