• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

how much

ill look into the incapacity benefit thing, i cant really apply for MA tho cos i cant proove iv worked while iv been pregnant, i had a job at the kids school 10 hour a week ut it was only for 10 weeks.. dont think that enough for MA. x

To claim maternity allowance, you must also have been a registered self-employed person or have been employed in at least 26 weeks out of the 66 week period running into the week before the week your baby is due. It is close, but possible you might be entitled, especially if you can get work now. See:
https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyT...ort/Expectingorbringingupchildren/DG_10018869

If you don't qualify, you may be entitled to Employment and Support Allowance (which has replaced incapacity benefit): https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople/FinancialSupport/esa/index.htm

Also, is FOB an employee? The way you worded it made me wonder. He isn't a contractor or self employed?

Youre the same as me, i was too scared to bring it up but luckily he did, hope he brings it up for you!

The only way to get incapacity benefit is to apply for MA, you'll just have to put on the forms that you havent worked (when it was cash in hand) thats what im going to do anyways, so you know you'll get rejected but its the only way they'll give you IB if that makes sense.... - i believe the rules for MA are you must of earned £30 a week in any 13 week test period, so i know ill get rejected but i still hafta fill the forms in!

good luck with it all, let us know how tonight goes!

YOu could say something like "what are your intentions with LO once I move back to scotland" and see what he says

I looked on that website previously but i didnt understand the MA thing. i worked at the school 2 hours a day from the 20april till 9th july, maybe bit mroe than ten weeks but its not 26... i thought u had to of worked 26.. also i wasnt self employed i was employed by the primary school.. i earned 75 a week for that job which was registered.

The FOB works for a company so yeah i think he is an employee but the company gets contracted work.... if that makes sense? i think its a small company but he has his own boss,

yeah i was thinking i could bring it up like, '' look i dont know what you have thought or IF you have thought about this at all, but i just found out that since i will be on benefits and applying for things as a lone parent the jobcentre will involve CSA whether i like it or not, so i dunno what you think about that but i guess be prepared for them to contact you because i dont think i have a choice if they ring me for all the details i will have to give them or my benefits might be at risk to stop ''
woah thats a long paragraph,

Also, since 27 October 2008, all parents have had the choice of setting up a child maintenance arrangement using the CSA or making a private agreement about child maintenance with the other parent.

If you do have a private arragement, the first £20 of any child maintenance you receive each week has no effect on the amount of benefit that Jobcentre Plus pays you. After that, your child maintenance payments affect the level of benefits you receive.
For example, if you receive £30 per week in child maintenance, Jobcentre Plus will reduce your benefit by £10 per week. If you receive £40 per week in child maintenance, Jobcentre Plus will reduce your benefit by £20 per week. It doesn't affect Council Tax or Housing Benefit though.

https://www.cmoptions.org/en/maintenance/prepare.asp
https://www.cmoptions.org/en/maintenance/changes.asp

yeah ive worked since i was 16 in part time jobs while at school/uni, I was working two jobs in aberdeen, a ceramic place cafe and a nightclub, then i moved to london and i was live in childcare feb-july, which was reg, then july i came to this job, was told she wud register me, never did, got all my cert's and qualified etc, then in april started at the school till july, (july being me here for 1 year) and im leaving on sat.

ah ok, so if we make a private agreement i just need to make sure i claim it. And i would want it on a contract too. I dont know what hes gonna think is best, i wish i knew what his salary is,

Are there any temping agencies where your moving to which you could work at for a few weeks to get enough weeks built up to get MA?

I dont think you will need to worry about money too much, my OHs daughter had a baby and never worked and she gets about £120 a week not including housing and council tax benefit.

This is determined by the amount he earns and his current circumstances.

If he is currently not living with any dependants and not supporting a partner then you are entitled to 15% of his net salary and 5% for every additional child.

This is reduced if he is supporting another family and in some cases can mean that he doesn't have to pay a penny.

If you know his circumstances and salary why not call the CSA and make an unofficial enquiry?

im sure there is temping agencies, i could look into that, are they likely to take someone on pregnant?

He doesnt support anyone other than himself, and he has no other kids neither do i. i just dont know his full salary!

For my son I have gotten £50 per week since he was born. I think for inflation it should have gone up, but he does other stuff like pay for school uniform and haircuts!

I've found most temping jobs are 6 or 12 weeks or then theres the longer ones but you could do something 6 or 12 weeks then be finished in time for LO to arrive they will have less of a problem with being pregnant than a permanent job as they wont have to worry about maternity leave etc.

yeah i can look into that and see what i can register for etc. I was gonna just offer up babysitting and nannying and general childcare in the village i wil be in (its small but built aroud a very big private school) so was hping i could get some jobs that way. then they would be more casual and just bit of extra cash, it depends on how my hip is aswell, wouldnt wanna get a job then never be able to get in or do the work! :S

14th Septemer 2008 to 19th December 2009 is your qualifying period for MA, and there aren't enough weeks left to qualify. Sorry for getting your hopes up.

I'm also pretty sure you cannot get ESA and IS at the same time.

asacia-you sound very clued up do you work for something along these lines?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"