How to temp?

D

DreamStarr

I have never taken bbt before. I am still not ready to put in that amount of effort- but if i do not get bfp this cycle then i will start temping. To get myself ready (just in case, there is a few things i am completely clueless about...

Do u temp orally or vaginally?
Can i use thermometer that shows up to 1 decimal (deg celcius) or should I get more sensitive one?
What happens when i sleep longer on weekends? How can i adjust my temps? Should I?

:dohh:

You can temp vaginally or orally it's just preference to be honest, personally I temp orally I just find it easier.
I used 1 decimal degree Celsius thermometer for a while until I noticed a low battery so I bought a new one and went for the more sensitive one but to be honest one decimal place is fine it'll still show your temp shift when you O
I set my alarm for 7am all week including the weekend and usually just go back to sleep because I literally get the thermometer from under my pillow and don't even lift my head until the beep which means it's read my temp and then I note it on my phone or notepad on the side of the bed and then put it onto my FF app. I find it so easy to get back to sleep as I don't do much at all so I don't properly wake I don't think. You need to make sure you temp at the same time though each day for your temps to be reliable. Make sure you have at least 3hrs solid sleep too and temp before getting out of bed or talking or anything.
It sounds such a hassle but it becomes second nature so quickly Infact when I get af I don't temp for them couple of days and it feels strange that I'm missing something

You should get a BBT thermometer. It's your preference on how to temp, I did orally. You should set an alarm and take your temp at the same time every single day, you can go back to sleep after. :)

Has to be a BBT. And has to be done every single day at exactly the same time, with no interruptions at least 4 hours before temp. I cant temp and chart just because its difficult for me to be that consistent in sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->