how much

purpledahlia

Mummy
Reaction score
If you guys were single and having the baby, how much would be the right amount to expect in maintenence??

i know it depends on how much HE earns, but how much is average?

is £20 too little?? is £40 to much?? do some people get £60?? i have no idea whats the normal range per week for maintenence...

:wacko:

i think its like 43 pounds ??
well thts what my best friend gets anyway, sorry i cudnt have been much help hun

ooo is ur due date dec 18th? xx

Is he employed? If so you should work out a percentage of his salary (then if he gets a decent payrise, so does your little one) and get him to pay it into an account for the little one.

xx

The FOB pays his current youngest £45, dunno what i'm gonna get though, lol :) i imagine they will both go down a little bit?

You can google maintainance calculator to work it out as it's a % if he's working or a set amount if he's on benefits. Be warned, if you are on benefits and it goes thru the CSA then they will deduct some of your money. If u work at all then it's yours to keep

for my lil girl my ex is meant to pay only £10 a week when he earns 30k a year. but because he has 3 other children and living with his gf who has 2 children of her own they take that all into account

wouldnt mind.. but there are months he wont pay and all the csa say is we can only take out if there is money in his account! grrr annoying

but yeh depends on how much he earns and if he is with someone ( with kids ) x

He works, Gets a decent wage but i cant go do the calculator because i dont know how much exactly. ~And he can choose to accept weekend work if he wants ( i know on a weekend with time and a half on sat and double time on sun he can get 290 or 260, something like that ) But i ont know his cntracted salary or if its hourly.

He has no other kids and is single, I will be on benefits till i can go back to work, I am hoping nto to go thru CSA but cant be sure, If he knows he can pay less thru csa cos of benefits then he might try do that, Ideally id perfer we open an acc together and puts it into there ad i can acess it.

But i was just wondering roughly what an average amount per week was...

i think its like 43 pounds ??
well thts what my best friend gets anyway, sorry i cudnt have been much help hun

ooo is ur due date dec 18th? xx

Yeah 18th Dec! But recently changed to 20th, im going by 18th tho aahahahah!

hiya hun my ex in on benefits and works 12 hours a week and for my little gal i get 5.00 a week whihc to be honest i think is crap ,he used to pay me 20.00 a week till csa got involved now gets away wit 5.00 , i wuldnt go throught csa again im glad hey are getting rid of it they used to charge me tax on 10.00 a fornight i know it was only 10p tax but shouldnt have to pay tax on matience even thou i shouldnt get taxed i didnt receive any of it back what they took csa take the mickey.

5 a week is shocking!

the FOB is not on benefits, and like i said im hoping not to go thru CSA as i know i'd only see 10 or 20 max.

OH was earning like £14k ish * i think *
I got £35 a week.

which benefits will you have to go on cause when i claimed income support when we spilt up csa automactialy got involved i didnt have a say so but that was 3 yrs ago im hopeing its all changed now xx

i mean if we did the calculator together and came up with a private agreement, without me going thru CSA.. Ill be on income support yeah, i dont really know what else im gonna be entitled too tbh

i would go citizins advice and get some info on what u can claim as jobcentre is crap at telling u xx

i mean if we did the calculator together and came up with a private agreement, without me going thru CSA.. Ill be on income support yeah, i dont really know what else im gonna be entitled too tbh

Well, tell you what happened with me. Me & OH were living apart when amber was born, he'd agree'd to me he'd pay me. With fact i was claiming stuff as "lone parent" someone contacted CSA (Maybe through TC or something i dont know)
I kept having phone calls off some saying "ring me back, it was about a job, or something important" i havent applied or anything, so i got my dad to ring up.
He rang... guess who turned out to be CSA tricking me into phoning them to sort out money with OH, i was so mad :growlmad: Explained everything to them, werent having any of it said it HAS to go through us, dont do any PRIVATE agreements, incase fail to pay. :growlmad: So this went on, had give them OH details, he got mad at me thinking all iw anted was money out of him etc etc.
Month or so down the line, got letters where i had take note of when & how much i was paid, im pretty sure they set up the direct debt so they knew i was getting paid. Once that was done, they left us alone.

I was income support, all i was entitled to was CB as everyone is, TC, fairly good amount tbh, got child maintance. That was it.

So I'd be better telling him im gonna have to go thru CSA incase he failed to pay.. CSA has helped some poeple but caused shit for others, i cant work out if its good or bad. I dont want him to think all i want is his money i want him to kow his child but i NEED a little bit of money, even just nappies and wipes and eventually a bit of food a week for her.

My employer Fucking me over not gonna gt mat pay, cant get mat allowance, Get income support and child benefit, i guess thats it? council tax and housing benefit - untill i get a job sometime next year.

Reckon if i tell him when im applying for child benefit as a lone parent that they will involve CSA anyways so just warning him, and then that would ''calm the storm'' ??? :S

so basicaly it has to go thru cSA and i will only see 20 quid utill i go back to work and get a job and then i may see more?

Why can't you get mat pay or mat allowance? If you are claiming benefits then it will go thru csa

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->