How much is your weekly shop?

We spend roughly £25-£30 a week for me and OH.

We shop at Aldi and the reason it gets boosted up is because we buy a good 2-3 carton skimmed milk and soya each as we're both drinking Slim fast for 1 meal a day at the moment. I only need to buy washing powder and softner once every 5-6 months as we get a huge box and carton from Costco :)

We also find writing a list brings the cost down as I have a strict policy of "If it's not on the list we don't buy" which drives OH mad. :haha:

anywhere from £80 - £180 a week depending on what we've run out of and how much cheese I buy lol

Well, after suspecting that the reason we don't have any money and are getting into debt was Sainsburys... I decided one month to spend on my credit card for the whole month so that when I got the bill I'd know exactly what we'd been spending.

We'd been spending over £750 per month!!!!!!!

So I thought, this can't continue we're spending money we don't have.

So now the shopping budget is £10 per day on food. That doesn't include things like washing powder etc. So things that aren't food I'm not limiting the money we spend, because honestly we couldn't do without them. But food, £10 a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->