Hubby's unrealistic expectations!

coming from some1 due in august not a good time to be pregnant VERY hot lol xxx

My birthday is acutally in summer, and I like it that way. I always pity those who have their birthday on christmas O.O. anyway I think spring is also nice too.

Both me and my brother were born in August. I love it, the weather is usually good around my birthday for going on fun days out etc! But my mum does not advise it lol!

LOL bless him. My oh is like this. One of the reasons he wont let us ttc now is he think's its going to happen straight away. I have to remind him that without any problems it can take up to a year to fall pregnant and it then takes a futher 9 months to cook it.

My gawd ditto here, I told Robin i'm expecting 6months...he was SO shocked he just thought it was quick and easy :lol:

this post made me laugh :rofl: It never happens when you intend it to :dohh:

The first time I got pg, I didn't think much about the impact of the due month, but after giving birth to my daughter on 31/12, I decided that I definitely wouldn't give birth again in the winter. When we decided to TTC for baby 2, I stopped the pill in June, assuming it would happen pretty quickly as it had for baby1....it didn't until 10 months later. Due date 31/12!!!

7 years went by (a separation and new relationship) when new partner asked in March if I'd agree to TTC. I told him that I would be delighted, but ABSOLUTELY didn't want a winter baby. We decided to try this summer...but then after reading, and being told by my GP that my fertility at 38 wasn't the same as 10 years ago, that it took time after stopping the pill for cycles to get back to normal, and considering the time it took me to get pg with my boy, I decided to stop the pill in April, assuming it would take some months to get going and hoping it wouldn't take longer than 7 months to get pg....and of course, I failed again...go pg first cycle after stopping the pill, baby due in Feb....

I am resigning myself to the fact that no matter when I start TTC, I will only get preg in the spring :rofl::rofl:

Iv just asked Oh and he said "you have sex, you get pregnant".

DH is fairly realistic. He reckons we'll either catch really quick or take ages - no middle ground!

Easy for the men to say august is the best time to have a baby, they're not the ones with the hot flushes and swollen ankles, hands feet, face...... lets just say body, I was only 6months gone aswell. Feel for anyone due in the summer

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I guess if he's set on it, if it doesnt happen straight away then you might get to be heavily preggers in the cooler months!!! He'll learn! You might fall straightaway tho, some people do! x

I do agree with the whole "having a birthday in the summer" tho. Mine is in november, and i sorta wish i had the presents spaced out over the year! lol

I must say I do agree with this bit actually - our birthdays are both in January and it is really rubbish - everyone's miserable because christmas is over, all the money was spent on christmas so there's none left for birthday presents or parties or going out and then there's nothing until the next christmas! Would be nice to have a summer bubba to look forward to, but I don't share his confidence that it will be that simple!

I like my birthday month - April. Just long enough after Christmas that everyone has recovered and got some more money, but close enough that if I didn't get something for Christmas that I really wanted I can ask for it for my birthday. The weather is usually not too bad, so I've been able to have outside parties sometimes.

Ideally, the perfect time for OH and I to conceive would be in late Aug. or early to mid Sept. That way, I wouldn't be too heavily pregnant around exam time and would have some time with baby before I go back to fall classes. Unfortunately, I know we can't just pick a date to conceive. Hopefully we conceive before then anyway!

My hubby is the same way, he thinks getting me pregnant will be a piece of cake. We've been married for over 3 years and I've been trying to convince him for at least 2 that we should start trying because who knows how long it'll take and we're not getting any younger. He's never understood that. My reasoning has always been that we may have issues getting pregnant, so many people do nowadays. He thinks that I always look at the negitive side of everything but I think I'm being realistic. He's finally agreed that he wants to start trying in August..he's realized that most of his friends are starting to have or already have kids and I think he's feeling left out..haha..or just realizing it's time!

My sister is 32 and still doesn't plan to get pregnant soon. She doesn't take any contraception pills, she just used barrier methods. So, I guess her system is ok.
Anyway, she says she wants to wait until she is 34 to try to conceive. I got pregnant at 33 in the very first month I tried. Do you think she'll be as lucky as me? Should she be worried?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->