How to treat an awful cold?

LaughOutLoud

Reaction score
LO has a nasty cold at mo with runny noise today and watery eyes. Im keeping an eye on her temp and when it goes up give her calpol for it but other than that what else should I be doing?

I believe that childrens bodies should be given a chance to fight the virus and that helps to build their immune system up stronger so dont give really give medicines for colds. Guess Im checking that Im doing the right thing and if may be I should be giving her something like regular calpol?

At night we are using karvol vaporiser and putting vicks on her to help with her breathing.

What do you do and am I doing right?

Thanks for reading :hugs:

DS has one too though he has a cough and wee spots on his face. Took him to doc's due to the spots and she said the spots are a just viral, he's teething badly too. She advised calpol for high temp or if in pain from his teeth, so we have been giving him some as he's cranky and not his usual self. Also using Karvol in his room, apart from that I don't think there's much you can do. Hopefully they get well soon.

Emma has just got over a bad cold :( She has been a complete snot monster since the weekend! There's not much you can really do for them, like you say Calpol if they have a temp and the Karvol plugin at night.... Just keep them warm (but not too warm if they have a temp).

Generally speaking i don't give anything at all for colds. If they get really bad i will give them sambucol (sp?).
I usually raise their bed up at the head end to help them breath at night.

There isnt really much else you can do for the symptoms you have said. The cold will pass x

Generally speaking i don't give anything at all for colds. If they get really bad i will give them sambucol (sp?).
I usually raise their bed up at the head end to help them breath at night.

Exactly what i do, i just keep an eye on their tempreture and have calpol on stand by in case they need it, but other than that i always want to let the cold run its natural course - and so far they are always over it within 5 days max- with no intervention, other than warm soup/ milk, raised beds and lots of cuddles..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->