How often do you do laundry?

I only separate whites and towels. Other than that, they go in together!

I do about 5 loads a week, occasionally more. I usually wash it and hang it on the clothes horse, that part I dont mind and is fairly easy. I dont enjoy the part of ironing/ putting away. What I do is have a basket and 2 piles, when I take the stuff off the clothes horse I fold my boyfriends sports clothes (he has alot) as id never iron this and I fold the towels. Then I have a basket I chuck everyhing else into and once a week il iron it all.
I probably wouldnt have to iron so much if I folded as I went but I cant be bothered. I also have a box for underwear and I probably only put this away once a month haha we usually just take our underwear straight from the box.

every 2/3 days of 1-2 loads of clothes, bedding towels and dog towels and blankets.

In the summer i prefer to do lots of loads on one day to get it dried outside and put away and then there doesn't seem so much the rest of the week.

I do at least 2 washes a day, I do small rapid washes for clothes that aren't too heavily stained, line dry as much as possible and iron small pile of clothes most nights. I find clothes are much less creased from line drying anyway and easier to iron. Wash loads are generally separated into bath towels, bedding, tea towels, whites, denims and coloured :flower:

Hmm it really depends.. I do a 'lights' and a 'darks' wash and prob 1 load a day.

I don't have a tumble drier so I have a hard time drying everything on the airer, if I get too behind it's soo hard to catch up.

Lights darks colours all seperate here. And then there AP's stupid clothes with crazy attachment bits that need to go in themselves, or I might freak out :rofl:

i put one load on each day, it dries on a clothes horse though so i cant do any more than that.

i could probably do less but towels get washed twice a week, our coats once a week & bedding once a week. the covers off the sofa get done every 2 weeks..

i love washing. i quite often wander around the flat looking for stuff to wash. lol

eta: i wash stuff seperately.

bedding goes in in 2 loads, the white sheets & pillow cases then the duvet cover & pillow cases seperate.
towels on their own
whites
darks
colours

Ugh that's reminded me ds coat desperately needs a wash but it has to go in on its own.
Xx

Once a week, 3 loads. Lights (includes white bed linen), darks & towels.

I just dry round the house on airers. In the summer I do a load a day as I love hanging it outside.

Love ironing, hating putting it away.

Everyday. I generally just bung it all in together. Although I do tend to wash jeans and heavy dark things together (coats etc). I try to line dry, and use the radiators in winter. Pants, socks and bibs dry on the clothes horse. I don't mind ironing but I HATE putting it away. Usually end up with 3 big baskets on a Sunday night to put away... Yuck. So hard to keep on top of washing in winter.

Pretty much every day. I dry them on the clothes horse so it takes overnight to dry so have to do a load each day to make sure we have enough clean dry clothes. I don't mind it though, its probably my favourite household job. I find folding the clothes rather relaxing. I don't iron though.

It's just me living here. When I'm on placement, I do washing most days - I only have 2 sets of uniform to work 4-5 days a week in, so I tend to come home, bung it in the washing machine, then stick it in the drier for a bit whilst I go to bed (if I'm doing a late then early). Other than my uniform, I only do a couple of loads a week (but often fall behind with the washing and have to spend a day catching up on it - I'm so behind at the moment - there is a massive basketful in my bathroom). If I don't have enough to make a full load of, say whites, I'll bung everything in together with a colour catcher, unless it's new jeans or towels, then I'll wash just that on their own, maybe for the first couple of washes. I tumble dry everything :oops: as I don't have a line outside. I don't iron very much, and I hate putting things away.

I wash at least 1 load a day. We go through A LOT of clothes. :haha: I too hate folding it. It's so boring! Ugh.

I wash everything together except for our sheets and towels. I find it's easier if you just wash shirts, then pants, etc. It's so much easier to fold when it's all just one thing, haha. I'm too lazy to sort it that way though.

I quite like doing the laundry. I can't stand ironing or putting it away though! I tend to iron when we need the clothes instead of piles of it.
I do at least 1 load a day, usually more.
I separate too, darks, lights, brights, whites and bedding/towels. I think my mum has passed on OCD about washing lol. I would hate it if anybody but my mum done my washing. We don't have a tumble drier so everything is dried on airer's inside.

Monday - Wednesday, I may put a load on overnight and put it in the dryer in the morning before I go to work. Thurs-Sun I usually do at least one a day.

I will do a towel & nappy wash
Lights
Darks

I do at least one load everyday or my basket will be over flowing hate washing in the winter as hate drying in tumble bit no option really I hate ironing but like putting things away. I dont separate really I was dh work clothes and bib on a higher wash so separate them and alwaya was bedding separately.
I love washing in summer do 3/4 loads a day its great drying on the line!!

All day every day. Never stops. Tumble is going as I speak. Washing machine be on at some point today also. My electric meter is like a flipping slot machine it goes round and round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->