How will you tell you OH?!?

lovehearts

Reaction score
Just stealing ladyofrohan's thread idea :ninja:

i just wondered how you all planned to tell your OH when you got your BFP (once we graduate to TTC of course lol). Will you test together or do you want to do something special??

Since we are starting to TTC in May next year on our holiday i thought if we were lucky enough to catch first month i could test on fathers day in June......

xxx

That's a BRILLIANT idea! Best fathers day present ever lol. I'd love to do something really special and shocking, but I think in the end I'll be too excited and blurt it out, and he'll be there testing with me :) My friend made her husband a treasure hunt and at the end of it she put a tiny pair of baby booties. I just love treasure hunts lol xx

Ahh your friends idea was really good. I dont think ill be able to contain my excitment when the time comes either lol. xx

i would love to surprise my OH on his birthday, get a big box and put a baby grow and some booties inside it :) as he is desperate for us to have a baby i think he will be over the moon

He'll be there when I'm testing (no way I could sneak that one past him) so it'll be a surprise for both of us.

I'm pretty sure that DH will be right there while I'm testing as well :thumbup:

However, I am going to give him a gift when we finally get :bfp:. I just bought a piano book with lullabies in it. DH loves to play the piano and he's already stated that he wants to play to the bump during pregnancy. I figured some lullabies would be nice (of course DH is going to throw in some Liszt and Mozart as well).

Im gonna say....

"its going to be strange being a parent of two:kiss:"

That's so great! I might just have to give our babies spanners and hammers and drills, OH only really likes fixing and building things.
Not half as romantic as beautiful piano music XD

Haha yeah XD Someone on the telling the parents thread said they're just going to slip it in like 'how was your day? I'm pregnant. Yeah my day was fine thanks...' lol XD

Haha yeah XD Someone on the telling the parents thread said they're just going to slip it in like 'how was your day? I'm pregnant. Yeah my day was fine thanks...' lol XD

i like the idea of this. Its funny - see how quick they pick it up.

'hi honey - how was your day at work? Busy? o im pregnant. So eggs and chips for dinner?'

He probably wouldnt even notice!! :)

:rofl:

what did you do today?

did the washing
folded clothes
went online
online shopping
found out im pregnant
and got the shopping

i've been thinking about this, and if i'm lucky enough to get pg straight away, i could test on his bday! Great bday present! lol. x

what did you do today?

did the washing
folded clothes
went online
online shopping
found out im pregnant
and got the shopping

Haha I know for sure that my OH wouldn't cotton on for AAAAAGES! Bless 'im :p
The birthday present idea is perfect!

I'd love to tell my DH on his birthday too - buy a 'from the bump' birthday card, although unless that was the day of testing then i wouldn't be able to contain it probably. I got my last BFP with my last pregnancy on my birthday, so it would be fitting too.

Otherwise, snuggle in close, with his arms around me resting his hands on my belly and ask ' So Do I look blooming yet? -He always said I looked blooming when I was last pg - Would just love to see the penny drop and the expression on his face.

xx

I imagine I'll be pestered to test the minute AF is due, if not before. So not sure he'd need to be told, I'd be waving the test at him. Think it may be around New Year if I was to get a BFP straight away. That'd be nice.

Id just say, ermm yer im pregnat hahaha your stuck with me now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->