Hurry up BFPs!!! We are ready when you are :-)

Morning all.

Ece77 im guessing im probably about 2dpo too!

How does the chromosome test help? If u find out something is wrong like with Susans DH there is nothing u can do to change it anyway.....or is there? X

Wow, we can be 2WW buddies :happydance:. How long is your usual LP and when are you planning to test? I wanted to wait until AF time, but now that I'm worried about low progesterone I'm thinking more like 12 DPO, so the 27th.

About the chromosome thing, I guess if it's a very severe thing (unlike Susan's DH, because it seems he went on with his life without problems until now), they would go on with IVF and check the embryo's chromosomes before placing it (although I'm no expert of course)!

Oh yeah i guess if its a chromosome disorder that can be passed on then they could sort out the healthy sperm/eggs perhaps?

Ive got about a 30 day cycle and my lp is about 14dpo ish. Im not going to test as i really dont think i will be pregnant. I will just wait for af and if she doesnt come by September then i will test. But i know af will come and im fine with that xxx

Yes, ece has is it right. If there is a major abnormality with 1 persons chromosomes which could result in something awful, then they can test embryo's in IVF with something called PGD. There was no point us using that as a) it's expensive, b) it can reduce the implantation rate and c) most importantly with us, hubby's condition means at worst we could have a baby with XYY (Jacobs) or Klinefeldters Syndrome. XYY can lead to learning difficulties and ADHD type behaviour and height issues but in hubby's case he has a bachelor degree and is 5'10" so never knew he had it. Klinefeldters is a normal healthy baby but born sterile.

Sarah - it doesn't necessary have to be the hubby or his parents, it can be the woman who has a chromosome issue BUT remember, it is not a common thing. The only reason we had it was I was 37 and had just had a huge fibroid removed and they knew my mother had MC'd 4 times losing 5 baby's so they felt it best to test us before we went through the expect of assisted conception. Yes, it was just a blood test and was very simple really. It was just waiting for the genetic counselling that took time as its public only so our private insurance did not hurry things up and there was no private option to speed things up.

Sorry have written an essay here :)

Don't be so hopeless please! It's not over until it's over ;)

Mrsb and ece! I think im either 1 or 3 or 2 dpo lol we are all 2ww buddies! Yay!!

Wgats everyone up to today? Iv hurt my ankle from running and bootcamp abd just tried cleaning the house and my ankle has swelled up so im a hobbling mess lol xxx

Aww sorry u hurt your ankle. I woke up with a magraine so am still in bed feeling rubbish x

I have been in bed all afternoon feeling blah! Might have been the pickled onion monster munch I got from the British Shop - I have wicked indigestion :p

Hubby's cooking dinner at the moment - spag Bol & then we will watch a film or something.

Cath - hope your ankle is better soon
MrsBroodyPant - migraines suck....hope it goes away soon

Thanks Susan.

Whats a british shop? Xxx

It's a shop that sells all UK stuff from football stuff, food, toiletries, sweets to clothes.

We go occasionally as I like galaxy hot chocolate & Yorkshire Tea & hubby likes Bourbon Biscuits.

Today I bought monster munch & branston pickle mini cheds :)

It's funny cos when I lived in London I used to visit the Australia Shop in Covent Garden for my Aussie Goodies.

thanks girls, i know its not just on him, it'll be on both of us, i'm not totally sure on what the "we can help you" comment was, cos if the only way to sort the chromosome one out would be IVF, then its a free answer to a bloody expensive problem!! but i guess, its better to know than keep trying and things going wrong, someone also suggested not being able to carry girls???? hey??? wtf is that one??? xxxxxxxx

The not being able to carry a certain sex only exists if its been passed down through generations eg df father and fathers father and fathers father father cant carry girls its not that common.

Oohhh Dream is it more expensive? Is hubby British or Australian?

Ohhhh Mrsb sorry for the migraine hun stay in bed all day hun xxx

Sorry i posted that twice - dont know how!

Yorkshire tea is from where i live :). We drink it too xxx

Cath - hubby is Indian but grew up in London. I am English (Bristol) but grew up in Australia. We met online in a chat room. I ended up moving back to England to be with him & after 7 years he moved to Australia with me. So we both count ourselves as British, although hubby does like a good curry (as long as he can have a pint of John Smiths with it) :)

MrsBroodyPant - my Grandmother was from Yorkshire. I love a nice strong cuppa so Yorkshire tea really works for me :)

Yep, he does. The weather is lovely and outdoor living fabulous. We both early way more than we did in the UK and could afford a mortgage on a house. We both miss certain aspects of the UK though.

so that is true then??? andy's got a brother, but his brother has had a little girl???
ooh its me anyway... i dunno why i'm even thinking like that, i've had 3 m/c, 1 with my ex, and 2 with andy, so its deffo me, dummo why i'm even thinking about the bloody sex, maybe people have said it cos i've got josh???? and he's a boy lol xxxx

If it was a chromosome issue with sex hun you would know as there would just be all boys on one side of the family iykwim?

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->