How much time do you get to relax?

ktm_x

Ellie's Mummy x
Reaction score
Hi everyone, my LO is 18 months, I go to college 3 days a week and work the full weekend. I don't get home from college til 5.30 after 4 buses with LO ( which can be challenging). I then get her fed, berthed and put to bed. I then make myself and OH dinner, get everyone's clothes ready for the next day then get myself showered. I go to bed and sit and do any college work I have and then go to sleep. On my days off I catch up on housework. LO Dad works a 45 hour week so isn't around much and his days off are usually days I am at college and LO is at nursery.

I don't grudge any of this but I rarely see my friends or family any more, OH and I never do anything together like go for dinner etc like we used to, and we never do anything as a family.

I don't know if I am doing too much or if this is normal life?! Now that it's getting near winter and darker I'm starting to feel a bit down about it all.

Thanks for reading

I get to relax most evenings when LO is in bed. I could be spending that time a lot more productively by doing lots of housework etc but for me it's really important to feel well rested so I have energy the next day for Daniel and I like to try and chill out a bit and then have an early night. I'm lucky because my DH gets in from work at 5.15 so one of us does some tidying up/cleaning while the other one plays with Daniel then gives him his bath. I work 3 days a week and I can't imagine having to study on top of that so you have my sympathy!

i dont ever, really.

i work 42 hours+ a week, and have a 2 hour commute on top of that. i rarely get home before 8.30/9pm, sometimes later, as it depends when/where i have my dinner.

i get home, clean up, and go to bed. i wak up at 5am the next morning to do it all again ... i dont have any one at home to help me, or collect me from the train as he is in afghanistan, so unless harrison is staying at my mums, that is the same for me every day.

weekends are a little better, but that is when i do ll of my jobs and shopping so we dont have much 'sit down and relax' time at all xx

Wow u are busy! I was working 2 days a week until I started mat leave and LO doesn't go to nursery so I don't get much time to relax in the sense of having 'me time'.

LO is in bed by 7/7:30 and the only jobs I do in the eve are ironing or cleaning fish tank as I need to have time to just stop, especially now I'm so big lol!

We dont go out for meals or anything and even when DH is 'off' work he gets calls or emails to deal with, so sometimes him being here is more restrictive than just me and Lo!

I won't post incase someone hunts me down and kills me... But OP, that sounds like an awful lot :(

me and my husband both work (around each others shifts) and so we are rarely at home together all day iykwim and we have dont have any outside help, i only get to relax for a few hours every evening when the girls are in bed but tbh this is just normal life especially when you have kids, i dont feel as though i need a break or need anyones help iykwim.........me and my husband dont go out together and we rarely do things as a family as one of us is generally at work..when we do get days when we are all at home we make a point of doing something and enjoying the day...i think we are all in a good routine and we tick along nicely x atm it sounds like you have a lot on and should be very proud juggling it all... once you finish college you may have a bit more free time, it wont be forever and i think alot of couples are in the same situation x maybe you have a touch of SAD now its getting darker early, everything seems so much better when the sun is shining hey xxx

im on mat leave now so have the mornings to myself until baby arrives. usually though when at work i leave the house at 6.15am, work til 1.15, get the bus to pick up amelie at 2.30, get home by 3.30 and then play with amelie and do housework, make her dinner etc until 7pm when its bed time then I had a few hours to myself.

I won't post incase someone hunts me down and kills me... But OP, that sounds like an awful lot :(

I think i'm probably the same. And it does seem an awful lot that some of you have to do. 'Me' time is very important so regardless of if it has to happen at midnight i make sure that i have some 'me' time every day.

Not a lot tbh. Me and OH don't live together (we are 19 yrs old and trying to find a place - easier said than done!)

I have Callum all day everyday and he works monday-friday 8-5. He comes round for ONE hour everyday until he has to go home for his tea. He then comes back at 9:00 and we have half an hour together which isn't actually together it's just for my run. Callum is a bad night sleeper and he naps for about 2 hours a day which i spend on here :rofl:

But I would love to be able to have more time alone with OH...tbh it is driving us apart atm :cry:.

I work three days a week and am doing a diploma by distance learning so a lot of time is taken up with writting assignments. I have Mondays and Fridays at home where I try to do something fun with Eloise and some housework. Weekends are usually family time and housework, I get a lie in on Saturday mornings and he does on Sunday mornings. I think I have a nice balance!

I had more time when I was pregnant and still working with a toddler - now with a toddler and newborn I am lucky if I get a couple hours of sleep! UGH! :haha:

I have about an hour or 2 a day to myself, one in the afternoon when lo is asleep and 1 at night after he has gone to bed. Sometimes DH works late and occassionally he works away for a week or 2 at a time but normally when he is here we spend at least all day Saturday together :)

It sounds like you are a very busy bee! Hopefully it will all pay off soon and you can enjoy more family time x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->