HSG test - when to do it?

Now I am so excited for HSG that I am not worried about the pain. :)

I've read that some women the pain is excruciating... But for me it was just uncomfortable. Never took Tylenol, and once it was over the uncomfortableness was gone instantly. I had a little cramping afterwards, but no where near what AF feels like.

Who knows until the procedure is done. Seems it's different for everyone. Better to take pain killer it seems. Thanks ladies for sharing your experiences.

So I had HSG done today :) There was rarely any pain. But I felt pressure with cramps which lasted an hour after the procedure. I had 2 acetaminophen 2 hours before.

Both tubes are open and clear. it's good news but probably this means it won't make any difference to baby making or getting a bfp.

i normally o around cd12 and i had it done today so we couldn't do any baby dancing yet this cycle.

Both tubes are open and clear. it's good news but probably this means it won't make any difference to baby making or getting a bfp.

i normally o around cd12 and i had it done today so we couldn't do any baby dancing yet this cycle.

It might help. I know a girl on this website that tried for almost a year before having an hsg done. Her tubes and uterus were all clear and she got a bfp that same cycle. I know that might not happen for everyone, but a girl can dream! I did read a study that showed women were more fertile after an hsg with clear tubes than previous cycles. I don't know how they came to that number but a lot of women say they cleaned out the cobwebs and were good to go

It might help. I know a girl on this website that tried for almost a year before having an hsg done. Her tubes and uterus were all clear and she got a bfp that same cycle. I know that might not happen for everyone, but a girl can dream! I did read a study that showed women were more fertile after an hsg with clear tubes than previous cycles. I don't know how they came to that number but a lot of women say they cleaned out the cobwebs and were good to go

Thank you jrepp :) I was wondering what happens to women with clear tube after an HSG. I'm CD 10 today will try to bd tonight and tomorrow in case I do O on cd12. So now hubby needs to get tested before I can see my doctor again. Hope it all works out for the best :) Thanks for the hope!!! :hugs:

So I had HSG done today :) There was rarely any pain. But I felt pressure with cramps which lasted an hour after the procedure. I had 2 acetaminophen 2 hours before.

I just had my test done yesterday and I'm so hopefully it's going to help us this month! I'm keeping my FX for both of us. Keep us updated!

Was everything clear on yours martamok?

I just had my test done yesterday and I'm so hopefully it's going to help us this month! I'm keeping my FX for both of us. Keep us updated!

I hope so too! thank you so much - I'm keeping my FX too for both of us! What was the result after the HSG?

Well with the first push of the dye my right tube was clear but it looked like in left the dye wasn't going through. They did a second push of the dye and it was all clear. I really hope that my left was somewhat blocked so now it's completely open for the swimmers. It was pretty painful and I did bleed after....and I got a UTI from it I believe :cry: It sux!
How are you doing Jrepp?

I hope so too! thank you so much - I'm keeping my FX too for both of us! What was the result after the HSG?

You can see my reply above, at the end I was told everything was clear. I do hope the HGS cleared some junk from my tubes so now they are all clear! It would be a waste if the only thing I got from it was a UTI lol

What were the results from yours? When are you suppose to ovulate?

I'm doing good. Just waiting for ovulation. I'm on cd 9 today so I still have 8 days to go.

I hope that your hsg cleared the cobwebs and you get pregnant this cycle. Did they do the hsg in time that you can get some bd in before ovulation?

Hi martamok!
Mine was good. Everything was clear and open, I am hoping that's still good news. I normally ovulate between CD12 and CD14 but this time I haven't ovulated yet but getting almost positive OPKs for the last couple of days. I think since the HSG was done so late on CD10 that might have delayed ovulation for me. I am hoping to ovulate tomorrow.

Hi Jrepp! I see you started a new cycle. When do you ovulate? I hope it's your lucky cycle!

Typically I ovulate on cd 17-20. I'll start testing probably tomorrow in case I o early. I hope this is all of our lucky cycles!

Well with the first push of the dye my right tube was clear but it looked like in left the dye wasn't going through. They did a second push of the dye and it was all clear. I really hope that my left was somewhat blocked so now it's completely open for the swimmers. It was pretty painful and I did bleed after....and I got a UTI from it I believe :cry: It sux!
How are you doing Jrepp?

I actually got a kidney infection from mine.

So HSG delayed my ovulation. I normally O mostly on CD12 but today is CD15 and I just got a positive OPK. So hoping to O tomorrow or day after.

How are you doing Jrepp?

I actually got a kidney infection from mine.

Oh no, that sounds horrible! How long did it take you to get better? Was it a UTI that turned into a kidney infection? I think that could happen but I'm not sure.

:flower: hello Ladies,

So great reading all your experiences with Hsg.. I'm scheduled for mine next week Tuesday NOT looking forward to it, because of all the horror stories on google:dohh:

Hope you don't mind if I join the thread:flower::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->