How soon after a wedding do you think thank you cards should be sent?

We did it as soon as we got back from honeymoon so 1 week later, my mil kindly got the cards printed out of a wedding picture with a thank you message printed onto it which made things a lot easier. We didn't have a huge wedding so didn't have to many to do

As soon as possible but I still have some to go out and we've been married a year and a half.

I would send them out within a month, however I've never received a thank you card after attending a wedding, which is a shame really, hardly anyone sends thank you notes anymore :( I would definitely send them though. My LO always sends a thank you note after Christmas/birthday as I always did when I was younger... Perhaps I'm old fashioned?!

we sent ours out after our 5 day honeymoon. I'll be honest though, I didn't think about sending thank you's to those who attended but didn't buy anything for us.

We went on honeymoon for 3 weeks & sent the thank you cards the week we came home so around 4 weeks after the wedding, i think its so rude not to send them & can't believe the amount of weddings we've attended & got no thank you card:growlmad:

When I got married in April, we waited for our photograph so come back, this took around 2 weeks. Then once they arrived we ordered some cards from vista print which took a week to come. So all in all we sent outs out probably just over 4 weeks after the weddings! But I had a wedding last year and they didn't come until about 3 months later! It's a hard one I think as after a wedding your heads in the air and you forget about everything xx

A lot of women wait until they get their photos back so they can send that in a thank you card. But I think within 6-8 weeks is an acceptable time limit.

I would say eight weeks/two months is the absolute outer limit (I understand that sometimes people want to use wedding photos and they take a while, or go on an extended honeymoon).

I'm still a bit shocked when I don't receive a thank-you card for wedding presents. I send thank you cards for EVERYTHING from presents to dinner parties to staying with friends on holiday. It's not hard, just buy a pile of appropriate cards and have them on hand.

And it's as good for me as for the people getting them, as it keeps you conscious of being grateful for the nice things that people do for you.

I'll put my hand up and admit that I got married in July and I'm just sending out thank you's now - a whole load of excuses really but we had so much going on that we just forgot. better late than never I think! x

Mine got sent after a month to 6 weeks, the only other wedding we received thank you cards was my friends. I think it took a few months for them to come but I was just as grateful for receiving it, it made no difference to me that I had to wait a while.

I sent thank you cards to those that brought us not only gifts but cards too. Those that came to the wedding and didn't even bring a card didn't get one and for good reason. They obviously don't believe in greetings cards so I didn't waste my time!

The few weddings I've been too I've not known any of them to send one. Didn't bother me in the slightest :shrug:
I figure they were nice enough to invite me, pay for meals and drinks and share the happiest day of their lives.

Xx

I must admit it hasn't bothered me either when we haven't got one. When my friend sent one I was pleasantly surprised tbh and it's only because she did send them out that I thought to do it for our wedding.

The few weddings I've been too I've not known any of them to send one. Didn't bother me in the slightest :shrug:
I figure they were nice enough to invite me, pay for meals and drinks and share the happiest day of their lives.

Xx

^^This

I have been to a few weddings and not received a thank you card. Never thought anything of it to be honest.

We didn't send any out after ours. We did, however, say thank you to everyone the next morning at breakfast.

I did send out thank you cards within about 6 weeks, so I could include a wedding picture. Almost everyone at our wedding travelled to be there. I was so touched by how many flew or drove huge distances. That alone would have compelled me to write heartfelt thank yous, even if etiquette didn't stand pretty firm on that one.
And I certainly sent thank yous to everyone who attended, regardless of whether or not they brought a gift. I think it's nice to acknowledge that they made time to attend my special event and wish me well. I didn't have a wedding to get gifts and cards. I had a wedding to celebrate with people I loved. There was no expectation of anything, just gratitude for their presence.

I did send out thank you cards within about 6 weeks, so I could include a wedding picture. Almost everyone at our wedding travelled to be there. I was so touched by how many flew or drove huge distances. That alone would have compelled me to write heartfelt thank yous, even if etiquette didn't stand pretty firm on that one.
And I certainly sent thank yous to everyone who attended, regardless of whether or not they brought a gift. I think it's nice to acknowledge that they made time to attend my special event and wish me well. I didn't have a wedding to get gifts and cards. I had a wedding to celebrate with people I loved. There was no expectation of anything, just gratitude for their presence.

I agree with you that I didn't have a wedding to get gifts or cards. The thing that annoyed me more about the 2 people that came without even cards was: one was my best friend, she also rang me 2 days before the wedding (after knowing about it for over a year) and asked if she could borrow £20 to go to our wedding, otherwise she couldn't afford to go. This is after I'd already bought her a dress to wear, because she was complaining of having nothing to wear and no money. She never even said thank you and I never got the £20 back either. The other guest was a relative of my husband who I'd never met before who called and asked if they could bring along 2 extra guests. We reluctantly agreed since we'd had 2 cancellations but I was still a little shocked at being asked. To then not to get a card from either of those 2 left me feeling pretty upset, whether wrongly or rightly I don't know.

I'm normally such a nice person and it takes a lot to get me annoyed. I just felt in this case, especially since they were invited to the entire celebration (not just the evening reception) they were expecting me to go above and beyond for them and showed absolutely no gratitude in return. I just felt that was rude.

Maybe I should have sent them one. Is 18 months after too late :haha:

I agree with you that I didn't have a wedding to get gifts or cards. The thing that annoyed me more about the 2 people that came without even cards was: one was my best friend, she also rang me 2 days before the wedding (after knowing about it for over a year) and asked if she could borrow £20 to go to our wedding, otherwise she couldn't afford to go. This is after I'd already bought her a dress to wear, because she was complaining of having nothing to wear and no money. She never even said thank you and I never got the £20 back either. The other guest was a relative of my husband who I'd never met before who called and asked if they could bring along 2 extra guests. We reluctantly agreed since we'd had 2 cancellations but I was still a little shocked at being asked. To then not to get a card from either of those 2 left me feeling pretty upset, whether wrongly or rightly I don't know.

I'm normally such a nice person and it takes a lot to get me annoyed. I just felt in this case, especially since they were invited to the entire celebration (not just the evening reception) they were expecting me to go above and beyond for them and showed absolutely no gratitude in return. I just felt that was rude.

Maybe I should have sent them one. Is 18 months after too late :haha:

I didn't have a wedding to get gifts either but two guests didn't even get us a card, which I thought was rude and one of them turned up late and very scruffy. We went to her wedding and I had made her wedding cake as a gift so I thought a card would have been the polite thing to do. But that's just me.

The other friend had just been declared bankrupt and didn't have any money and I didn't expect a gift from her. A card would have still been nice though!

I think people don't know to bring cards. I wouldn't know to do so and I didn't know til this thread to expect them, but tbh I don't think anyone will get us a card or gift, especially not anyone our age.

I didn't send mine until about 8 weeks after as I wanted photo cards and our photographer was dragging his feet :brat: I have only ever received a thank you card once for a wedding gift, and no one bothers for Christmas and birthdays when I do every time. It is SO rude and does my head in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->