HSG test - when to do it?

:flower: hello Ladies,

So great reading all your experiences with Hsg.. I'm scheduled for mine next week Tuesday NOT looking forward to it, because of all the horror stories on google:dohh:

Hope you don't mind if I join the thread:flower::hugs:

Hi please don't be scared. Experiences vary. I went in 5 days ago and there was no pain at all - only some strong pressure while doing it which lasts only couple of minutes. And some period type mild cramps afterwards.

I'm doing good. Just waiting for ovulation. I'm on cd 9 today so I still have 8 days to go.

I hope that your hsg cleared the cobwebs and you get pregnant this cycle. Did they do the hsg in time that you can get some bd in before ovulation?

Yes, I got the HSG done cd 7, I ovulate between cd 14-18 (today is cd 13), but I wonder if it's going to be different this month because of the test. I heard sometimes it delays ovulation. We're going to start bd tomorrow.

:flower: hello Ladies,

So great reading all your experiences with Hsg.. I'm scheduled for mine next week Tuesday NOT looking forward to it, because of all the horror stories on google:dohh:

Hope you don't mind if I join the thread:flower::hugs:

Hi Mummywant2b Good luck next week. Even tho it was a little painful if it clears our tubes it's worth it!! Overall the test was not longer then 2 minutes so even if it hurts, it doesn't last long.

I hope no one minds id I post a question on here, but I was wondering has your doctor suggest Clomid after your HSG? My doc said that's the next step but I dont know how long I should wait after my HSG test. I was going to give it like a month or two. What do you ladies think? Should I give it more time? All of our other tests came back completely fine.

I hope no one minds id I post a question on here, but I was wondering has your doctor suggest Clomid after your HSG? My doc said that's the next step but I dont know how long I should wait after my HSG test. I was going to give it like a month or two. What do you ladies think? Should I give it more time? All of our other tests came back completely fine.

My doctor wanted to give me clomid and before that she wanted to make sure I don't have any blocks and hence the HSG. Next step is hubby's SA and then clomid. I don't think I want to wait. Also, my tubes were open and clear so the HSG won't make a lot of difference for me *I think*. But if you want you should wait couple of months.

Welcome. I think anyone looking for answers is welcome! I hope that your hsg goes well. I actually had an sis done instead of an hsg, which my doctor said was way worse than an hsg is. Plus they had to do mine twice because my uterus didn't inflate the first time. My advice would be to make sure to take some Tylenol before you go if they don't give you a vicodin.

Martamok, my doctor has not put me on clomid. I think its a case by case basis. Are your cycles regular and normal or have you had any other troubles in trying to conceive? For example, I ovulate on my own, normal periods, normal lp, hubbys semen seems to be fine based on 3 pregnancies, so no real reason to at this point. Give it a couple more non pregnant months and I think we will start medicated cycles.

Was everything clear on yours martamok?

Well with the first push of the dye my right tube was clear but it looked like in left the dye wasn't going through. They did a second push of the dye and it was all clear. I really hope that my left was somewhat blocked so now it's completely open for the swimmers. It was pretty painful and I did bleed after....and I got a UTI from it I believe :cry: It sux!
How are you doing Jrepp?

I actually got a kidney infection from mine.

Oh no, that sounds horrible! How long did it take you to get better? Was it a UTI that turned into a kidney infection? I think that could happen but I'm not sure.

I actually waited about two weeks to go in to see a Dr after I was in so much pain I couldn't even sleep, but after meds took about 3-4 days to clear up

Hi girls! I wanted to post an update on here, since I know when I was looking for HSG forums I was looking to read what happened after the test and find out the outcomes.

So I have really good news..I'm pregnant! After trying for a long time, I had the HSG done last cycle on cd6. I did ovulate late this month, on cd18 (instead of 14-15 when I usually do). My right tube was sort of blocked because the dye only went through the second time it was pushed. Ovaries hurt after the test and even after I ovulated. So after that I got my very first and very faint :bfp: on 10dpo! Now I'm about 6 days passed my period and my BFP is very dark! I'm going to see my doctor today.

I believe there is hope for everyone especially after an HSG! Baby dust to all and FX! :hugs:

:dust:

Congrats on your BFP Martamok!
And thank you for taking the time to let us know the results :)
My O was delayed by 4-5 days too this time but I didn't get a BFP this month. Hubby is due for SA test soon and then I will go see the doc for next cycle so we can start clomid. I am glad you didn't have to start clomid because I remember you wanted to wait couple of cycles before trying it.

MummyWant2be, mod19, Jrepp, wantbump,
Thank you thank you thank you!
I'm super excited and nervous at the same time! I'm about 6-7 weeks along now, but it's still hard to believe. Plus I have cramps and discharge sometimes, so it's scary. Good luck to everyone :) and baby dust to all!

Hi Ladies,

So I've just had my HSG about an hour ago, and the radiologist wouldn't tell me anything..and said I have to discuss the results with my doc...

and I will only be seeing my docter in 5 hours or so..for now please help as I'm going crazy, trying to make sense of tis report.

basically in summary the report states "Mild hydrosalpinx is seen on the left side but contrast spillage present" and "the right fallopian tube is within normal limits"

please help:cry: and it says "The is dilatation of the left fallopian tube but contrast spillage was demonstrated" does this mean my left tube is blocked?:cry:

I honest don't know what it means. My right tube was blocked and now completely gone and I have a little peanut on the way :)

Hi ladies, hope it's ok for me to join this thread. I don't have an HSG scheduled, and although I've only been TTC for a few months I have been researching vaginal infections and possible infertility. After the birth of my DD, over the course of about 10 years, I've had terrible trouble bouncing back and forth between yeast infections and BV (more so BV), taking medication for one would seem to cause the other to flare up. :cry: Even though I've always seen my OB/GYN and been treated, I wonder if I may have blockage or scarring from it? So after a few more months of TTC, I am going to visit my doctor and discuss all of my concerns. If I may ask, what prompted your test? I have charted my BBT and used OPK for the past 2+ months which show a regular cycle and ovulation, and we :sex: around O time... I'm wondering if I have hostile CM or blocked tubes? Any comments and/or info is much appreciated! :hugs:

My Dr wanted the test done since I had a previous surgery on my tubes and wanted to make sure they were clear (1 wasn't, which we expected). And also the fact that we'd been TTC for almost 4 years at the time.

My Dr wanted the test done since I had a previous surgery on my tubes and wanted to make sure they were clear (1 wasn't, which we expected). And also the fact that we'd been TTC for almost 4 years at the time.

I see, apparently it helped because I notice that you're expecting?! :happydance: I've never had any procedures, just an IUD for a few months in 2011. I've only been TTC for a few months so I know I shouldn't assume anything right now, but given my history of infections and what I've researched I just want to be prepared and take steps as soon as possible IF there is a problem. I've asked doctors if BV can cause infertility, to which the reply was "no"... but I've read that BV - if left untreated (for how long, I'm not sure) - can cause PID which can cause scarring of the tubes. I tend to be one of those people that read about medical conditions online and assume I have it :dohh: Like I said I've always visited my doc ASAP for treatment and because of the frequency, am very in tune with my body. Hoping that by ditching the BBT charting and OPK testing and just relaxing for a few months will help and I can get a :bfp: soon!

MummyWant2Be
I don't know what it means but I am surprised the technician wouldn't jut give you the results straight away. Since you are seeing your doc in 5 hours you'll get to know soon though so don't worry! I didn't have any blocks and I am still trying for a baby. So maybe it's good thing to have a block then it gets cleared and you know what the problem was! Good luck. Let us know what your doc says.

wantbump how long have you been TTC? What prompted your HSG?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->