How much is your weekly shop?

i think what helps our shopping bill is buying frozen veges and eating typically 'english' filling meals. so we don't snack on anything apart from toast really. :shrug:

I throw tons away and I probably only buy sone things through laziness! Although I don't think I'd save much not buying those things . I cook alot for friends on a Saturday evening, the last lot cost me £60 not incising booze, I need shares in sainsburys!

we spend around £150-£175 per month on food, one big shop and a few top ups.

This week I have a budget of 50!! No idea how I'm going to do it :(

My cupboards are bare :,(
Whats netto/aldi like? Might end up there as it's now gone down to 40!!

i spend about £30-£40 on a big shop for the week and then nip out for more fruit/bread/milk etc if we need it so thats about £5 :) thats for me, katie and sometime OH. i try to cook 'proper' meals everynight because me and katie eat together and i like her to eat properly :) if i mke a lasagne one week i freeze what left and eat the rest for tea one night the next week, same with shepherds pie. i find that her fruit for the week costs me a fortune though. Katie does eat alot though, she has bigger meals than my 4 year old niece lol. i shop at asda too, sometimes nip to iceland xx

people who want to cut down their bills why not try a meal plan? if you shop online at sainsburys they have loads to chose from, you just click and they add them all to your trolly. If they are late delivering (1 hour time slot!) you get a voucher for 10 quid off your next order, got one last week for them being 5 min late.

I didn't even think of including the dog food, that probably pushes our weekly shop to £85, notice we spend over double the amount on the dogs than ourselves! :haha: x

people who want to cut down their bills why not try a meal plan? if you shop online at sainsburys they have loads to chose from, you just click and they add them all to your trolly. If they are late delivering (1 hour time slot!) you get a voucher for 10 quid off your next order, got one last week for them being 5 min late.

what is the meal plan thing? i assume you just check it off and they put the ingredients into your trolley?

what is the meal plan thing? i assume you just check it off and they put the ingredients into your trolley?

Yep, I got it the other week, it's just me so I make it and freeze the other 3 portions. I get the fruit and veg locally so don't add them to the trolly. Last time it was £12 for the items without fruit and veg, can make 5 meals!they have 8 diff weeks of meals to chose from I think.

I think taking a list with you really helps, our main shop used to be at least 80 a week and most of the time nearer the 100 mark. Now before I go I make a list of what meals we are going to have each day and then a list of what we need for them meals. Our shop is now 50-60 and that includes extra snacky food which is going in my Christmas box at the moment. :)

We also have a day of having no meat which will be something like bread and soup or beans on toast etc.

After Christmas I'm going to start making my own bread too and won't be buying anything for my Christmas box so hoping it will be a little cheaper than it already is. :)

i took a list with me last night and we spent a lot less and it took less time as well.

I shop at Tesco online and spend £130-£160 a week (all in)

Tbh it really paid for me sticking with Tesco this last year as I saved all my vouchers up and had well over £130 to spend for this Christmas - and I doubled some of them up, so got £150 to spend on toys/presents etc, then spent the rest on mt Christmas food shop.....

Also, during the summer, I managed to take the family to Chessington for £10 each (using the clubcard vouchers) - wouldn't have been able to afford it otherwise!

DISCLAMIER: ^^ I don't work for Tesco, so not trying to promote it or anything! :haha:

We do a monthly shop online with tescos, and stock up on frozen, tins, cupboard stuff, dog food, washing tablets etc....anything that will keep- this comes to £250-£300.

Then we shop for fruit/veg at green grocers (about £20 per week), and get milk/bread locally. We also top up the cupboard when it starts to run low towards the end of the month.

We probably spend about £150 per week(maybe more), but there is me, DH, 2 sons (who eat us out of house and home!) baby Jess, my Mum who lives with us, and the dog!

I spend 80Euro a week on shopping. Which is roughly about £67. Two adults, cat, dog and baby.

We have meal plans, and if we're particularly tight one week, we'll take a list and calculator with us to the shop. We try not to buy too many of the 'once in a while' purchases in one week. If it's a cat litter week, we'll buy the dog food the next, and nappies the next etc.

We used to spend 100Euro consistently on junk that didn't last the week, but since starting the plan, we always meet the limit and always have money to spare for sweeties :D. German supermarkets are not cheap either!

£10-20 weekly topping up of milk, bread, meats for dinners etc and £30-40 if cat food, nappies, washing up powder etc.

Then at the end of every month if we've got the money we do a huge £130 shop to fill the fridge, freezer etc.

£50-70 per week depending on what we need (nappies etc) but for 1-2 weeks every few months I don't need to buy anything, I bulk buy and tend to bulk cook then freeze lots of meals so when the freezer stash is full we have that and I don't worry about shopping. We don't really chuck out much food, we used to throw out loads, but it felt like I was just throwing money in the bin so started freezing stuff if I made too much and if my veg looks a bit sad I make soup etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->