How much water DO U drink a day?

I'm not sure how many cups I drink all day, but I drink at least 4 after I get home from work! I'm so thirsty at night it unreal

We keep two steel water bottles in the fridge all the time and I have a drink every time I think about it. My mouth is often dry lately so that's all the time! Plus I drink water with food.
I've always gotten dehydration headaches if I forget to drink enough water and pregnancy makes it so much worse!!

I drink 7-8 cups of water a day, a cup of milk with cereal in the morning and a cup of juice usually somewhere inthe mix. If im getting absolutely bored with water- I swap out a few cups and drink in its place watered down gaterade. Randomly i do have a day where drinkig like 10-11 cups of liquid but thats usually after an active day, or a day where i wasnt able to get enough fluids in the day before and im super thirsty.

I don't think I was drinking enough and I had a scan which showed I had low amniotic fluid. So since then I have made sure that I drink at least 2.5 litres of fluid (not just water) everyday. When I had my follow up scan, my fluid levels had doubled!! So I actually think it is REALLY important to drink a lot of water in pregnancy and I'm surprised that they don't make it more clear how important it really is!

I drink lots of water. Probably 8-10 glasses a day.

Most days drink about 1.5-2litres plus 1-2 cups of tea a day.

Probably about 3 to 4 cups, im completely off tea at the moment so am drinking water, juice or squash mainly xx

I drink at least over half a gallon of water sometimes a gallon. At first it was hard. But find it easier when I use a straw.

Er, I am terrible. I have 1-3 cups of tea and an OJ with dinner. That's usually it.
However I eat quite a lot of fruit and I haven't shrivelled up in to a dehydrated mess yet! I should try harder though....

Er, I am terrible. I have 1-3 cups of tea and an OJ with dinner. That's usually it.
However I eat quite a lot of fruit and I haven't shrivelled up in to a dehydrated mess yet! I should try harder though....

I think our bodies let us know if we're consuming enough water - if you're not having adverse effects (i.e., when I don't drink enough I get raging headaches) then you're probably getting enough! You are probably consuming enough fluids via the fruit you are eating :flower:

I have between 1ltr to 1.5ltrs of water a day

I sometimes have coffee or tea in the morning depending on my mood

I have no clue! I just make sure I am carrying a small water bottle with me all day, and every chance I get to fill it up I do. It's a lightweight bottle that fits nicely in my purse, laptop bag, or large coat pocket.

The weirdest things are my other drinks, because they're things I would not normally consume -- pregnancy is so odd! I am normally a huge coffee addict - the snobby "strong black coffee from freshly roasted beans" kind - but I haven't had any in a while now I don't even crave it one bit; the caffeine cravings were gone after 2-3 days. Nowadays the only time I drink a bit is when I can't poop at all (which I solved with bran flakes since my last cup of coffee a month ago). I usually have a glass of apple juice sometime during the day, even though I am not typically a big fan of it and prefer OJ (OJ now seems repulsive). The last two weeks, every other day or so, I have a hot chocolate in the afternoon - the weather has turned and it's nice to go do my work a local cafe. I try to make sure I get it with lactose-free low-fat milk or soy milk if they don't have that; I've always had dairy issues but figure the baby needs some calcium! Very occasionally I have a mint tea or a fresh fruit smoothie if it's available. Mmmm smoothies are AMAZING when pregnant.

I also eat a lot of fruit. I carry apples, clementines, grapes, etc with me for snacking.

I must be doing something right, I pee A LOT.

Yeah, I am not nearly as disciplined as I should be. 64 oz. of water a day is so not happening. I drink my 2 cups of coffee in the morning, juice, tea and then some water. I am full of excuses though to rationalize my habit. I just tell my self that everything I drink, tea, coffee and juice all have mostly water in it. This is my 5th pregnancy and I have always kinda sidestepped the 'required' water intake, even when I lived in Arizona- I just drank more juice.

I know I don't drink enough. My body is generally in the state of dehydration, but that being said since being pregnant I've managed to drink my 2 litres a day no problem :)

About 3ltrs a day, ice cold and spend most of the day on the loo :haha:

I have a 64 oz. water bottle and I usually drink that and more - I get dehydrated easily.

I had problems drinking 8 cups a day of fluids so I finally went out to target and bought the biggest sized water bottle I could find which as 32 oz. Right now, I drink more than 8 cups a day of fluids because I get so dehydrated at night.

I also supplement with fruits like apples but then again I think I'm eating the apples to cut down on my sweet tooth for Girl Scouts Smores Icecream since I exploded in weight :(

I didn't take it so seriously until my OB said that I had to drink it because that's how the baby gets her nutrients and that dehydration will cause pre term labor. If I am dehydrated baby doesn't move.

I drink about 200oz a day lol the ultrasound tech said I have lots of fluids so I guess my water obsession is a good thing :)

I drink 2litres + a day of water/squash/juice. I did before I was pregnant as well. I feel sick if I don't!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->