how to lose 4 stone in 3 months??

happygal

mum of 3
Reaction score
I need to lose 4 stone over the next 3 months. It works out at just under 5lbs a week. Any idea what i should try?x

You will probably lose about 5lb in your first week but its not a loss that you should expect to be making every week. The safe amount is between 1-2lb.

In the past I have had good results with WW, slimfast and the Paul Mckenna book. My friend recently did the cambridge diet and she lost a stone and 5 inches in a month but it made her quite unwell.

Southbeach diet....... Bloody hard to follow but the weight literally falls off :lol:

You will probably lose about 5lb in your first week but its not a loss that you should expect to be making every week. The safe amount is between 1-2lb.

I agree.

It isn't safe to lose so much so quickly and the quicker you lose it, the quicker you will put it back on.

I'd recommend a healthy diet and lots of exercise :)

You should try being realistic. Like Tina said you'd lose 5lbs in your first weight then it would level off to 2/3lb if you're lucky, some week you may not lose anything. Plenty of exercise, count out sugars in tea, replace with sweetner, plenty of water, fruit & veg and you're lose steadily but it will stay off.
x

Paul Mckenna is great because it's about changing your relationship with food and learning to eat normally, not starving yourself or going to the other extreme and stuffing yourself.

It's not a good idea to lose it that quickly as it rarely stays off. Just do it slowly and it'll come off but stay off xxx

I agree with the other ladies that 4 stone is alot to lose in 3 months!

It would probably be more realistic to try and lose say maybe 2 stone instead?

If you set yourself a target that you're very likely unable to achieve, you might end right back at square one and lost nothing as your moral at 'failing' would take a battering (I hope that makes sense?)

I think as well you need to find a diet that works really well for you too, that you are able to stick too!

Good luck!!

Thanks ladies. I agree with you all, it is an unrealistic goal .
The reason i asked is because I have gallstones and i saw the surgeon yesterday to see about going on the waiting list for surgery to have my gallbladder removed.
Im over weight and Im the first to admit that i need to lose weight.
I was weighed yesterday and Im 19st 12lbs. The surgeon told me that he will see me again in 3 months and by that time i should of got my weight down to 16 stone.
So for that to happen, i need to lose just under 5lbs every single week.

I was prepared to be told id need to lose some weight but i feel totally defeated now, i know its just not going to happen.
I told the surgeon that I've already lost a stone and a half but he said that's not a lot and i need to do better!

I think Im going to make an appointment to see my gp and ill ask him how Im supposed to manage to lose so much so quickly x

To me thats awful a surgeon telling you that, its not healthy to lose so much so quickly and you'd think he'd realise that. Like others have said its about 1 - 2lb off a week realisticly, I've just found that healthy eating and exercise help me but my OH's mom is a bit overweight and shes now on the Weight Watchers, its doing her really good, shes feeling a lot better and doing exercise and shes losing weight in a sensible way. Good luck hun xx

Is he a private surgeon by any chance? Its all about the money with them! You should focus on healthy eating and not overdoing it, and then maybe in 3 months time you can see where you are and he might be happy to go forward.

i agree, its totally shocking info/advise/goal to get off someone as a pro :? xxx

He obviously just looked at some guideline about the surgery and didn't consider at all what would actually be a healthy speed to lose weight at!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->