How would you feel if you fell pregnant now?

Ecstatic... although a little miffed that it couldn't have waited three months for me to finish my OU course! :rofl:

But I honestly couldn't feel badly about having another baby.

We are not TTC but if I were to fall pregnant I would be ecstatic. there are better times for us as we are going through a relationship rough patch, but when things are better between us it would be great. Not that we arent committed, but I would like to be at my best when pregnant, However I would be thrilled! DH, not so much until things are better lol :) I would love to get pregnant in 2009 though!

We would be EXSTATIC! :cloud9: We might have to hold off on getting our own place for a bit, but we would be so happy...

That's why we're waiting. We need to get ourselves in our own space and comfty/married/whatever first.

I would imagine I would have lots of mixed emotions. I have just set up a business and it seems to be going good so far so I would be worried that I would have to quit in a few months but what could be better than being a Mummy. Both myself and hubby would be so please.

I would love to fall pregnant right now. I think Husband and I are both at a point where if it were to just happen, we would be happy, but to actually try is scary. It makes everything so much more....what is the word?... Clinical. I would rather have a baby from making love than from havin' to do it to make a baby.

I would be in shock, scared, nervous but after a week I'm sure I would be excited. I would love for my son to learn to sleep through the night before falling pregnant!! Also, he takes a lot of my time right now so I would be scared about splitting my time but I would make it work.

I would love to fall pregnant right now. I think Husband and I are both at a point where if it were to just happen, we would be happy, but to actually try is scary. It makes everything so much more....what is the word?... Clinical. I would rather have a baby from making love than from havin' to do it to make a baby.

I know what you mean, i'd rather that it just happened rather than getting too stressed - it takes the fun away from it all.

i would probably freak, lol, although after the initial omfg, id be extatic.

though i dont kno wot my mum would think, or where i would live

I would be over the moon. I'd be so excited and so happy. But DB wouldn't be pleased at all. He said he'd deal with it but I'd rather he wanted it too. I hope my period doesn't come... *prays to the heavens* hehe. :happydance:

We'd be thrilled! We both want a baby now, espically since so many of our friends just had a baby or are pregnant. But we are going to try to wait until Hunter is closer to 3 years old when the new baby comes. But if we did get pregnant now, we wouldn't mind and would be very happy.

I'd be sooooo scared and excited! The main reason we're WTT is hubby has to go away to take his tradeschool courses, as we are in a small town that doesn't offer it here and it's full time classes. I don't really want to have him miss out on scans nor do I want to go through it alone. He will also have the schooling to be a Journeyman once he gets home too, which means much higher income. The wait is killing me though. I keep hoping the condom would have some factory defect and have a tiny hole in it, or break and we'd end up with a surprise. Every time my period arrives I get disappointed, even though I had no reason to get my hopes up.

I'm ovulating within the next couple of days (theoretically!) and OH keeps saying he wants to try now, 100%.... I want to wait though, because (although I really want him to do it) if I do get pregnant now, I won't have been in work for a year before I have to take maternity leave and so don't think I'm entitled to it. Would be scared, but of course uber happy at the prospect, as long as OH could get a decent job and I could do a load of temporary things to make up the money we need..

xx

I won't have been in work for a year before I have to take maternity leave and so don't think I'm entitled to it.

Oooh can you confirm with someone? If it turned out you didn't have to be there a year first then you won't have to wait! Either way though, that means you only have to wait three or four months at the most, right?:happydance:

I won't have been in work for a year before I have to take maternity leave and so don't think I'm entitled to it.

Oooh can you confirm with someone? If it turned out you didn't have to be there a year first then you won't have to wait! Either way though, that means you only have to wait three or four months at the most, right?:happydance:

I know! I might have a look around, think most of our terms of work are on the intranet, general ones at least.

We could probs start trying May-ish, but I'm not sure if I would! OH keeps asking if we can do a 'no protection' practice run, so just try one month and if nothing happens, wait a bit longer. If it's meant to be, sort of thing. :)

Would be nice to just start trying in a few months, at the moment I'm thinking it'd be good to get a bit longer work-wise under my belt, wait until OH gets onto a better wage, because then I could consider either going back to work part time (more part time, lol) after maternity leave, or quitting altogether. Would just be nice. :)

xx

xxxx

nightkd you have to work at the same place for 26 weeks to be entitled to maternity leave (I think) and that can include the first 15 weeks of pregnancy. There's info about it here: https://www.dwp.gov.uk/lifeevent/benefits/statutory_maternity_pay.asp

I'd be excited and delighted but also terrified. I really want a baby now and my H2B also wants one now but I really don't want to be pregnant and feel like crap on my wedding day (as I'd only be a few weeks pregnant so probably throwing up and exhausted) and also whilst I want to get pregnant this year I'd rather not have a baby until after next Christmas. Part of me though thinks we might as well start trying as it could take ages before we successfully conceive, especially as my cycles are very irregular.

I would be really excited though it would kind of spoil my dream wedding dress LOL. Only 6 months to go...

nightkd you have to work at the same place for 26 weeks to be entitled to maternity leave (I think) and that can include the first 15 weeks of pregnancy. There's info about it here: https://www.dwp.gov.uk/lifeevent/benefits/statutory_maternity_pay.asp

I'd be excited and delighted but also terrified. I really want a baby now and my H2B also wants one now but I really don't want to be pregnant and feel like crap on my wedding day (as I'd only be a few weeks pregnant so probably throwing up and exhausted) and also whilst I want to get pregnant this year I'd rather not have a baby until after next Christmas. Part of me though thinks we might as well start trying as it could take ages before we successfully conceive, especially as my cycles are very irregular.

Wow! I'm so jealous of y'all! I think I'd have to work a year before I get the benefits. Then I wouldn't get any pay whatsoever, and I'd only get 3 mos.

I live in the wrong damn country. :dohh:

Id rather just be pregnant than have to worry about getting pregnant. Also, the happy accident thing would be better for me for some reason! Already have a place to live, though we are struggling to pay the rent at the moment because my OH hasn't got a job (was self-employed in building trade but credit crunch got him!!). But I think being pregnant now would spur him on even more to get a job or something. It would also be easier to explain to parents!! I think? I am only 20 you see and I don't think me being pregnant at this age is what they would have wished. I was the "clever" child. Thats an explanation hahaha sorry its so long!!

I would be terrified but over the moon. In one way I'd love to have a surprise as then all the stress and thought would be taken out of that part of it, on the other, I tend to like to be in control of things so the idea of making the conscious decision to try sits well with me....I can't make up my mind what I would rather though!

But to answer the question, we would be over the moon. The waiting thing now is not because we aren't ready or because we are unsure, it is just so we can be in a slightly better position so with every passing day, we are a bit closer to that so if it happens that way, it was clearly meant to...

x

I don't know what I'd do. We want another baby in 2 years or so, but we defo aren't ready now. We want our own place first, there's already 3 of us and all our stuff in one room, we can't possibly fit anything else. I also want Kathryn out of diapers first, I can't imagine doing double the diapers! Also I want to lose weight and get healthy before putting my body through another pregnancy. And we want to build up a little nest egg too. So now would be a really bad time. We'd manage somehow, but It'd be waaay stressful. Our 1st baby was a surprise (and she's amazing!) so I want our 2nd to be on our terms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->