How often do you do laundry?

I just came back to add to this, my catching up today went on ALL day. I have just stopped and have a load in the basket plus a load in the machine, both waiting to be dried, but the drier has been going for 11 hours now, so I have switched off and given up

Every Sunday I do the washing in one go and fold it straight out of the tumble dryer so (with the exception of shirts etc...) it can just be put away with minimal work, which is great!

I am so jealous at how many of you have a tumble dryer! No way we could fit it in the house, and I'm so fed up of constantly drying clothes on the radiators and clothes horses.

Every day we put a load on. we struggle to get it dry, no tumble dryer here either. xxx

I have more wet clean clothes than dry clean clothes...But yeah. Everyday!

I'm really bad with washing! In the summer i did a couple of loads a day because it dried fairly quickly on the washing line.
Now its winter and i have to dry clothes on the clothes horse, its a pain!

You can see my giant washing pile in the background of this pic, i got lazy over Christmas...:blush:

https://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag138/Pixie5912/temporary_zpsae46b5e3.jpg

I got lazy too :haha: Now starting the mammoth washing and drying session (thank God for a tumble dryer).

Pretty much everyday, I put everything in together except sheets, towels and whites. Mostly goes in the dryer and I don't iron. DH does his own work shirts. I can never get on top of the washing though, it seems never ending!

I need a tumble drier :(

Think I might start saving for one!

I hate drying it and putting it all away but I try to do a load a day, if I don't I get a back log of towels and stuff and end up with an overflowing wash basket!

Is it fairly uncommon to have a dryer in the UK? I've noticed a lot of you don't seem to have one. It's pretty much the norm here!

Is it fairly uncommon to have a dryer in the UK? I've noticed a lot of you don't seem to have one. It's pretty much the norm here!

Most people I know have a dryer. They either have a separate dryer or a washer/dryer.

Ours is in the garage and it gets full use over the winter. However I am contemplating buying an indoor airer to save on the electric bill. We usually use the washing line in Spring/Summer weather dependent.

I think it depends. I think it's common in America for houses to come with them installed when renting? That rarely happens here so we have to buy them ourselves and our houses are much smaller. A lot of us don't have a separate utility room. Our washing machine etc. is in the kitchen.

I think it depends. I think it's common in America for houses to come with them installed when renting? That rarely happens here so we have to buy them ourselves and our houses are much smaller. A lot of us don't have a separate utility room. Our washing machine etc. is in the kitchen.

I've seen from watching shows based in the UK and such that they're mostly in the kitchen which I always thought was interesting! We usually do have a laundry room or either hook ups in the garage or basement. Sometimes when we rent either an apartment or a house, it will be included but sometimes not, it's just up to the discretion of the landlord. Same goes for appliances, sometimes we have to provide them.

I quite like doing laundry - it's one chore where you get a lot to show for your efforts but you don't actually have to do much. When OH comes home and there's a pile of washing ready for him to put away, it looks like I've done a lot that day... even though I only bundled it into the machine, played on Facebook for 2 hours, hung it up next to the radiator and then waited for it to dry :)

I probably do 8 loads a week so usually 1 load per day: 2 or 3 for nappies, 1 bedding, 1 of OH's clothes - I refuse to wash other clothes with his as he always leaves tissues in his pockets, 1 for my clothes, 1 for the kids, 1 towels, 1 for kitchen cloths and tea towels (I don't use paper towels, everything is washable)

Once a month or so, I do an extra couple of loads - 1 load of OH's work shirts (I save them up as he has hundreds and I prefer to put stain remover on his cuffs and collars in one big batch) and an occasional load of delicates that can't be washed with other things.

I don't separate out different colours as the kids' load is mostly brights, mine is mostly darks and purples and OH wears a lot of jeans and dark jumpers (apart from work shirts and his suits which go to the dry cleaner). It's a 9kg machine so easily fits a week of clothes for 2 kids or 1 adult. I prefer doing one load per day because it's a washer dryer so if I do want to tumble something I obviously can't be doing a second load of washing at the same time. I usually hang clothes to dry though - I hang them over the clothes horse so I can just slip them off and they're already reasonably folded - arms folded in, folded in half so it doesn't take long to put things away, especially as it'll only be one room's laundry.

I've seen from watching shows based in the UK and such that they're mostly in the kitchen which I always thought was interesting! We usually do have a laundry room or either hook ups in the garage or basement. Sometimes when we rent either an apartment or a house, it will be included but sometimes not, it's just up to the discretion of the landlord. Same goes for appliances, sometimes we have to provide them.

Our washing machine is in the kitchen as well, no room for it anywhere else in the house. We don't have a garage or basement, nor a laundry room. Our bathroom wouldn't fit one, so kitchen is the only place for it to go. Not enough room in there for a tumble dryer as well though, unless we were to get a washing machine / tumble dryer in one. Only appliances included when we rented this place was the oven, had to buy everything else ourselves.

I wash me and my husbands clothes twice a week and Silas' clothes whenever his hamper gets full. Just depends how many spit ups and leaks he had. And then linens once a week.

Every other day and it's only me and oh !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->