How soon after a miscarriage is it possible to get pregnant again?..X

Fergie89

Reaction score
Heyy everyone .... i know you are more fertile after a miscarriage ,, how long are you more fertile for?few weeks, few months? if anyone could help please ..thanks :) :dust: ********

I don't know if that is actually that true. I was told by the registrar who discharged me at the hosp that it is actually more likely that the first cycle after your m/c you won't even ovulate at all. Of course you can, but I was advised not to get pregnant before having 1 cycle, as the hormone levels have not had a chance to level out. It's up to you though, if you want to.

I would say the suggestion that you are more fertile is that the womb lining has thickened so is more receptive to the fertilised egg, but I don't know how true that theory really is. It's probably best to wait for 1 period to try again.

https://www.pregnancyloss.info/trying_again.htm - There is some really good info here.
xx

Love to know to..I had a mis last week and have stopped bleeding so am hoping to go straight for it....!!!

i miscarried on the 5th july ,, and i already feel like im having some symptoms of pregnancy ... iv been feeling tired , peeing more often, heartburn , and the past 2 days iv been getting a sharp pain on the left side just under my hip ,...my HCG went back to normal 2 weeks after the miscarriage , but is that just too soon to be pregnant again?..X

i had mc and got pregnant before my next af. it was 8 weeks till i got my bfp though. infortunately it was ectopic. but shows you can get pregnant very quickly xx

awww :( sorry to hear that ,, did u get a D&C bfore u fell pregnant again? ..X

i had a natural mc. but remember as soon as your hcgs drop you ovulate so you can get pregnant. what happened to me is very uncommon. but i believe you are more fertile after a mc. after the ectopic my cycle became very long but after ttc again it took me 2 cycles to get pregnant with one tube. so all well. and this little girl was meant to be!!!!

that was the same with me , i also hada natural one , Would i not be due my period then if this was over a month ago i had the miscarriage? Aww im glad everything worked out for you and u have a beautiful little girl :) ..X

it depends with me my hcgs dropped very fast. but in some women it can take longer.
and it took 8 weeks the last 2 weeks daily poas to get + test. but that could be down to it being ectopic it took so long to show. cause i got a bfn one day and a very dark bfp the day after. which is common with ectopics)
are you actively ttc now???

my hcg's took 2 weeks to drop to 0 , i dont really know if this is fast or what , lol..but yep we are actively TTC just now ,, do you think just now would be too early to take a pregnancy test then?..X

i would get some internet cheapies or the poundshop do 3 for a £1. as it can become expensive! i ended up spending a fortune on test had a slight addiction!
am off to work now but good luck hun will keep and eye out for news ok xxxxx

god tell me about it lol... i will be doing just that :L Poundland here i come ! .lol... i will let yous know , my result :) x

I had a MC five weeks ago and I we started trying again after one week after MC.

I have not had AF yet which I don't know whether I am happy about as could be PG or sad as I want my body to go back to "normal" then know where I am.

Three of my friends got PG 4 and six weeks after MC and no AF in between so you can fall PG right after MC

I have brought lots of internet cheapie PG tests :)

Gem x

Its definately possible to get pregnany very soon after miscarriage, good luck girls and make sure you let us know if you get your BFP's.xx

I forgot to say I took a test on Monday and had a very faint line but took another one today and BFN so the test from Monday must of been Evap line grrrr:growlmad:

Gem x

i had a mc on the 11 july and they sais i cud try straight away with out waiting for a full cycle if that helps

Thanks for asking this question Fergie as I couldn't seem to find any threads which dealt with this.

I am recovering from a miscarriage at the moment and I am trying to chin up by thinking about when we can try again.

I feel it's best to wait until after my first period at least as I feel like it is important for the womb to rid itself of any remnants of the miscarriage. There is probably no substance to this, it's probably just all in my head!

I don't think I would have the patience to wait three months as is recommended... I am over 35 and time is of the essence! Although today I read in the newspaper that waiting three months is unnecessary:

https://www.nhs.uk/news/2010/08August/Pages/conceiving-baby-after-miscarriage.aspx

It's so hard to know...

if this help i had a mc on 6may 2009, three weeks exactly later i took another test and found out i was Pregnant again, when i had my scan it was shown that i got pregnant round about the 7th may!! i now have a happy and healthy 5 and a half monrth old, also the other weird thing was i hadnt had sex since the 3rd may, so the spermys where 4 days old!! lol miracle baby :d xxx

sorry to hear of all your losses :hugs: to everyone .... x

yeah they said 3 to me , but i was told by the nurse who was doing my blood work , they only say this so that ur lining gets a chance to build up properly , but i dont really see the need to wait if it was early on , & also if we gt preggers b4 AF it would be hard for them to tell how far on we were ... i had my miscarriage the start or July , and started tryin agin one week after it ... and have heard a lot of ppl falling pregnant so quick after a MC because there body is still in "pregnancy Mode" Fingers crossed My AF doesnt show! :dust: to everyone!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

if this help i had a mc on 6may 2009, three weeks exactly later i took another test and found out i was Pregnant again, when i had my scan it was shown that i got pregnant round about the 7th may!! i now have a happy and healthy 5 and a half monrth old, also the other weird thing was i hadnt had sex since the 3rd may, so the spermys where 4 days old!! lol miracle baby :d xxx

OMG! i love hearing stories like this! it gives me soooooooo much hope! did u have a natural MC or did u have a D&C if u dnt mind me asking ..X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->