How much is your weekly shop?

I try to stick to 30 a week but rarely do. On top of that I usually do a big monthly shop thats about £100! Just for three of us!

Used to be about £75 a week but now is about £55 a week, OH and I are doing diet chef though so thats around £50 each a week on top for food for both of us, then again we are not getting as many top up shops and takeaways as before (takeaway bill has gone from £300 a month to zero) so it is working out cheaper xx

Used to be about £75 a week but now is about £55 a week, OH and I are doing diet chef though so thats around £50 each a week on top for food for both of us, then again we are not getting as many top up shops and takeaways as before (takeaway bill has gone from £300 a month to zero) so it is working out cheaper xx

£300 on takeaways????? Jeez! How many do you have?!?

I do a shop at either Asda or Tesco's every 2 weeks and spend around £100, then top up at local shops for fresh food a few times a week. All in all probably about £80-100 a week

Around £30 a week but bare in my mind I don't buy EVERYTHING just bits I need. xx

i really dont understand how people can spend/afford £600+ on food a month... seriously?! x

Ours is shocking! Seriously the only shop (and I mean only) shop here is Tesco so we literally are in there constantly its ridiculous, I go in most days for stamps, magazine etc and end up spending 30 on rubbish and random bits that we dont need like bottles of pure orange and snacky things.

We spend £50 on organic meat which lasts about a month and a half. I do an online grocery shop for £40 each week, then we occasionally buy milk or bread if I haven't got round to baking any. So probably about £50 per week for 4 of us.

We get our online shop every 2 weeks and spend around £70, but that doesn't include formula, nappies, milk or bread. x

ermmm we shop at sainsburys as we find the food is much nicer. we spend about £130 per week but thats 5 of us and 2 cats. I keep trying to get it cheaper but i like premium brand foods.

£40 a week, but thats averaged out. Once a month I do the cupboard basics like pasta and rice etc then we buy meats and fridge stuff every week.
We used to spend £40 a month on takeaways but thats been cut to zero.

Betweet £20 - £30 a week, mostly spent in tesco and home bargains. This is for OH, myself and 1 dog. I plan our meals for the week before going shopping, search the reduced counters for meat, bread etc.

I generally spend £55 per week in my weekly shop. There are quite often other bits and pieces that have to be got during the week too like milk and nappies, bread, a 'takeaway' from tesco etc so that bumps it up to maybe £70.

My 'housekeeping' money also takes into account if i ever have a coffee out too so that knocks the total up to around £80 per week

My big shop is £80 a month, then around £15 a week on nappies, milk, bread and fresh fruit.

I plan 30ish meals and stick to it, lunches and the kids will only eat one type of breakfast :lol:

We normally do s big shop every 2 weeks which costs around £120 then the week in between about £40 x We shop at Asda x

Oh I shop at Asda, Iceland and home bargains / 99p shop :)

We shop at morrisons and probably spend £30 a week for two of us, but we get a discount because we both work there :thumbup: x

i shop at sainsburys and spend about £70 a week but then another £40 ish on bits through out the week thats for 5

i really dont understand how people can spend/afford £600+ on food a month... seriously?! x

I know!!!! I'm seriously trying to cut out buying stuff but the least I ever spend is £100 and DH is then moaning the cupboards are bare! Honestly I spend around 120+ per week and I look in the trolly thinking there's nothing in it. I end up spending more in the local little sainsburys through the week too. It's pissed me off looking at people with bigger families spending £60 per week.... Even worse I don't collect points so losing there too.

i think what helps our shopping bill is buying frozen veges and eating typically 'english' filling meals. so we don't snack on anything apart from toast really. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->